Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Trade G for E46 M3?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
of course M3 is a better car. not to mention faster too. yes, there are a lot of people who doesnt know how to shift right. (s2000s get smoked a lot by my g, but i know it is only bc they are not shifting at the right time. plus i have little mods...)

M3's build quality is of course better. why do you think it costs extra $20,000?

key to the g35's success in the market was its value, i am sure. there is no other car that gives you this much luxury + performance at its price tag.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:59 PM
well, i appreciate everyone's input so far...i didn't mean to start a BMW vs. Infiniti war....and yes we all know that you can pump an extra 10-15gs into the G and make it beat the M3...but with that you also sacrifice reliablity....i do agree about how the M3 looks pretty much like any other BMW out there but there aren't a lot in my area, plus i would have my rims on it also....i'm all about originality and i'm the only one in my area with a G and i would be the only one with a M3 if i got one...i'm still up in the air about the M3 tho, mainly the 750/month car payment is really deterring me.....

Old 09-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by sdkingka
of course M3 is a better car. not to mention faster too. yes, there are a lot of people who doesnt know how to shift right. (s2000s get smoked a lot by my g, but i know it is only bc they are not shifting at the right time. plus i have little mods...)

M3's build quality is of course better. why do you think it costs extra $20,000?

key to the g35's success in the market was its value, i am sure. there is no other car that gives you this much luxury + performance at its price tag.
I'm sure M3 is a better car by just looking at the price tag. Faster and luxurious. I'm not too sure about the "build quality" issue. I know their "material quality" is far superior than our car but german cars have some issues about the craftmanship. They buy use good materials but doesn't seem to know how to put them together. It's only a car. Supposed to take you around places not you take them around. You hear brand new german cars breaking down after 2 months but not Japanese cars.

I personally like the look of 330ic with sport package better. I think it looks more balanced. The only thing I like about the M3 appearance wise is the side air outlet and the quad exhaust. I HATE the rear fender and the rim that doesn't match the size of the car.

But for sure you get more chicks with M3 than our G.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Hands down M3, thats one of the only cars I would get over my g sadly to say. The M3 is a beautiful car and with 333 hp and a 0-60 of 4.7 secs.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:28 AM
M3...great car..great quality....and i love the solid build.

make sure you get the competition package!

Old 09-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Armani350GT
I'm sure M3 is a better car by just looking at the price tag. Faster and luxurious. I'm not too sure about the "build quality" issue. I know their "material quality" is far superior than our car but german cars have some issues about the craftmanship. They buy use good materials but doesn't seem to know how to put them together. It's only a car. Supposed to take you around places not you take them around. You hear brand new german cars breaking down after 2 months but not Japanese cars.

I personally like the look of 330ic with sport package better. I think it looks more balanced. The only thing I like about the M3 appearance wise is the side air outlet and the quad exhaust. I HATE the rear fender and the rim that doesn't match the size of the car.

But for sure you get more chicks with M3 than our G.
Build quality is just as good....a solid door thump you will get over and over....relability might be a different issue! but it will be fine for the 5 years out, nothing the G35 can't have problems with....

But then again my G35 is the one that has to go to the dealer for the rear axels...

Old 09-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I rather own a new car for starters. Second, I like the looks of our G's much better than that of the M3.

That being said, I've driven a 04 M3 (test drove it) and it was amazing. Then, I really drove a 2001 M3 (a friend's M3)... after getting to floor it and all, god I wish I could afford a new M3. If you dont mind the NEW vs OLD and just compare car by car... M3 = Winner in speed and drive feel... G = Better look's and (IMO) 05 G's have nicer interior.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:32 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
I rather own a new car for starters. Second, I like the looks of our G's much better than that of the M3.

That being said, I've driven a 04 M3 (test drove it) and it was amazing. Then, I really drove a 2001 M3 (a friend's M3)... after getting to floor it and all, god I wish I could afford a new M3. If you dont mind the NEW vs OLD and just compare car by car... M3 = Winner in speed and drive feel... G = Better look's and (IMO) 05 G's have nicer interior.
I completely agree with you...

Old 09-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah this is a real tough decision. If you have the money I say go for the m3, you wont regret it. I am trying to decide what to get this november and I looked hard at the m3. Even if i really streched my budget it was still coming out to about 6 or 7 grand more than I can afford. I will most prolly end up getting the 06 G, BUT if I would have preferred the m3. Yes you can spend 10 grand on the G and make it twice as faster but you never know when you are gonna blow your engine with a FI setup. Lets face it, no aftermarket will ever be as reliable as factory, esp when its backed by a manufacturer warranty. So is that 20G worth the peace of mind? Dont know...but I know I will be debating that point quite often when I am driving in my new G. The G would have been perfect if it had 330-350 hp, even if it cost 3 or 4 grand more. But man that carbon black metallic m3 was sweet....I even got the dealer to come down 2000 off msrp on a ordered in 2006 M3 in houston. So if anyone wants one, let me know ill tell who to talk to.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:46 AM
Gangster Member
you guys are crazy

Old 09-20-2005, 06:03 AM
M3..no doubt.

The ONLY problem I see is that a new M3 will be coming out soon, making the current car "old."

Then again, a new G will probably be out soon to. Hence my vote for the M3.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Well I am kind of in the same situation. Until yesterday I was between Boxster and 04 G35 6MT becuase I figured the M3 was too much $$. Had the money ready to go on the black/black G35 and the dealer let me have the car for a few hours. Thank god he did offer me the car....I really did not like it at all. I wanted to soooo badly, great price, low miles, every option, etc. I've had a new 01 323Ci, then Boxster, then Hummer H2 and now I am driving my 2001 325i (because my wife just bought an X5). I am use to the German feel I guess. Anyway, the G just didn't do it for me and now I am between Boxster and M3. M3 hands down but is more than I want to sepnd right now. Looking used, hopefully 02-03 with low miles. Warranty is a must.

I was so bummed that I didn't fall in love with the G35. Oh well.

I say go for the M3!

--JK

Old 09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by g35audioman
M3..no doubt.

The ONLY problem I see is that a new M3 will be coming out soon, making the current car "old."

Then again, a new G will probably be out soon to. Hence my vote for the M3.
I bet the E46 M3 look much better than whatever Bangle has in store for the E90

Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 AM
^ there are spy shots of the E90... pretty much same as a normal 3 series... I like the headlights cuz theey look aggressive, but thats where it ends.

Sadly, no matter how ugly it is, the car itself will be a monster and thats why it will sell.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Talking

I'm starting to get fed up with my G. I've owned almost 2 years now.

I thought about getting M3 altough new car price tag turned me down.

I wanted to get Used M3, again it's not appealing.

I test drove both Manual and SMG M3, and I loved it so much. I wish I had

money to buy it. Handling was just Amazing. G has pretty good handling but I

liked the M3 handling more than G. BTW anyone test drove Carrera S?

I just wonder how it feels when you take corners cuz every magazine I read,

they all have complimentary on Carrera's Handling. "It's like a car driving on

the rail" Just curious

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trade G for E46 M3?????