Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Another question about pricing.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another question about pricing.

Hi all

Been a lurker for a long time and thinking about pulling the trigger . 2 dealers have already quoted me $27.5K+ttl for a base G35 auto (about 1 K below invoice). I have yet to call other dealers. Would it be unreasonable for me to counterback with $26.5K?? My friend's brother low suppously bought a 04 base sedan on March this year for around 26K and I read a post here of someone getting a base G35 from Tustin at $25Kish (wtf?). Just want to double check with you guys. Don't want to shoot an unreasonable offer and lose credibility.

thanks

Old 08-27-2005, 02:00 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Where are you located? I think it makes a difference where you are trying to buy one. If you want an '05 and not an '06 and you can live with what they have on the lot I would wait another couple months and you should be able to get a good deal. Our '04 we bought in March of this year and we paid about $4000 under window sticker for it. You can see from the signature what we got for options and the only thing we did ourselves after purchase was the tint. I thought we got a good deal. Might could have talked them down a little further but I didn't feel like we got shafted by any means. Just my 2 cents but see what some of these other guys think - especially anyone who is close by to where you will be buying your new car. Good Luck!!

Old 08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Where are you located? I think it makes a difference where you are trying to buy one. If you want an '05 and not an '06 and you can live with what they have on the lot I would wait another couple months and you should be able to get a good deal. Our '04 we bought in March of this year and we paid about $4000 under window sticker for it. You can see from the signature what we got for options and the only thing we did ourselves after purchase was the tint. I thought we got a good deal. Might could have talked them down a little further but I didn't feel like we got shafted by any means. Just my 2 cents but see what some of these other guys think - especially anyone who is close by to where you will be buying your new car. Good Luck!!

Oops. I forgot to add that I'm in Socal (LA). I did a quick inventory check and there are a lot of base G35s in stock. I already got quotes from Santa Monica Infiniti and Glendale. I read a post of some guy getting a G for $25K at Tustin.
The only thing that worries me is the APR. When the 06 start coming in I'm pretty sure Infiniti will kill the 1.99% APR, although the 05 might get discounted more.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I am in Central Cali. and just closed a deal for a 6 speed with the premium package in So. Cal. I will pick the car up next week. I cannot disclose the dealer until after the sale, but I got them down to $1700 below invoice and they will incluide wheel locks and a ful detail as well. THat is about $5000 below sticker. The car stickers for $34.590 and my price is $29,970. There are many 05's on the lots. Some dealers have 80 -100 in stock. Go to Infiniti's site and build and locate the car that you want. Then e-mail all of the dealers and start negotiating.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Are you doing a trade-in? That greatly affects negotiating since the dealer can make a lot of money on it. I think getting $1k below invoice is stellar but it doesn't hurt to try for better. Socal seems to be the best place to buy a G35 right now. I would throw some numbers out there and see if anyone bites. If you get the dealers competing for your business, you can only benefit.

Do not worry about cred when it comes to car salesmen. They may try to talk down to you but you are the one giving them a big check. If someone gives you a hard time, tell them to **** off and go somewhere else. These people are not your friends even though they try to act like it. Give em hell.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:42 PM
No trade-in I just got another quote for $2000 below invoice. The competition is stellar. I think that I might go with the first quote which is about $200 higher, but does not have the fron license plates drilled.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by brasil
No trade-in I just got another quote for $2000 below invoice. The competition is stellar. I think that I might go with the first quote which is about $200 higher, but does not have the fron license plates drilled.
I tried to PM you but the system won't let me. Can you email me your dealer at bolido2000 AT yahoo.com? I promise I won't mention your deal to them.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:54 AM
mk3gtr or other folks - I need to help my sister buy a G35 auto + prem pkg in the next few weeks... What dealer did you end up with and what's a good number to shoot for below invoice?

Old 09-15-2005, 03:07 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
I would go online and look up the nation wide average for the car, depending on where you live, some places, like down here in cali are way more expensive than the east coast because cars last longer out here (snow and rain all the time). Set your price at the nation average or right above it if you havent already gotten that deal and tell them "this is what i want to pay, take it or leave it" My aunt did it with her jetta and got it for $6000 under the sticker price.