Canada Serving Canada.

Used Car buying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used Car buying

Hi All,

I'm looking for an 04 Coupe and was wondering what should I look out for in terms of choosing the "perfect " vehicle.

I know that the 03's had a list of recalls but was all fixed for the 04 models. And IIRC 04 only had one recall. I know the 04 has greater torque and not the rev-up motor that came in the later models, but ah well
Why 04 you ask? Cause I also have to factor in winter tires immediately after purchasing the vehicle

I am mainly focusing on reputable dealers such as Infiniti and Nissan dealerships as buying from them creates a greater peace of mind for me simply because it is by law that they have to disclose any accidents (if any).
Most dealers also have some kinda of inspection, like 150 point inspection etc, and they also safety the vehicle.
Also buying from other non affliated Infiniti dealers may produce flood vehicles from the states etc. Not saying that other dealers actually house flood vehicles but just being safe.

Here is what I am armed with so far:

- Asking for VIN number and checking in carfax.com
- Asking for service records and service history (that is, if the car was serviced at that particular dealer)
- I always like to know the age and gender of previous owners, and surprisingly, they actually give me this info, but then again what proof do i have that they are telling me the truth
- I check the tires for tread life
- I ask about remaining warranty
- I check Everything and tinker with EVERYTHING during the test drive

Anything else you can think of when purchasing a used car would be greatly appreciated.

I am seeing most 04's listed around $31000 - $38000

Very informative forum
Keep up the good works guys....

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Oops this may be posted in the wrong section.

Admin, please move if not appropriate.

I wanted to post in the Canadian section though as I am from Canada.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by G35Info
Oops this may be posted in the wrong section.

Admin, please move if not appropriate.

I wanted to post in the Canadian section though as I am from Canada.
ohhh, no wonder you said 31-38k, i was like ummmmm thats wayyy high in USD

make sure you get under the car, look for rust, dents, etc!

Old 01-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
G35info it sounds like you've got it well covered. Enjoy your new ride when it arrives.

You should let us know what you're looking for since someone may know of one coming up.

Last edited by RBull; 01-02-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:58 PM
tiblot

hahaha, yeah, you guys over there have them coming in at around 29000 (high) USD. We unfortunately are paying way too much here in Canada.
Yeah, rust and dents checking were on my list as well

RBull

Very good suggestion. Well to be honest with you, tibot got it.
Except i am looking for an 04 IP Auto.
Well seeing that I am in the GTA (Toronto area) I would prefer to purchase one nearby but based on the color that I want IP, I may have to broaden my search. Hey, if I found one in Ottawa I would take the drive. There is an Atlens Blue one in the Infiniti in Windsor, but not my first choice. I would have taken the 3 hr drive

I was under the impression that dealers have a list in which they can check to see if a white one was sold back in 04, in this case, and if it is nearing lease maturity etc. Is this true?

I loved the Silverstone or Dark Grey (for US) ones at first, but they are everywhere and it is still a close match to the silver ones which are a dime a dozen. That is why my first choice is White and then black and then i was thinking the Caribbean/Athens Blue. Not sure if Caribbean blue was discontinued for 04's. Thought i read that somewhere.

Thanks for the suggestions and great help

Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No prob.

I don't know if the dealers can do that but it certainly makes sense. The blue in '04 was capri, if not the same as carib very similiar. (could be Canadian equivalent) also in blue is twighlight which is a navy colour. The IP comes with graphite interior in '04-rare. AT Coupe option packages available in '04 were Performance and/or nav.

I see you've been in touch the dealer sales force. That's a great source as they often know of stuff around or that might be coming in.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
No prob.

I don't know if the dealers can do that but it certainly makes sense. The blue in '04 was capri, if not the same as carib very similiar. (could be Canadian equivalent) also in blue is twighlight which is a navy colour. The IP comes with graphite interior in '04-rare. AT Coupe option packages available in '04 were Performance and/or nav.

I see you've been in touch the dealer sales force. That's a great source as they often know of stuff around or that might be coming in.
Yeah, I have been in touch with multiple dealers asking them impatiently. As for the interior of the car, that does not really matter to me as finding a IP exterior is hard enuff on its own.

I am not too fond of the Navy blue one though

I guess black may be next on the list.

