Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Is destination charge taxable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is destination charge taxable?

On the Infinity web site "Destination & Handling" charge is $650.00 for the 6mt coupe. Is this $650 taxable? Or is it actually part of the purchase price legaly. If it is not, then I will make sure to check the numbers of the purchase agreement before signing. But I will be checking it out thourghly for any abnormal or inflated price. I will be going in with a calculator to check it all out. Have you seen other charges on your purchase agreement that I should be aware of that might throw a red flag?
BTW, I'll be paying cash so that should make it easier to calculate.
Thanks

Old 02-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R1jamn
On the Infinity web site "Destination & Handling" charge is $650.00 for the 6mt coupe. Is this $650 taxable? Or is it actually part of the purchase price legaly. If it is not, then I will make sure to check the numbers of the purchase agreement before signing. But I will be checking it out thourghly for any abnormal or inflated price. I will be going in with a calculator to check it all out. Have you seen other charges on your purchase agreement that I should be aware of that might throw a red flag?
BTW, I'll be paying cash so that should make it easier to calculate.
Thanks
My understanding is that the fees you're thinking of (including the destination fees) are all part of the car's price. While they may be broken out on the bill of sale, they still are part of the total price of the car.

Sorry, but unless this varies from state to state (which I doubt), you're still going to pay tax on this.

Oh, and its Infiniti.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.