Canada Serving Canada.

August 22nd Meet (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just remember that it's not a racetrack but just a scenic area with a pretty steep hill. I would want to try and take that corner at 150kmh because you'd end up in the valley for sure. The guardrail that is around the outside of that corner shows that someone probably already did.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like the big concrete walls a few feet from the track in turn 1.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean this one?

Attached Thumbnails August 22nd Meet (PICS)-ie2j3391_700x467.jpg  
Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Trust me guys, you defintely want to check out this road if you haven't already. I found it on a BMW forum site, and they say its one of the best roads in the Toronto. i can vouch for that

Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by martino17_1998
Trust me guys, you defintely want to check out this road if you haven't already. I found it on a BMW forum site, and they say its one of the best roads in the Toronto. i can vouch for that
I think I missed it somewhere on this thread but what road is this?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by lg777
I think I missed it somewhere on this thread but what road is this?
Here is the description from Zac (martino17_1998)

"Twyn Rivers, which is the road just East of the Meadowvale exit from the 401"
To get there, exit at Meadowvale, and head North. 2 lights up, turn right onto Sheppard Ave. East. After like 0.3km's, Sheppard itself will start to bend right but there is a road that continues straight. Turn on your left indicator and head down there. This is by far the best road I have ever seen in Toronto.

If you go onto maps.google.ca , type in this "50 Twyn Rivers, pickering, ontario" and go to hybrid mode and zoom in you see the road.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by SammyJL
You mean this one?
That be the one. Turn 2 is "blinder" though...but a little bit more run off.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SammyJL
I'll have to go back there and take some pictures for you. Did anyone else get pictures of that drop curve?
Hell no.....
I was too busy hanging on......
There was some serious pucker power happening, suctioning onto my seat

Last edited by InTgr8r; 08-24-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
What I love about being Canadian:

When I came back from holidays, after not having real internet access for 3 weeks ("dial-up", sort of, but slower, at the cottage- I like to think of it as roughing it- no router either, if you can imagine), I just about fell off my chair as I read some really funny, and nice posts on the Canada forum. To some extent, much credit to the boys responding to SweetGirl's first posts, but honest, I had to get up and get a kleenex I was laughing so hard. There's just a different tone on the Canuck forum, eh.

Now, here, in this post, note that several folks forgot/didn't know to/didn't care to scrub the license plates in a whole whackabunch of photos.
Some would perhaps feel somehow invaded by this, I guess, but it speaks to our Canadian nature. It doesn't even don on many of us to scrub the plates. Naive? Perhaps. More likely, more trusting than folks from elsewhere. Our culture doesn't demand that we protect ourselves from harm at every turn, perhaps.

Around the corner from where I live now (as I've seen in many rural places around the country, as well), there is a fruit and vegetable stand with no one attending. Lots of produce, and a re-used ice cream bucket with bills and coins that reads "Please pay here, change inside."

Please pay here, change inside, and leaving 4 Kruzen, a cool plate in anyone's books, for all to see. These are the types of things that make us Canadian.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 AM
The only time I'm **** about not having my plates displayed is when I'm on track...you never know with insurance. Of course it figures that the one time I leave my plates on at the track, the pic of the car on track appears in the Star. D'oh!

Old 08-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Hell no.....
I was to busy hanging on......
There was some serious pucker power happening, suctioning onto my seat
LMAO, Glad to hear I wasn't the only one puckering up. Good thing the seats are leather.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by derek

When I came back from holidays, after not having real internet access for 3 weeks ("dial-up", sort of, but slower, at the cottage- I like to think of it as roughing it- no router either, if you can imagine), I just about fell off my chair as I read some really funny, and nice posts on the Canada forum. To some extent, much credit to the boys responding to SweetGirl's first posts, but honest, I had to get up and get a kleenex I was laughing so hard. There's just a different tone on the Canuck forum, eh.

Now, here, in this post, note that several folks forgot/didn't know to/didn't care to scrub the license plates in a whole whackabunch of photos.
Some would perhaps feel somehow invaded by this, I guess, but it speaks to our Canadian nature. It doesn't even don on many of us to scrub the plates. Naive? Perhaps. More likely, more trusting than folks from elsewhere. Our culture doesn't demand that we protect ourselves from harm at every turn, perhaps.

Around the corner from where I live now (as I've seen in many rural places around the country, as well), there is a fruit and vegetable stand with no one attending. Lots of produce, and a re-used ice cream bucket with bills and coins that reads "Please pay here, change inside."

Please pay here, change inside, and leaving 4 Kruzen, a cool plate in anyone's books, for all to see. These are the types of things that make us Canadian.
Well put and so true.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
LMAO, Glad to hear I wasn't the only one puckering up. Good thing the seats are leather.

ROFL

Old 08-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

A HUGE +1 to that! Well put.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the reminder of what helps to make us Canadian, Derek.
I'm sure we all agree that there is a different tone on our forum that is rare and precious.
It's great to have such a friendly place to visit.

Having said that, Ian is right, tho...it's best not to take any chances with personal info such as licence plate #'s on the internet.. just to be safe...

Colin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: August 22nd Meet (PICS)