Canada Serving Canada.

Cost of a clear bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:14 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Pity about the fog Wayne....and Kevin, too bad about the door....

We'll get together some other time soon...

I didn't make it either.....I had my bro's tax to do -- He just got his T-4 and I wanted to get it out of the way and not have it 'hanging' over my head..

Sorry Sam...... but at least your C/Bra is done now...... Can't wait to see it.
Your ride will look so different without all those pit marks all over the front.

Glad you made it back ok, Wayne....

C.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Heck that makes it pretty inconvenient for you for the whole weekend. It must be jammed real bad since you can't even manually open it. Good luck Kevin.
You could say that!

I took these for the insurance.

This piece of metal should be flat, hah. It's been bent all the way around, which is why we can't manually open the door.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=picus112
Sam, how did it go?[/QUOTE]

Awesome
This describes: my day, the product ( venture shield ) and the installer ( Marco )
Sorry you guys couldn't make it. You missed meeting Marco, which is a shame. He is very much like you Kevin. Young and a perfectionist. He went the extra mile at every opportunity. We ( he ) worked on the car for a good 7 hours. It looks great. We had some issues with the coverage on the mirrors and Marco insisted that he will return with a new set of mirror films and re do it. He is also going to let the mgf. know that their one piece film for the mirrors needs to be redesigned. He told me that if he doesn't like the two piece film he will do a custom fit on the mirrors ( at no cost to me ) until he is happy with it.
The bumper looks great and the coverage on the hood is very good.
I could go on and on, but I won't.

I highly recomment Marco and Venture Shield to everyone out there.
The owner of the shop liked the product as well and told us he will put it on his wife's new ( today ) Santefe. Good catch Marco.
And yes Wayne, your smoked salmon with cream cheese on a Crossant was excellent. The salmon was very thickly sliced and heavily slathered in cream cheese. I'm on a diet so mine was smaller and on a bagel. Kevin, I'm eating yours for breakfast tomorrow. Colin, I'll have yours for a snack a little later on tonite after some libation.
I'll post pic. once Photobucket sends me a new password. I can't downsize them to fit here.
I hear Glen calling. Glen Fiddich here I come. Been a long, happy day.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Awesome Sam, I had a feeling from talking with Marco that he was a perfectionist, which is a good quality in his business. I am sure the film looks awesome. I'll probably see it and want mine re-done.

So is there anything else you need to have done to the car or are you just going to enjoy her now?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
Awesome Sam, I had a feeling from talking with Marco that he was a perfectionist, which is a good quality in his business. I am sure the film looks awesome. I'll probably see it and want mine re-done.

So is there anything else you need to have done to the car or are you just going to enjoy her now?
Need, is a word that is open to a great variation of interpertation and misunderstanding . I love the car as she sits. The bra just made sense to do after the paint job. I've enjoyed the car from the instant I heard her sing the first note of her exhaust-ive repitroire. An arrow shot through some part of my body that had been asleep for a long time. I'll let her rest for 72 hours and then, and then Woosh, I'll head stateside for some girly shopping for my daughter. A detector would be interesting if only it were legal in Canada. Pity eh!.
BTW Kevin, the door looks level. It's the ramp that's lopsided. So sorry your locked in. Will the ins. pay for lost wages on the two jobs you had scheduled today?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Haha, the two jobs I like the way you think.

RE: detector, they're only illegal if you get caught using them, or something. Like Ian.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam, it was great to meet you today. Again, I applogize for the mirrors, but I really wasn't satisfied with that specific design.....I'll have an alternative sent to me early this week and we'll get together asap! It's too bad about the weather, but I look forward to meeting the rest of the members this summer.

Sam....we'll be in touch!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Sounds like things worked out great Sam...
Now you just need some clear corners

Old 03-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Sounds like things worked out great Sam...
Now you just need some clear corners
ROTFLMAO, Still LMAO as I respond. Clear corners you say
I thought of you when Kevin asked if I was going to do anything else to the G. Looks like it's gonna be a nice few days.

Last edited by whatacar; 03-10-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
ROTFLMAO, Still LMAO as I respond. Clear corners you say
I thought of you when Kevin asked if I was going to do anything else to the G. Looks like it's gonna be a nice few days.
Sounds like it was a productive day for you Sam.
Got your clear bra installed and ate my brunch, Kevin's brunch and Colin's brunch, sure hope you had enough room for your own brunch .

I thought you had clear corners aw man, ya gotta have clear corners on a BO coupe for sure, especially now that you have her better than new.

and Marco we hope to meet up with you another day.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Sounds like it was a productive day for you Sam.
Got your clear bra installed and ate my brunch, Kevin's brunch and Colin's brunch, sure hope you had enough room for your own brunch .

I thought you had clear corners aw man, ya gotta have clear corners on a BO coupe for sure, especially now that you have her better than new.

and Marco we hope to meet up with you another day.
He does... the delivery man is a little slow though

Old 03-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ohhhh, I understand now. the delivery man is to busy modding

Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Slow, but dependable. You'd think with his new delivery vehicle it'ed be there in the blink of an eye. We're all just waiting for some consistent nice driving weather, eh.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by whatacar
Slow, but dependable. You'd think with his new delivery vehicle it'ed be there in the blink of an eye. We're all just waiting for some consistent nice driving weather, eh.
We definitely need to have a get together soon....
I need to catch up to Wayne as well.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Hope this works. Marco it was an absolute pleasure meeting and dealing with you. My dad always said. " You don't have to know everything yourself, just who to call on to find out." This G family is a very fertile patch of information and friendship. Just one of the many "Plusses" of membership.
No rush on the mirrors, just drop me a line when you are passing through to do some work in TO. Or wait until the next meet.
Here are the pics, (hopefully)
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...4g35/my%20bra/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cost of a clear bra