Canada Serving Canada.

Just picked up my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colin, nope, 2003 Max .. I know, it was dirty ... but I left it that way so they can't see the scratches when they inspect it! hahaha

I didn't get the carpet mats with the logo. Should I ask??

First thing I notice on the G is how much more refine it is than the Max. It feels more solid and a sense of luxury. Ok, where the heck should I put my CD jewel cases????

Old 09-08-2006, 05:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by indycase
Colin, nope, 2003 Max .. I know, it was dirty ... but I left it that way so they can't see the scratches when they inspect it! hahaha

I didn't get the carpet mats with the logo. Should I ask??

First thing I notice on the G is how much more refine it is than the Max. It feels more solid and a sense of luxury. Ok, where the heck should I put my CD jewel cases????
Gee, I'm getting rusty on my Max's.....my bad. It looked like an older model.

Yes ask at the dealer about the Mats.....It seems they are available and will deliver them if pushed.
Check out this thread in the M Forum: https://g35driver.com/forums/m-spot/114167-floor-mats-07-m35.html

Seems to me the jewel cases fit in the center console, no???

C.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Gee, I'm getting rusty on my Max's.....my bad. It looked like an older model.

Yes ask at the dealer about the Mats.....It seems they are available and will deliver them if pushed.
Check out this thread in the M Forum: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114167

Seems to me the jewel cases fit in the center console, no???

C.
Not on the G unless you lay them flat, but then they block the power outlet inside the console box. Oh well ...

Old 09-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Urgh, they still make the floor mats with the enblem? *I'm so **** when it comes to little things like that*
Nah, not ****.....just particular. I am no different.

Btw, those pics look great. I really love the SS.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Congrats man.!!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks great Stephen.
I love the way SS looks in the sun, it seems to change colors with the pearl in it.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:56 PM
So just want to share with everyone my experience after 100 km of driving and three days of ownership:

Let's get over with the bad (or "could be better") items:
- Service: My gas tank wasn't full when I took delivery of the car (it was a quarter down from full) considering I paid over $1500 plus tax on freight and PDI
- Service: The car had 75 km on the odometer when it was delivered! I think that's too much
- Quality: The little velcro that holds the tag for opening the trunk lid manually on the underside of the trunklid fell apart (the black one, not the glow-in-the-dark one)
- Quality: On the back of the 3 and 9 o'clock spokes of the steering wheel, where the leather meets the plastic, there are a few sharp edges sticking out. It's really annoying (and scartching) my fingers when I'm gripping the steering wheel. Perhaps I can sand it down with something or get the dealer to do it.
- Content: Floor mats don't have the Infiniti logos

The good stuff:
- Performance: The ride and comfort balance is great for my purpose, albeit some body rolls, it's very controlled and sure footed
- Performance: I tried to get the tail to turn around in a parking lot but couldn't even do it with VDC off. Perhaps the ATTESA is keeping it in check. I'm sure it will when I'm going at real traffic speed (or in the snow) if I wanted it to, but the car gives me a sense of confidence that it will try very hard to go where I point it at
- Quality: Far better than what I have imagined despite all the reviews saying how crappy the interior is (maybe that lowered my expectations?)
- Contents: Very nice quality details here and there from the softly padded door handles (and their stitching), to the nicely painted black (rather than body coloured) door frames (the part where you can see it when you're sitting inside), to the little velour type materials that seals the sunroof along with the rubber weather strip and the rubber seals for every body panel gaps (except the the gap between the fender and the front door).

By the way, anyone notice that the rim of the steering wheel right below the 3 and 9 o'clock positions is kind of straight? I think it's kinda cool.

So my experience so far has been really great. I think I got what I paid for so I'm looking forward to breaking it in, which won't be hard since I drive 140 km a day to and from work!

And thank-you guys (and gals) for all the warm welcomes and helpful info on the board. Hope to meet you all at one of the events.

S.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:11 PM
O.F. Administrator
Good review, Stephen, and, as you realize, it's early days yet and things will change as they get broken in and more miles accumulate.

LOL, I've had that issue with the tank not being full on delivery too and whomever I've dealt with has be happy to correct the oversight. Considering what you spent, and the price of fuel these days, you've got every right to mention it at your next visit. I'm sure they'll make you happy.

As far the getting the tail loose in the X.....I'm not sure that can be done very easily due to the smart AWD system you have on her, since power is quickly transferred to the front in that situation.

We hope to see you and the ride soon too....perhaps this Saturday at our Meet and Shine in North York.....

Colin.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
So I've started putting on the miles (or kms in our case) on my G since I started driving to work this week. Man, at 140 km a day, it won't take long for the G to reach the 2,000 km break-in mark.

It's at 500 km right now and I want to ask if it is normal to feel a slight vibration in the brakes when I brake moderately at highway speed? I can also hear it and it feels/sounds like the rotors are slightly warpped? Is that possible on a new car?

Also, the steering doesn't feel as smooth as I'd like on the straight. It's not vibrating that much but I do feel something, like the wheels are not balanced? Or is that just the "road feel".

I don't want to make a big deal and bring it in the dealer if these are supposed to be normal, but I don't think it's normal.

Anyone have experienced these situations?

Last edited by indycase; 09-12-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Stephen, my brakes have been smooth since day one and no problems with steering wheel vibrations even at speeds that I will not publicize ( I was very bad one day ).
I have over 45,000 km on my 05X. I would get it checked out.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Stephen, my brakes have been smooth since day one and no problems with steering wheel vibrations even at speeds that I will not publicize ( I was very bad one day ).
hehehe.. I won't tell

Old 09-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
hehehe.. I won't tell
Thank you good buddy .

Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Thanks, Wayne!

Just want to get it fixed while it's under the adjustment period. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get a loaner car .. an M?

Old 09-12-2006, 01:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
So I've started putting on the miles (or kms in our case) on my G since I started driving to work this week. Man, at 140 km a day, it won't take long for the G to reach the 2,000 km break-in mark.

It's at 500 km right now and I want to ask if it is normal to feel a slight vibration in the brakes when I brake moderately at highway speed? I can also hear it and it feels/sounds like the rotors are slightly warpped? Is that possible on a new car?

Also, the steering doesn't feel as smooth as I'd like on the straight. It's not vibrating that much but I do feel something, like the wheels are not balanced? Or is that just the "road feel".

I don't want to make a big deal and bring it in the dealer if these are supposed to be normal, but I don't think it's normal.

Anyone have experienced these situations?
I agree with Ian and Wayne.....that your brakes are not normal and that you should not feel anything on brake application. The brakes should be rock solid with no vibration at all. If there is a warp in the rotors it should be fixed.
This situation could occur thru overtightening lugnuts or overheating new disks.......

Dealer time and if I were you, I'd ask for new rotors rather than resurface what you have. New rotors will last longer and allow for a resurfacing sometime down the road as normal maintenance...whereas resurfaced rotors likely won't allow another resurfacing.

G/L

C.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Dealer time and if I were you, I'd ask for new rotors rather than resurface what you have. New rotors will last longer and allow for a resurfacing sometime down the road as normal maintenance...whereas resurfaced rotors likely won't allow another resurfacing.

G/L

C.
+1 , good point Colin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my G