Canada Serving Canada.

Infiniti Maintenance Schedule?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Maintenance Schedule?

Just got my 2004 Sedan (6mt BS/Graphite). Love the car!

I found the Infiniti Maintenance Schedule only provides service intervals (basically every 6,000km or every 3 months, whichever comes first), but no information at all on recommended service items. I found this a little unusual, since all the other cars I have had provided recommended service items as well as intervals.

Is there some place where I can find the recommended service items in say a three year cycle of regular maintenance. Many things are pretty standard (e.g. regular oil changes, flush coolant every couple of years, etc...), but knowing what's typically done at each interval would be helpful.

A couple of miscellaneous questions:
(1) I will service primarily at the dealer, but for a few of the quarterly oil changes, the various oil change only shops are more convenient and very fast . I assume it shouldn't be a problem to get the occassional quarterly oil and filter change done at a oil change shop (especially if the dealer still services the car every 6 months or so).

(2) Didn't see any reference to a timing belt in the manual. Does the G35 use a timing chain instead (no change, just tightening periodically -- how often)?

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Infiniti Maintenance Schedule?

Just keep a record of your oil changes for warranty purposes.

The VQ engine uses a timing chain, no belt. Sorry, not sure about replacement intervals, but I believe if you deep your car for many years, changing the chain at a certain interval is good practice.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>