Montreal Shooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006 | 05:02 PM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Montreal Shooting

Wow, more shooting......this time in Montreal at Dawson College (downtown).
Some deaths, many injuries,

C.

Old 09-13-2006 | 05:42 PM
i was watching that on the news 2day....i dont know whats going on with our society these days...i mean people are going to school to get an education so that they can the tools to be successful in life, and u got these idiots that want to live like cowboys....if u want to use a gun go to a shooting range or better yet join the army..

Old 09-13-2006 | 10:30 PM
very sad day indeed. last I heard in the news there were 20 injured people, one dead girl and the shooter was shot dead by the police.

Old 09-14-2006 | 07:24 AM
Traveling Administrator
Wow, I just heard this new this morning! Brutal. I heard the exact same as Chico.....20 men/women injured, one woman dead, and the shooter shot by police. It never mentioned on the news anything about the motive behind the shootings.

Our society seems to be getting worse and worse all the time.

Old 09-14-2006 | 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by canuck
Wow, I just heard this new this morning! Brutal. I heard the exact same as Chico.....20 men/women injured, one woman dead, and the shooter shot by police. It never mentioned on the news anything about the motive behind the shootings.

Our society seems to be getting worse and worse all the time.
chumfm was talking about it this morning. apparantly the guy was a loner.. no friends at school (i'm assuming was picked on), had lots of home photos of himself with guns, played violent video games, blah blah blah.

i think the scary truth is... that once a troubled person gets his hands on a weapon like a gun... carnage can escalate very quickly. i know that if the americans on here saw this... a lot of them would be like ... pshhhhh come on man... guns are great, i go hunting with them, they protect me, look good on my mantle, etc... but i just don't see the overall benefits. i say if banning them entirely saves the few from dieing such stupid useless deaths, then it should be done. i mean why can't handguns for safety and protection be replaced with some sort of taser or something??

i think it's all fine and dandy to make up super secure laws and regulations that supposedly protect the innocent from guns falling in the wrong hands... unfortunately we all know that this can never exist without a perfect world. all u need is one nutbag with a nervous break-down to seriously do some unnecessary damage.

my heart goes out to all that were injured and traumatized by this event.... and no words can relieve the sorrow of the one family that lost their daughter yesterday.

Old 09-14-2006 | 08:51 AM
Traveling Administrator
^^^^ Well said.

I, like yourself, do NOT see any benefits to civilians being permitted to own a firearm. What good has ever came out of it? Sure, people are going to argue that it is their "right" to bare a firearm, but seriously.....I just don't see any positive side to it. I never have and I never will.

I like your idea about using tasers instead.

Old 09-14-2006 | 10:06 AM
Traveling Administrator
Old 09-14-2006 | 10:27 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Horrible tradgedy. Guy was 25 years old, into the Goth thing/all kinds of guns and on line sadisitic sites and proclaimed in advance on the web he was going to be remembered for killings.

Old 09-14-2006 | 10:27 AM
We should all be happy that dirty rat is dead! That motherf*kcer ruined a lot of people's lives. At least he's burning in hell where he belongs with the rest of the suicide, stupid a$$ terrorists that think they're going to paradise!!!

Old 09-14-2006 | 11:10 AM
^^^^ Well said.

I, like yourself, do NOT see any benefits to civilians being permitted to own a firearm. What good has ever came out of it? Sure, people are going to argue that it is their "right" to bare a firearm, but seriously.....I just don't see any positive side to it. I never have and I never will.

I like your idea about using tasers instead.
My condolences to the family and friends affected by the tragedy. Very sad and tragic.

However, Remember that it's people who kill people, the gun is simply a tool. That's like saying women should be outlawed because they are equipped to become prostitutes.

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ca$hio
My condolences to the family and friends affected by the tragedy. Very sad and tragic.

However, Remember that it's people who kill people, the gun is simply a tool. That's like saying women should be outlawed because they are equipped to become prostitutes.
your right... a gun is intended for one use only... to kill another human being. in fact, the ease of this 'tool' for killing is insane. so why would u empower someone who is crazy with a weapon like that?? u think that many people would have been injured with this guy carying ... say ... a knife??

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:54 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Can't see the similarity in your analogy. Comparing a person to a gun doesn't make much sense and there are both male and female prostitutes anyhow.

Guns are unnecessary "tools" for the general public in our Canadian society. Unfortunately they are not likely to ever be outlawed and our gun registry is a miserable expensive failure as well. It's too easy to get them into the wrong hands.

Old 09-14-2006 | 01:04 PM
Traveling Administrator
Remember that it's people who kill people, the gun is simply a tool.
But take away the tool and you won't have any useless killings.....that is the point. I agree 200% with Deane in that guns are completely unnecessary to the general public.

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:38 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Thumbs up

But take away the tool and you won't have any useless killings.....that is the point. I agree 200% with Deane in that guns are completely unnecessary to the general public.

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
your right... a gun is intended for one use only... to kill another human being. in fact, the ease of this 'tool' for killing is insane. so why would u empower someone who is crazy with a weapon like that?? u think that many people would have been injured with this guy carying ... say ... a knife??
Box Cutters were very effective for the 9-11 hijackers. All I am saying is the ultimate responsibility falls on the person, if they want to kill they will find a way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Montreal Shooting