Canada Serving Canada.

First real handwash..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 03:20 PM
|
Thumbs up First real handwash..

So it was beautiful on sunday afternoon and it was just cool enough to go for a handwash. I decided to try out the mr. clean auto wash coz it looked too good to be true. And you know what? It actually worked...I just let it sun dry and there were no water marks at all...de-ionized water is sooo sweeta$$. I also put a layer of wax on it. Pretty noobish job but still looked pretty decent...until it rained today

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/barryf...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Two of my friends helping my clean the G.

I know picus will be shaking his head about me sun drying but...hey why not if it works!?

Old 04-30-2007 | 05:09 PM
It rained today???

Kevin is going to get you!!!!!

Looks good though.

Old 04-30-2007 | 06:15 PM
I know picus will be shaking his head about me sun drying but...hey why not if it works!?

But it does not work especially on a black car because you will get water spot and trust me I know because I own a black car. If you are going to take the easy way out you should never have gotten a black car.

Here is a trick that if you must wash under the sun, do sections of the car at a time. Start with the roof wash with soap then rinse right away then towel dry and microfiber dry once again. Then work on the mid section on either left or right and so forth. Each time you finsh the section rinse then towel dry and micro fibre dry it. then finally the wheels.

Old 04-30-2007 | 06:32 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Have a look at the sticky in the detailing forum Barry. There is an excellent guide to complete detailing.

Nice car btw. Did you get that other issue worked out?

Old 05-01-2007 | 08:08 AM
|
Originally Posted by RBull
Have a look at the sticky in the detailing forum Barry. There is an excellent guide to complete detailing.

Nice car btw. Did you get that other issue worked out?

yea thanks for the tips guys...but honestly there weren't any waterspots!!! The engine service soon light was on because the exhaust sensor wasn't reading at 100% efficiency, the dealer at agincourt fixed it under warranty, it actually went pretty smooth despite the bad things i've heard about that dealership. It was a nice day out so I ended up busing around on the TTC when my car was being fixed...haha..first time busing since highschool!! Good times..haha.

Old 05-01-2007 | 08:36 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
^good news on the SEL