Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Purchasing a G35 Sedan soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:30 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by dampfnudel
THE BAD - You forgot the subpar sound system (compared to the competition, it would be alright on a $15-20K vehicle)
Is this the base stereo or BOSE? Also, you sure you mean $15-20k car, no exaggeration? Civics et al. have crappy stereo's.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like how i have 6 disc in dash cd changer that supports mp3s :]

Old 10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
In my book, MP3 playback is absolutely key. I would swap out any OEM setup that didn't support it.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really? rattles are a big issues with the 05's?
when i look on the TL boards, i see "rattle" posts everywhere. over here i never really see'em. i must be looking past em.

i thought that was a leg up for the G

Old 10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Is this the base stereo or BOSE? Also, you sure you mean $15-20k car, no exaggeration? Civics et al. have crappy stereo's.
Both. There's no substantial difference between the two. There's a reason the Bose system has a nickname - "Blose". The display could be better as well (reminds me of a portable arcade game I owned during the 80s). The only good thing is the MP3 compatibility. I still like the G35 and can't wait for the next-gen.

Does anyone here own a M35/45, is the sound system better ? (I think it's also a Bose system)

Old 10-06-2005, 08:26 PM
The only "bad" thing I would say about the car, besides things that you would expect (gas mileage for a 298hp car) and ridiculous stuff (no cruse control at 90 = ridiculous, this is a safety hazard anyway) is this: The sound system is absolutely unnaceptable. First impression of the car, you sit in it and the interior is great, well layed out and comfortable. You turn the ignition and start the car and hear the engine roar. You shift into gear and take off with impressive power and handling.. then you turn on the stereo. What an absolute discrace. The only thing on this car that is absolutely, unequivically horrible for a $35,000 car with a "premium" sound system.

Other than that, I have came to really love my G35. Every time I drive my other cars (Vette, Mercedes, SUV) I cant wait to be back in my G. I feel so much more comfortable even just sitting in it, and I always wish I was driving it. I just cant wait to ditch this sound system. Honda Civics DO have SIGNIFICANTLY better sound systems. I cant imagine more than about $15 worth of components are invested into our cars stereo systems.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:36 PM
jcd
Does anyone here own a M35/45, is the sound system better ? (I think it's also a Bose system)
The Bose system in the M rocks! 14 speakers, 5.1 surround. It's incredible. It's part of an option package and it's oh so sweet.

It also has a sensor which senses cabin noise and raises the volume to compensate for road noise, etc.

The M is so well thought out, I can hardly wait for the next gen G.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Some have firmly condemned the Bose stereo as being cheap sounding and completely unacceptable on a $35K car. I find mine perfectly acceptable. Perhaps I should say that their hearing is completely unacceptable for one who appreciates a performance car. It is not a sound studio! Listen to it and make up your own mind. Sound quality is very subjective.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Bose in general is over-rated... home and auto. But IMO, both Bose and non-Bose are very decent oem systems. I don’t know why people think they are inferior to other stock stereos... they are better than most I've heard.

If you want true audio performance you will get high end after market anyway... for stock I think it's pretty damn good.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Bose in general is over-rated... home and auto. But IMO, both Bose and non-Bose are very decent oem systems. I don’t know why people think they are inferior to other stock stereos... they are better than most I've heard.

If you want true audio performance you will get high end after market anyway... for stock I think it's pretty damn good.
well, i personally thought, "im sure these people are overstating this stereo". "it cant be THAT bad"

on my test drive i specifically asked for a car with the upgraded system. the salesma, was like, "ooooo, nice choice, its great!"

i got in, took a cd with me, and turned it on. it is def not very good. its all muffled sounding. my 1996 BOSE in my maxima is way better imo. i still get compliments on my stock stereo in my Max. people ask, if i added anything aftermarket. i do not think i will have to worry about that question in the G.

the TL Els system, the Mark Levinson, the HK Logic 7 are all crisper, bolder, and better sound systems imo. if the G had any of those, this car would have few flaws for me persoanlly.

music is such a big part of my life, it is playing a factor in my car purchase. and no, i dont want to "aftermarket" my stereo

Old 10-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah..but...

Compared to others cars in it's class, I don’t think there's a better choice. If you want performance get the G. There is a lot of talk about the new Lexus IS 350 - but I prefer the G.

If you are more concerned about interior styling and fit/finish, you might want to consider the Acura TL.

All things considered the G is the way to go. Although, if you are thinking of a coupe you might want to drive the Z too... it's a blast!

I just spoke to a guy at the Lexus dealer near my job, and here's a straight scoop:

A) They don't have the new IS's not for a few weeks - 1 month
B) The 250 starts at just above a nicely equipped G sedan
C) The 350 will start just over 40's ( I guess they want to "distance" themselves from the Avalon )
D) Don't think you're going to get a terribly roomy car in the IS. The salesguy even said, and I quote "Think smaller"

So don't get your hopes up.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=dampfnudel]Both. There's no substantial difference between the two. There's a reason the Bose system has a nickname - "Blose". The display could be better as well (reminds me of a portable arcade game I owned during the 80s). The only good thing is the MP3 compatibility. I still like the G35 and can't wait for the next-gen.

I completely disagree there. I understand the Bose is not as good as some other premium stereos. But we had an 05 loaner last month with the stock stereo and there was a significant difference. The music just wasn't as "full". It was almost like comparing "mono" to "stereo".

Is it worth the extra money? That's up to the individual buyer. For me, after hearing the same CDs in my G compared to the stock, I'd say yes. Besides, I wouldn't even consider giving up the I-key.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:45 PM

I agree. I'm not an audiophile, but the stock stereo sounds fine to me. I do fine the display cheesy looking, and wished it had at least RDS and ID3 tag/CD text.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by mk3gtr
I agree. I'm not an audiophile, but the stock stereo sounds fine to me. I do fine the display cheesy looking, and wished it had at least RDS and ID3 tag/CD text.
To be honest, the stereo system on the Accord LX we rented recently sounded slightly better. The Bose system does sound better than stock, but it still falls short. It's good to hear that Infiniti gave the M a superior sound setup. This probably means we'll get something better on the next-gen G35. Like mk3gtr said, the display looks cheesy/cheap. We'll probably get the 06 TL, but that doesn't mean we won't take a close look at the next-gen G35 in about two years (second model-year).

Old 10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To be honest, the stereo system on the Accord LX we rented recently sounded slightly better. The Bose system does sound better than stock, but it still falls short. It's good to hear that Infiniti gave the M a superior sound setup. This probably means we'll get something better on the next-gen G35. Like mk3gtr said, the display looks cheesy/cheap. We'll probably get the 06 TL, but that doesn't mean we won't take a close look at the next-gen G35 in about two years (second model-year).
If the radio was the main thing making or breaking the deal with most G35 owners, you wouldn't see to many of them.

The radio is not that bad, I mean I had my music up at 20 and its fine. How often is your music "bumping". I am 21 and rarely "bump" my music, its a fine audio system for everyday driving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Purchasing a G35 Sedan soon...