Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Few questions from potentially new infiniti owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few questions from potentially new infiniti owner

These may be dumb questions but I don't know much about the brand so forgive me. I owned VW's for 7 years and am planning on jumping in a G35 coupe when my lease is up in August.

How is Infiniti with warranty work? (I know VW is and has been very **** if you had any aftermarket part on the car. I found some dealers that were OK as long as the part wasnt effecting the problem.)

Have there been/ are there any significant issues with the coupes?

My wife is looking at an FX35 AWD. Anyone have input on that car?

TIA and hopefully I will be spending more time here in a few months.

Pic of my current GTI,

Last edited by royale5; 01-19-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:51 PM
G35coupe already so powerful, u don't really need upgrades like u do for VW.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by royale5
These may be dumb questions but I don't know much about the brand so forgive me. I owned VW's for 7 years and am planning on jumping in a G35 coupe when my lease is up in August.

How is Infiniti with warranty work? (I know VW is and has been very **** if you had any aftermarket part on the car. I found some dealers that were OK as long as the part wasnt effecting the problem.)

Pic of my current GTI,
I havnt had to bring my 06 coupe in yet for anything, but i did ask the dealer if mods were aloud and still have a warrenty. The told me exhaust, intake, etc is fine just no forms of forced induction. I guess its hit or miss with dealers. When i had my evo and sti, mitsu wouldnt cover anything and subaru was ok with warrenty but you kinda had to fight for it. So i guess it really comes down to how the service writer feels.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:21 PM
OK, it will be just like ytour VW......Different dealers are cool others, well you know. Major problems...NONE, you may get little things like axle clicking thats fixed under warranty, but that should be the most major thing. Good Luck with your purchase/lease, you will love the attention.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Major issues are mostly with the manual transmission cars. The manual trannies and the clutches are weak and prone to failure/defects. I'm not aware of any major issues with the automatic though.

My car has had its manual tranny replaced once, as well as the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and flywheel under warranty.

Mine is an '03 though - not sure if they've fixed the problems with the new models.

Also, interior rattles are very common with these cars. I've also heard of axle clicking problems, but I never had that with my car.

Fortunately, the warranty is very good, and for the most part, the Infiniti dealers take care of you, treat you well, and eventually fix the problems (although not always on the first try). As with most car dealers, some are better than others, and not all of them can be trusted. Yes, there are shady Infiniti dealers out there.

As for how well they receive mods, I have no idea as my car is bone stock.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pic of my current GTI,
Some dealers are cool about modding just check out the regional forums to get some dealer reviews.

issues witht he coupes? head unit tends to reset on odd number (reset as in your BASS, Fade, Balance, etc.. settings - iono if its fixed for the 06), Rear axels likes to click (easy fix, very common TSB - again iono if its fixed for 06), rough idle (according to infiniti there is a TSB but never had a chance to get that fixed), ashtray gets stuck if u put coins in it, sun roof creaks (suggest lubbing it up with umm something.. check out detail forums), window leaves a greese spot when u roll it down (some dealer will take it out on tint)..

Old 01-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Z06ified
Major issues are mostly with the manual transmission cars. The manual trannies and the clutches are weak and prone to failure/defects. I'm not aware of any major issues with the automatic though.

My car has had its manual tranny replaced once, as well as the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and flywheel under warranty.
Fixed '05's and up.....there are a few that creep up now and again though.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on getting the MT so im glad to hear they fixed the problems with that. How bad is the interior rattles? That is one thing that drives me nuts when interior pieces are loose and making noise.

Is everyone happy overall with their cars? Would you buy an Infiniti again?

Old 01-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Would you buy an Infiniti again?
for sure

Old 01-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on getting the MT so im glad to hear they fixed the problems with that. How bad is the interior rattles? That is one thing that drives me nuts when interior pieces are loose and making noise.

Is everyone happy overall with their cars? Would you buy an Infiniti again?
I'm happy with mine. But still only 21,000 miles, so it is too early to tell.

If I'm still happy with it in 4-5 years, and am willing to spend this kind of money on a car again, then yes. It depends on if I'm still willing to spend extra money just to get a nicer car, or want to save money and just buy a car that gets me to where I'm going in a non-descript manner.