Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

SoCal '06 G35c 6MT OTD Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a fair warning on Team Nissan/Infiniti. They have a bad wrap from various people that I know who have purchased there. They supposedly look to offer great prices, but try to change peoples contracts after you sign it and go home. They are shaddy without a question there. Also one of the worst places for service or having warranty coverage resolved.

T.O or Santa Monica would be the safer place to buy from.

Last edited by Hitman_; 03-19-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:27 AM
whynot,
haven't purchased one yet..due to the fact that i'm outta the country! but as soon as i get back in may it's pretty much a done deal.

one of the guys from south bay told me he had a contact who could hook me up w/ some volk sf winnings and have them mounted and added in to the price..i'll call him tomorrow and get more info.

Originally Posted by whynot
jbarnes, did you purchase one yet? we have also checked out T.Oaks and Costa Mesa.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Thank you, I will keep all of this info in mind.

Thanks
Lisao

Old 03-19-2006, 06:52 PM
jbarnes, are you dealing with Costa Mesa or South Bay Infiniti? Thinking of trying one or both of them.

Thanks

Old 03-19-2006, 07:02 PM
i'm dealing with South Bay and Thousand Oaks...although it's only been over the phone, both have been very professional.

i was quite surpised at the quotes, given the fact i told them what i was looking for and i never even mentioned a specific price range! i may haggle once i get home as i'm sure the prices may drop given the time of year..but i dunno.

the guy at Costa Mesa seemed like he could care less if he received my business or not...maybe he's just real busy but who knows?!?

Last edited by jbarnes24; 03-19-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:35 PM
just picked mine up at Hoen Infinitit here in carlsbad. 40k out the door 06 MT with everything except xm radio.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hitman:
What do you mean change the contract? I have been thinking about just paying cash for the car, if theres any chance they might change any contracts would that be just if I was financing? I have only been dealing with the online salesman and my deposit is refundable when the car comes in at the end of May if I back out. I just couldn't get the Lakeshore with Stone and MT unless I ordered it. I can have is serviced in Santa Barbara if I need to, they are about 40 miles closer to me. I just live in Pismo and we don't have any dealers here. I did some calling around and internet searches and Oxnard had the best price. I refuse to be screwed around by a dealer and I think I made that pretty clear the first time I spoke to the salesman. But thanks for your warning, I will keep an eye out.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Man, the average buyer is SO screwed walking in to a dealer.

My dealer was so nice when I walked in and didn't seem shady at all. I walked in with my laptop in hand with custom spreadsheets that fully disassembled the lease calculation process that I personally wrote. I went in there making sure they were not going to screw me. And even with all of that, they tried to pull some shady number manipulation to gain another $500 or so of profit on multiple occasions, and it took quite a bit of work on my part to actually figure out WHERE they were hiding this and why our numbers weren't matching. But I eventually caught it and the sales manager crunching the numbers in the back just said "oops that was totally an accident."

It's actually semi-interesting. They manipulated the lease calculation by using a LOWER MSRP than the car I was actually negotiating (by about $800). This resulted in a smaller residual value at the end of the lease term, and therefore a larger delta between the negotiated selling price and the residual value (by about $500) which then got factored in to higher monthly payments. Bastards. But you should have seen the smile on my face when I got them to admit it. They were so embarassed that I caught them at that point that they finally gave me the deal I wanted.

The best advice is to be prepared (have a laptop with you so you can calculate your own lease prices, they should match exactly), and have other options. Be ready and 100% willing to walk out at any point during the negotiations. The dealer can smell this. Tell them you got an offer of $X from another dealership, and if they'll beat it at all, you'll buy it from them right there. If they offer you something higher than that, and you entertain it for even a second, they know you're BSing and will walk all over you. If you don't, you'll eventually get at least a matching offer of $X. There's nothing like spending 30 minutes in a negotiation with a dealer and calling their bluff and walking right out, it's great. I actually enjoy the process, it's like a game.

Last edited by MechEE; 03-23-2006 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 PM
if you financed through them, or team nissan, they have tried to back out of the "great deal" and send you another contract. They tried it with my brother last year.

I bought mine in T.O. had VPP pricing so I did not have to deal with any dealer BS, and had $250 over invoice with the options I wanted, color in Lakeshore/Stone, 6mt, premium, navigation, sirius, aero.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Real_G
I just dont see spending over 30K on a car for a base model?

I used to think like this, but now that I am trading for an '06 coupe soon..I am planning to get a base sports package model. Sports package is the only package worth getting because of the upgraded wheels, suspension, LSD, and bumpers...plus if you get a manual sports package is mandatory. The other options are nonsense.

Why?

Premium Package (About $2,000 option);

1) Automatic Headlights are nice, but I can turn them on myself.
2) Upgraded bose sound= Not worth it, especially since I plan to go aftermarket sound system..and aftermarket navigation.
3) Heated Seats are great, but in Socal you won't get a tremendous use out of them.
4) Blue Tooth = A nice option, rather put the money saved towards aftermarket sound system, wheels, etc...
5) Sunroof= Another nice option, but again rather put the money towards mods.

EDIT; The G35 isn't a friggin Bimmer...it comes standard with leather and Xenons.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hitman;
Would it be possible to get the name of the salesman your brother dealt with? I will flat out ask him about it if it's the same one I placed my order with. If I do decide to finance at least I have a heads up, thank you for that. How do you like the Lakeshore? I felt like I was at a buffet picking colors and options. I changed my mind three times before I decided, luckily its a womans perogative! I think I've scared the salesman with all my questions and requests. He knows I've done my homework, I made him walk the lot for about an hour with my questions. When I asked what brand tires came on the car he looked at me funny. "Knowledge is Power".
Lisa

Old 03-24-2006, 10:15 AM
hitman, what do you mean by VPP pricing? are you referring to internet pricing?

thanks
Lisa

Old 03-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by whynot
hitman, what do you mean by VPP pricing? are you referring to internet pricing?

thanks
Lisa
I believe VPP is for employees or family of employees.