Canada Serving Canada.

How Long Has It Been?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Long Has It Been?

Hey everyone,

Wow, I can't remember the last time I spent a few moments checking this forum. I know my dues have not been paid as I AM a "moderator" on this forum. Sorry to those and many thanks who picked up the slack. I said to myself that I would never leave this forum as it does mean a lot to me and that I have met so many wonderful people on this board who helped me with my G35 and I to theirs. I remember being Member #74 when this forum first started.

Since my lease time has almost come to an end, I thought I'd return to say "hi" and see how everyone is doing. Hope everyone is well. I'm sure there are still some old G35 members I still know, but probably a lot more new ones in the GTA as well I have not yet met. I still have my G and will be keeping it until July-August, but the car is going back to stock little by little. I've taken off the Eibach Pro-Kit's and am now riding on my stock (SUV style) springs. Hehe! Next, the sway bars, resonator, 6000k HIDs, grounding wires and Injen come off. Oh man, I still have to take off the pedals and my auto shift **** and bag...doh!

It's been a real blast to own this car for the four years and its almost time to move on to another ride. I will definitely miss the car, the power, but I will not miss the fuel consumption...haha! If you are curious to know, I have been thinking about the new Mazda MX-5. I know what you are thinking, "girls car, too small, nothing compared to the G35, etc...," but at my age I feel I need to take advantage of my non-married status and have a car that I can toss around, have some fun for another few years and give it back when the lease is up. New for 2007 is a POWER RETRACTABLE HARD TOP and two pictures were just release yesterday. Everything about this car makes sense to me and I feel its the best bang for the buck for my wants and needs. I can put the money I saved into making that car better rather than getting the S2000 I originally wanted. Tell me what you think. I'm hoping to get this.

Click on link if you want more info and the enlarged pictures
http://miata.net/news/rht.html

ps. I will not be leaving this forum as my girlfriend has her G35 coupe and will try to keep up with the boards as much as I can. I'll try and make it to the meets as well so hope to see you all soon. There are way too many great people to leave this group! You guys are all awesome people and am very glad I met you all.

-wes

Last edited by Rumble; 06-20-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Cheers Wes...
The Miata should be a fun ride.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Good to hear from you Wes . That Miata looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'm sure you will be behind the wheel of Juicy G's coupe once in a while also .
Wayne

Old 06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Zoom zoom zoom!

Old 06-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dibs on the sways!!!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:22 AM
I'll take the pedals assuming they're 6MT...

Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
How Long Has It Been?
.......lol, Wes, too long my man.....

You been in to see Jerry at Erin Mills Mazda yet?

Hope to see you soon, bro.

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 06-21-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 06-21-2006, 11:29 AM
inTgr8r > Thanks man! I'm thinking the same thing!

GEE35X > Wayne, I can't believe you still remember my girl's username. Haha! Yes, I do get to drive her coupe once in a while, but since its really her fathers car she is thinking of getting a Mini S for herself. Can't wait to try that one!

Balzz > Yes, indeed! Haha!

35bills > Bill, thanks for the PM. Sorry, but the sway bars, HID bulbs, resonator, and grounding wires are going to my girlfriends father's coupe. He's helping me put the car back to stock and to repay him, I'm giving that stuff to him. Earning some brownie points doesn't hurt either.

Mikester > Pedals are non-oem and for automatic bro, sorry!

Msedanman > Colin, yes it has! Can't wait to see you and the M45 again. Remember back in the day when we met in Oakville for those clear corners? How time flies. I have not seen Jerry and Erin Mills, no. I actually never met him in person so he wouldn't know who I am. Is he still working parts and service dept? I may give him a shout when I actually get the car and need parts.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm part of zoom zoom crew now too.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
What do u have?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Rumble
What do u have?
Well, still have the G but this is my toy now.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:17 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
inTgr8r > Thanks man! I'm thinking the same thing!

GEE35X > Wayne, I can't believe you still remember my girl's username. Haha! Yes, I do get to drive her coupe once in a while, but since its really her fathers car she is thinking of getting a Mini S for herself. Can't wait to try that one!

Balzz > Yes, indeed! Haha!

35bills > Bill, thanks for the PM. Sorry, but the sway bars, HID bulbs, resonator, and grounding wires are going to my girlfriends father's coupe. He's helping me put the car back to stock and to repay him, I'm giving that stuff to him. Earning some brownie points doesn't hurt either.

Mikester > Pedals are non-oem and for automatic bro, sorry!

Msedanman > Colin, yes it has! Can't wait to see you and the M45 again. Remember back in the day when we met in Oakville for those clear corners? How time flies. I have not seen Jerry and Erin Mills, no. I actually never met him in person so he wouldn't know who I am. Is he still working parts and service dept? I may give him a shout when I actually get the car and need parts.
LOL, yes I remember.....and have many more memories too......

Jerry (Liu) is still in Parts and Service but now in Erin Mills Mazda...I'm sure he'd be glad to hook you up.
His handle here is ZOOM ZOOM.....just tell him you're one of the 'G-group' .

Hope to hook up soon and show you my new 'M-toy'...., and I'd love to see the new Miata when you get her.

Stay in touch!....

Colin.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Balzz > That is a sweet looking FC. I guess you are into the whole drifting thing huh? Is it turbo?

Colin > Thanks for the heads up on Jerry. I'll be sure to check out that dealership when I'm in the area. The Dixie and 401 dealership is closer to my girlfriends house, but I make the trip to Erin Mills automall once in a while. Maybe he can get me some discounts on some Mazdaspeed products as they sell them from the dealers now. Can't wait to see your M45 again. That thing is super sweet. How does your brother like your old coupe now?

Old 06-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Rumble,

Can I take the pedals off your hands? I have an auto...
Btw, we should have a little meet before you return your G!

MEETTT

Old 06-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Balzz > That is a sweet looking FC. I guess you are into the whole drifting thing huh? Is it turbo?
Them's fighting words.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Long Has It Been?