Canada Serving Canada.

Calgary Trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007 | 02:36 AM
|
Cactus Hugging Admin
Thumbs up Calgary Trip

Just got in from a trip to Calgary this week. I just wanted to pop in and say you guys have a beautiful city, and I had a wonderful time.

Aside from almost getting into a fight over some drunk stealing my jacket, it was awesome. Thanks to ChristianN for showing us around on Sat. night, too, and explaining to us the proper etiquette in AB strip clubs

G

Old 03-19-2007 | 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by GeoBau
Thanks to ChristianN for showing us around on Sat. night, too, and explaining to us the proper etiquette in AB strip clubs

G

Old 03-19-2007 | 11:12 AM
Traveling Administrator
Hahah, sounds like you had a great time George!

Old 03-19-2007 | 11:30 AM
I tried 3 times yesterday to post a review of our St. Paddy's shenanigans, but my stomach was still trying to kill me so I lost my motivation. G35Driver made for an interesting drinking event. Thanks for a good night GeoBau.

For those of you who use only paper money, loonies make for an interesting (slightly frightening) strip club experience. As GeoBau and Canadian (Jordan) were saying our strip clubs are like an adult version of Chucky Cheese.

Old 03-19-2007 | 11:57 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I tried 3 times yesterday to post a review of our St. Paddy's shenanigans, but my stomach was still trying to kill me so I lost my motivation. G35Driver made for an interesting drinking event. Thanks for a good night GeoBau.

For those of you who use only paper money, loonies make for an interesting (slightly frightening) strip club experience. As GeoBau and Canadian (Jordan) were saying our strip clubs are like an adult version of Chucky Cheese.
You trying to put coins in the slots again???

Old 03-19-2007 | 12:10 PM
Traveling Administrator
^^^

Old 03-19-2007 | 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
You trying to put coins in the slots again???
Something like that...

When I was 18 I saw the most hilarious Texan at the peelers during the Calgary Stampede and I really wish I could share a video of it with everyone...it was priceless.

Old 03-19-2007 | 01:18 PM
Something like that...

When I was 18 I saw the most hilarious Texan at the peelers during the Calgary Stampede and I really wish I could share a video of it with everyone...it was priceless.
Without a video, a verbal description would suffice, using whatever euphamisms are required to avoid board censorship...

Old 03-19-2007 | 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by interalian
Without a video, a verbal description would suffice, using whatever euphamisms are required to avoid board censorship...
You're from Calgary so you should know how it works. For those of you who are accustomed to politely placing a dollar bill in a strippers thong or something, we have much more disturbing method of tipping. After the girl finishes her dance she will usually sit on a blanket and spread eagle, stick a loonie on her um...cough. She then slides around on the stage and people throw loonies and toonies at her to knock it off (gently or the bouncers will kill you). The object is to "win" a poster or video of the girl (depending on the amount you tip) hence the Chucky Cheese comparison. Don't look at me like that, I said it was crude.

The Texan that I saw there was wearing a cowboy hat and a western style shirt that was completely unbuttoned. He had at least 500-600 loonies stacked up in front of him and was double fisting Budweisers. He sat there constantly screaming "Yee Ha! YEEEEE HAAA!" and when ever he wasn't drinking he was rapid firing loonies at the girls with both hands. We were there for about an hour and he ran out of loonies twice.

We're classy in Calgary, that's for sure.

Old 03-19-2007 | 02:40 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Just got in from a trip to Calgary this week. I just wanted to pop in and say you guys have a beautiful city, and I had a wonderful time.

Aside from almost getting into a fight over some drunk stealing my jacket, it was awesome. Thanks to ChristianN for showing us around on Sat. night, too, and explaining to us the proper etiquette in AB strip clubs

G
Glad you had a good time up here in the GWN, Geo.....and cudos to ChristianN for looking after our G-brethren from the south.....

C.

Old 03-19-2007 | 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=ChristianN]You're from Calgary so you should know how it works/QUOTE]

It's been 15 years since my last trip to the peelers - thanks for the refresher.

Old 03-19-2007 | 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by interalian
You're from Calgary so you should know how it works

It's been 15 years since my last trip to the peelers - thanks for the refresher.
I'm honestly a bit disturbed by the loonie throwing, so I try to only go when some girls are coming along. For some reason women are far more enthusiastic then guys at the peelers.

Last edited by Christian; 03-19-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2007 | 05:05 PM
I went to Newfoundland last year I thought the loonies were a Canadian thing but when I asked for a roll loonies they said why would you want those? Needless to say they were not impressed with the explanation guess its a west coast thing. I find it fitting to throw dirty money at dirty girls private parts must be the redneck in me?

Old 03-19-2007 | 05:26 PM

G
Quite a bit different from the clubs in Vegas, eh, Geo?

Old 03-19-2007 | 06:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
The Texan that I saw there was wearing a cowboy hat and a western style shirt that was completely unbuttoned. He had at least 500-600 loonies stacked up in front of him and was double fisting Budweisers. He sat there constantly screaming "Yee Ha! YEEEEE HAAA!" and when ever he wasn't drinking he was rapid firing loonies at the girls with both hands. We were there for about an hour and he ran out of loonies twice.

We're classy in Calgary, that's for sure.
LMAO, that is classic Christian.

Btw, I had never heard of the loonie thing, even after living in Lake Louise for a year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calgary Trip