Canada Serving Canada.

Vancouver Island Information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006 | 11:06 AM
|
Traveling Administrator
Vancouver Island Information

So lately, my wife and I have been discussing the idea of moving. We are playing around with the idea of a change and just pondering the thought of moving. I love the east coast, (especially the people) but like the thought of experiencing another part of Canada.

I am not interested in moving to a big city at all so that is out of the question. One place that does interest me is Vancouver Island. Its beautiful there and a much warmer climate (golf all year around almost ).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what part of Vancouver Island would be an all around good place to live?

Old 05-26-2006 | 12:03 PM
Nanoose Bay area near Nanaimo - lots of new home development. Nice golf courses. Nanaimo is a major blue collar centre.
Mill Bay & Brentwood Bay areas -- more expensive homes
Comox area - further north. Was an active Air force base but now turned into more of a retirement town. It is still expanding with new malls & other amenities.
Duncan & Lake Cowichan -- more rural but good amenities.
Victoria - also known as the city of the newlyweds and nearly deads - not a large middle age population. Great tourist city. UVIC is a widely recognized university in the city. Many expensive areas but towards Sidney there are more reasonably priced homes. Definitely a white collar town with lots of hi-tech industry fueled by government money.

I could go on and on as I know the area quite well through business travel and friends in those areas.

PM me if you'd like to talk more.

btw... with the low recorded snowfalls last year most people were able to golf all year in these areas and Vancouver area -- if you don't mind the rain

Last edited by BbyG35; 05-26-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2006 | 01:51 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Great information, much appreciated. I will be sending you a PM as I would definitely like to discuss further.

Old 05-26-2006 | 08:07 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Lovely area Shane. Sorry to hear you are even contemplating leaving our wonderful region but you're at the right age to do it and that would be great choice... expensive... but a highly desirable home base.

Old 05-27-2006 | 04:12 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Lovely area Shane. Sorry to hear you are even contemplating leaving our wonderful region but you're at the right age to do it and that would be great choice... expensive... but a highly desirable home base.
Yeah, I guess now is as good of time as any. I am not sure if anything will come out of it, but my wife and I are definitely going to investigate further. We'll see how things turn out. I'd keep my house here in NB (rent it out) just in case I felt the need to return. I definitely would not leave here without landing a position first.....and my business is global so I can do it from there just as easy.