my new roomer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 04:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Enzo is oh so cute Eeyore.

My wife still says it was a good idea to baby sit my friends dog Maple. Maple left yesterday afternoon to go home. I'm not so sure about that. When I came to bed my wife had been crying for half an hour about missing our boy Rebel.
.... That's a tough one, Deane.....My heart goes out to you and Heather for your loss of Reb. You feel like you're going thru hell because you were so close, but I promise that it will get better as time goes by.

Having Maple must have reminded you of when Reb was so young and full of life. I'll bet you all had a great time, even tho she left some 'surprises' here and there in the house.

Show Heather this pic of Dayne and Sid and tell her they send hugs.

C.

Attached Thumbnails my new roomer-mini-0001.jpg  
Old 05-28-2006, 04:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by GeeMan
It's tough RBull but hang in there. Our chocolate lab was hit by a car last summer right after July 4 and it was not a good time. She was just a pup but had a profound effect on our family. I thought I'd never get another dog but finally took the plunge a few months ago. It has really helped me remember the good times with the old dog and forget the bad. Millie, the English Setter, has made it through the "I'm gonna kill you for doing that stage" and is well on her way into all our hearts. She is most entertaining and has a personality all her own. Here's Millie:
Congrats, Geeman....Millie looks like another sweetheart.....Yes there are 'tough' times and thankfully we have mucho patience to get thru.
When I lost my first Cocker: Prince, I said "no more, nothing could replace him....." , but I gave in a few months after his departure and got 2 more this time, and so glad I did.
Dayne and Sid brought so much fun and love to my life, just the way Prince did in his day.

Have fun with her. She has a great temperament, and looks very happy .

C.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
.... That's a tough one, Deane.....My heart goes out to you and Heather for your loss of Reb. You feel like you're going thru hell because you were so close, but I promise that it will get better as time goes by.

Having Maple must have reminded you of when Reb was so young and full of life. I'll bet you all had a great time, even tho she left some 'surprises' here and there in the house.

Show Heather this pic of Dayne and Sid and tell her they send hugs.

C.
Thanks again Colin. You've been through it so you know. I find it is getting easier for sure but Maple did return many memories to us.

Heather got a giggle and a oh so cute look at the your boys.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks for the words GeeMan. Millie looks like a cute fun friend.

That must have been difficult seeing an injury like that to your chocolate.

We're not sure about another dog yet but who knows.
We said the same thing when we our both our Schipperke (Casey) and our Colie mix (Shadow) past away within one year....
1st - Shadow supervising the yard work
2nd - Shadow speculating on a treat
3rd - Casey on one of her few time outs.
4th - Casey ... the ugly baby contest.
5th - 2 buddies discussing who gets the 1st stocking

Attached Thumbnails my new roomer-shadow.jpg   my new roomer-shadow2.jpg   my new roomer-casey.jpg   my new roomer-casey2.jpg   my new roomer-cas-shad.jpg  

Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
We lasted about one month before Kylie came along

Attached Thumbnails my new roomer-siblings.jpg   my new roomer-kylie.jpg   my new roomer-kylie2.jpg  
Old 05-29-2006, 02:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
haha, Ian,
What would any job be without our 'kids' watching over us and pitching in ?
Casey and Shadow looked happy and loved, and quite at home 'supervising' Mommy and Daddy.

I think I can see Shadow smiling and saying "nice knees, Daddy."

C.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
That Golden Retriever is beautiful Deane. I love my Golden, she is an absolute ray of sunshine day after day for my wife and I! Golden's have such a wonderful temperment, they just love EVERYONE!!

I am soooooo sorry to hear about Rebel!!!! I know exactly how hard it is to lose a pet. I lost my Beagle, Max after 17 years of being together. My eyes weren't dry for quite awhile after I put him down. He was my buddy. As much as I love my Golden, Vegas I still miss my little Beagle, Max. Hang in there and tell your wife that I am sorry.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Cool dog!

Have you noticed that every time they show puppies on TV that they are now white labs? And when they show grown dogs it's always Golden Retrievers.

I have noticed that as well. Pretty much all commericials with grown dogs are all Golden Retrievers. They are a beautiful dog, very smart and easily trainable and just love people.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by EEYORE
I love golden retrievers!!!! They are great dogs too. Unfortunately I am not feeling the love for my dog.

I got pics and profile of Enzo for everyone to look at:

Enzo's Profile
Enzo is so darn cute EEYORE!! I had a Beagle for 17 years and was such a great family pet. They can be a little on the stubborn side, but that's there nature......they just go with the nose down.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Rated M

Ian those were fantastic pictures of your old friends. I hope Kylie has helped fill the void.

We have lots of Rebel that I have to locate through dozens of photo albums and then scan them. I'm not so sure about the replacement of our guy. We don't want to be tied down quite as much.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by canuck
That Golden Retriever is beautiful Deane. I love my Golden, she is an absolute ray of sunshine day after day for my wife and I! Golden's have such a wonderful temperment, they just love EVERYONE!!

I am soooooo sorry to hear about Rebel!!!! I know exactly how hard it is to lose a pet. I lost my Beagle, Max after 17 years of being together. My eyes weren't dry for quite awhile after I put him down. He was my buddy. As much as I love my Golden, Vegas I still miss my little Beagle, Max. Hang in there and tell your wife that I am sorry.

Shane I appreciate your thoughts and kind words. Those who have gone through this can understand. We will miss REB after so many years.

Yes my friends Golden is precious. They actually got a 7 year female at the same time too but things were not harmonious between the two dogs so had to give her back.

We too had a beagle and spaniel mix for about 16 years (Princess)- the last 10 or so living just with my parents. Loved to hunt birds, squirrels, anything.

I don't know about the most commercials with goldens; there are a lot with yellow labs too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.