Canada Serving Canada.

Self-Serve Carwash in GTA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2003 | 08:07 PM
|
Self-Serve Carwash in GTA?

Where do you guys wash your cars in the winter time?

I'm looking for a good Self-Serve carwash like the one at the Yonge & Steeles Esso. the only drawback is that they charge 60cents per MINUTE. which came out to $18 since I take about half an hour to do a good washing.

I know there are cheaper places, so if you know of one somewhere uptown like North York or Richmond Hill/Markham, please let me know.

Old 12-25-2003 | 09:37 AM
Re: Self-Serve Carwash in GTA?

hwy 7 and vallemede (between bayview and leslie) at the shell station, Its $2/cycle not sure of the time but i usually get my car done in 3-4 cycles so $6-8.

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi, borla exhaust
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 12-25-2003 | 04:20 PM

Petro Canada at Finch and Kennedy (Scarborough). $2/cycle and you should be able to get everything done in 2-3 cycles.

It's still a G thang!!

Old 12-25-2003 | 04:41 PM
|

Thanks guys. I gave the Shell on Hwy 7 a try just now and I had a good wash (spent $4).

It's nice and cheap and good pressure from the hose.

the only downside is that it's not heated or really indoors. I guess you get what you pay for, cuz the on at Esso is indoors & heated, just incase anyone wanted to go for a wash when it's really cold this winter.

happy washing!

Old 12-26-2003 | 02:40 PM

is there any...indoor self carwash???

Old 12-26-2003 | 02:58 PM

Rumble,

You finally broke down and washed your car??? Must be Chrismas!!!
I've use a no touch car wash during the winter. I'm happy with the job it performs. If the weather gets above 3C, I'll use my power washer.
For no touch, I go to Steeles and Warden Sunoco, its around $10 with gas. Coupons are a good idea too!!

35BILLS

Old 12-27-2003 | 04:51 PM

Haha!! I wash my car......from time to time...haha!! My car is pretty clean right now. I just had my car serviced at Alta though, so they washed it for me. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's cold....what? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's still a G thang!!

Old 12-29-2003 | 04:48 PM

Does anybody know of any Self-Serve Car washes in GTA that uses de-ionized water? I used one in Windsor and after you rinse the car, it leaves no water spots (i.e. no need to towel dry)! Absolutely amazing.
The one on Bathurst and Davenport costs about $1 a minute ($3 a cycle) and almost always leaves dirty water spots. I would NEVER use those dirty foam brushes either, except for on the tires...

Old 12-29-2003 | 08:33 PM

Well Touchless cleans your car ONLY so good. Its not like washing your car yourself of course. When I am lazy, and want a quick clean etc. I will only use ESSO car wash systems, especially locations with recently New & updated(such as the one in Thornhill on Centre b/w Bathurst and Dufferin) car wash systems. Of course you guys have to be crazy to use anything other than TOUCHLESS. Finally I recommend that Do It yourself type of car wash in Richmond Hill where I live, right on Bayview just North of Major Mack just a few meters and on the left. Its $2.00 per cycle(I believe you get 3-4min per cycle), super pressure, and warm water too.

Old 12-29-2003 | 08:35 PM

Yeah,most definately the one @ Yonge & Steeles is expensive, but of course you pay for what you get. It's nice to get free washes from close friends at some locations.

Old 01-02-2004 | 01:17 PM

Watch out for the "no touch" car washes!

I was talking to the guy that details my G and he advised that I avoid those types of car washes because the soap that they use has a very caustic de-greaser added that will instanly strip most protectants ( wax, sealers etc.) and over time will damage the finish of the paint itself. This apparently is the only way to compensate for the lack of contact with the car during the cleaning process.

I was advised that I was far better off to use the self-serve power wash on a regular basis to keep the car clean of material that can damage the finish, like heavy dirt and road salt. This of course doesn't remove all the dirt (especially on black paint) but when you feel the need wash properly by hand.

2003.5 Black Obsidian G35 Sedan w/ Aero

Old 01-02-2004 | 01:39 PM

EbonyG35,

Who do you have detail your car? I'll be looking for one come this spring. I have a few scratches to be removed and I feel a little tentitive as to doing it myself since the paint on our G's is very thin. I do have a buffer, but still I would feel safer to let a professional take care of it.

35BILLS

Old 01-06-2004 | 11:09 PM

has anyone tried one of those high pressure steam cleaners. my father in law just got one. i bet they work well on the wheels for brake dust. would any one dare use it on the body?

Old 01-13-2004 | 12:34 PM

35bills,

I usually get it done with the company located in the underground parking at First Canadian Place. I'm sorry but I don't know the name of the company.

I had some serious work done on the finish (stone chips on the hood) through the company that Alta Infiniti uses. He did an amazing job. He also pointed out that the optional finish that I had applied at the dealership was not as good as it could be so I had them re-do it.

Not very clear but I hope this helps.

2003.5 Black Obsidian G35 Sedan w/ Aero

Old 02-22-2011 | 05:07 PM
reviving an old thread:

For cheap contact wash -> Bayview and Sheppard in front of CDN Tire. 5 dollar wash and up. Good thorough wash!

For a good quality touchless wash -> HWY7 and Valemede, between Leslie and Bayview. Great for winter when you can't wash your car. This is by far the best touchless system.

I wash my car by hand using proper techniques. Only time I go through a car wash is during winter. Only use touchless if you truly care about your paint!

Ciao!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Self-Serve Carwash in GTA?