I hate the waiting game

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Its all coming together now!

I had a post on here, talking about the service was pretty good, and how Willowdale Infiniti always wanted to make a new deal to bring in my car, and put me in an 07. They probably knew that a guy like you was trying to get one.

I have an IP 04 Coupe Auto. Its my pretty much my wife's daily driver.

Now, if I can just convince the wifey to let us get into a C6 or teh GT500.... the world would be perfect for all of us.

Hhaahaha.

Its time like this, that I am always blown away at the power of communicating on the internet.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by link91
Its all coming together now!

I had a post on here, talking about the service was pretty good, and how Willowdale Infiniti always wanted to make a new deal to bring in my car, and put me in an 07. They probably knew that a guy like you was trying to get one.

I have an IP 04 Coupe Auto. Its my pretty much my wife's daily driver.

Now, if I can just convince the wifey to let us get into a C6 or teh GT500.... the world would be perfect for all of us.

Hhaahaha.

Its time like this, that I am always blown away at the power of communicating on the internet.

ARE U SERIOUS? HHAHAHHAHHAHA
THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE....WOW....so check this guy out...he knows i am looking for one so he is trying to get you to bring in yours for me and sign u up in a new one....that is way too funny...hahahaha

Yeah, Francis is pretty cool though.
He knows how I am looking for a white auto coupe and he keeps calling me about these other ones.
Black, Silverstone...he is even throwing in some incentives and stuff....but i said white

hmmmm....yeah, please press her for the C6.... u can get a better deal on it now as dealers are slow.....

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HAHHAHAH

power of the internet indeed....

Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 PM
wait...just re read your post about Willowdale Infiniti....u really had all those problems with that car?
are they all fixed?
hmmmmm......
sorry just making sure everything is cool and dandy before i convince u to return the car

Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 PM
wait...just re read your post about Willowdale Infiniti....u really had all those problems with that car?
are they all fixed?
hmmmmm......
sorry just making sure everything is cool and dandy before i convince u to return the car
All the problems have been warranty fixed. I also have the graphite interior with the performance package. You'll have to convince the wife to return the car. She already detests how much of 'our' money we spend on my toys.

hahaha. You know, its funny that we got a rare combination in colour and interior. When we got the G, the salesman said "hey. if you're picking one up, what about this one?" and then proceed to point to the car on the showroom, IP with graphite interior and performance package. I didn't think it was rare at the time, until it took me about 1 year driving the car to see another IP on the road.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
All the problems have been warranty fixed. I also have the graphite interior with the performance package. You'll have to convince the wife to return the car. She already detests how much of 'our' money we spend on my toys.

hahaha. You know, its funny that we got a rare combination in colour and interior. When we got the G, the salesman said "hey. if you're picking one up, what about this one?" and then proceed to point to the car on the showroom, IP with graphite interior and performance package. I didn't think it was rare at the time, until it took me about 1 year driving the car to see another IP on the road.

Link91, do you live in the west end (Etobocoke)? Because I see an IP, which I think is the same one every time. I didn't know it was that rare, but if it is, it is either you or the one other guy that has one

Troy

Old 01-03-2007, 04:12 PM

hahahaha that is so cool...
yeah i know that combination is so hard to come by....
does your wife have it tinted? what percent? 35% seems good enuff for a white car.

right now i am really considering black more and more these days cause how hard it is to get IP

Old 01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
hahahaha that is so cool...
yeah i know that combination is so hard to come by....
does your wife have it tinted? what percent? 35% seems good enuff for a white car.

right now i am really considering black more and more these days cause how hard it is to get IP
The car has no tints on it. Two cars ago, I had 35% tints on the side and 15% at the rear window. She had SOOO much trouble parking the car at night. So, we decided with no tints from now on it. hahahahah

to BigG: I don't live in Etobicoke. I lived in North York and moved to richmond hill. Its probably the 'other' guy. hahahahaa

Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 PM
The car has no tints on it. Two cars ago, I had 35% tints on the side and 15% at the rear window. She had SOOO much trouble parking the car at night. So, we decided with no tints from now on it. hahahahah
ah that is cool....
well let me know if anything changes.....
Thanks for all the great help and advice....
the waiting game continues

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used Car buying