Canada Serving Canada.

Sick of Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Sick of Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I've got to vent! It has been pissing rain for 8 days straight now here in NB. The golf courses are closed due to excessive rain, there has been lots of flooding, and it is supposed to rain for the next couple of days as well. I almost forget what the sun looks like!

I know that b!tching and whining won't change the weather, but I actually feel better now!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Ok, I've got to vent! It has been pissing rain for 8 days straight now here in NB. The golf courses are closed due to excessive rain, there has been lots of flooding, and it is supposed to rain for the next couple of days as well. I almost forget what the sun looks like!

I know that b!tching and whining won't change the weather, but I actually feel better now!
So that's who's getting all our rain.........Too dang dry here, Shane.....send it our way....

Hope it dries up soon for you soon, bro.

C.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Msedanman
So that's who's getting all our rain.........Too dang dry here, Shane.....send it our way....

Hope it dries up soon for you soon, bro.

C.
I'd LOVE to send this crap up your way Colin! One the bright side, I don't think we'll have to worry about forest fires for awhile.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with you Shane, this crap is killin' me.

Here in the lovely Annapolis Valley, we've had rain since Thursday or Friday of last week, with forecast rain till mid next week. Aaaaarrggg. I'm at the point where I've decided I'm going to stand in the rain and wash the car this aft. No worries of water spots (really desperately searching for a positive here ). Can't go fishin- rivers are too high and murky, can't go cycling or MTBin'- I'm just not that committed, forget boating/kayaking, unless you're a duck, and with the poor road quality here- grooves deep enough for swimming- taking the G out for a spin would be just that.

We saw an hour of non-rain yesterday, during which I cut my field (used to be a lawn, but when the grass is a foot tall, I think the proper terminology then is field). Not enough DEET in the world to stop from getting eaten alive while mowing, or rather bludgening/beating the wet grass into submission.
Other plusses- forest fire hazard index is low? UV index low? Roads are getting a good cleaning? Tire consumption on the G is way down for the month of Jun (this is actually measurable with RE050s- I think reduction in tread depth is just a wee smidgen faster than the rate at which the oil drops on the dipstick. Y'know, change the oil; new set of $2400 tires- admittedly, a tad tended towards exaggeration. The tire change is actually part of the 12K km check.)
Please someone make this sogginess end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Derek

p.s. I know this stuff has not stopped crazy Deane from pounding the streets; way too committed

Old 06-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by derek
I'm with you Shane, this crap is killin' me.

Here in the lovely Annapolis Valley, we've had rain since Thursday or Friday of last week, with forecast rain till mid next week. Aaaaarrggg. I'm at the point where I've decided I'm going to stand in the rain and wash the car this aft. No worries of water spots (really desperately searching for a positive here ). Can't go fishin- rivers are too high and murky, can't go cycling or MTBin'- I'm just not that committed, forget boating/kayaking, unless you're a duck, and with the poor road quality here- grooves deep enough for swimming- taking the G out for a spin would be just that.

We saw an hour of non-rain yesterday, during which I cut my field (used to be a lawn, but when the grass is a foot tall, I think the proper terminology then is field). Not enough DEET in the world to stop from getting eaten alive while mowing, or rather bludgening/beating the wet grass into submission.
Other plusses- forest fire hazard index is low? UV index low? Roads are getting a good cleaning? Tire consumption on the G is way down for the month of Jun (this is actually measurable with RE050s- I think reduction in tread depth is just a wee smidgen faster than the rate at which the oil drops on the dipstick. Y'know, change the oil; new set of $2400 tires- admittedly, a tad tended towards exaggeration. The tire change is actually part of the 12K km check.)
Please someone make this sogginess end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Derek

p.s. I know this stuff has not stopped crazy Deane from pounding the streets; way too committed

LOL, well I glad to hear that at least I am not alone Derek! I am such an outdoors person, but when it's rained cats and dogs now for over a week it starts to get to you! We set record rainfalls last weekend, and it hasn't stopped since. Hopefully I will get out golfing again sometime before the end of the month.

I haven't driven the G in over a week since I never take it out in the rain since I've gotten my truck. I miss driving it!

Oh well, sun has to come out sooner or later, right?

Cheers,

Shane

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 06-10-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Doh. I just talked to my in-laws (they spend their summers in VT) and they said the same thing; non-stop rain for the last 9 days. Definitely a bummer in may respects. I hate to think of what the mosquitos will be like later this year!

Hears hoping it clears up for you fellas soon.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Suuuunnnnn- it was in my backyard for a second 5 minutes ago- came to check the boards, and...duhohhh, it's gone again.

[whimper, snivel...sniffle]

Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Grass has gone from saturated to soggy, so I think I'll go finish the part of the field I missed yesterday.

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey guys, just remember that last June we had the last 3 weeks with straight rain so we're out to beat that with more sunshine in '06.

Yeah I've got a bit of of a field now too. I did manage to get it cut last Tuesday before it that started that night but all the rain and lawn service I have make it grow too much too fast.

Yes Derek I've been out running in the rain but not too far with the hamstring injury that has plagued me the past 3 months. I'm working hard to try and recover for this fall.

Rain didn't stop my first day at the AMP track BMW Driving School today. It was incredible fun and valuable learning. The G is awesome and holding it's own!! Full report after tomorrows session.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Suuuunnnnn- it was in my backyard for a second 5 minutes ago- came to check the boards, and...duhohhh, it's gone again.

[whimper, snivel...sniffle]

Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Grass has gone from saturated to soggy, so I think I'll go finish the part of the field I missed yesterday.
LOL...Derek
You get me every time with the old Kingston local...

Attached Thumbnails Sick of Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 06-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey guys, just remember that last June we had the last 3 weeks with straight rain so we're out to beat that with more sunshine in '06.

Yeah I've got a bit of of a field now too. I did manage to get it cut last Tuesday before it that started that night but all the rain and lawn service I have make it grow too much too fast.

Yes Derek I've been out running in the rain but not too far with the hamstring injury that has plagued me the past 3 months. I'm working hard to try and recover for this fall.

Rain didn't stop my first day at the AMP track BMW Driving School today. It was incredible fun and valuable learning. The G is awesome and holding it's own!! Full report after tomorrows session.
Forgot all about that Deane- give us the whole low down when you're able. Any tires/rotors/pads left?

Cheers,
D

Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
LOL...Derek
You get me every time with the old Kingston local...
Shoot, I keep forgetting to change that.

Okay, doin' it now.

Cheers,
D

Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Shoot, I keep forgetting to change that.

Okay, doin' it now.

Cheers,
D
LOL I guess your new location pretty well says it all. Good one .
Fingers crossed for an end to your excess rain out there.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Rated M

Well the streak continues.... weatherman says we've had some precipitation every day of June so far. Forecast is clear for Sunday right now.

More than the total average amount for the month too!

Old 06-13-2006, 05:56 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
Come visit us in LA sometime, you're G will love it!

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/US...?force_units=1

Last edited by speedraver; 06-13-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by speedraver
Come visit us in LA sometime, you're G will love it!

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/US...?force_units=1

Thanks for the invite and the link. Your link was even celsius too.

I'm sure we'd love the weather but not so sure on the traffic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sick of Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!