Canada Serving Canada.

Iced G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Iced G

So Partsource had a big sale last week and I stopped in and picked up some Rhino Ramps. But while I was there I noticed the Turtle Wax Ice products were on sale, so I picked up the 'liquid clay bar' and the polish. Did up my car with both last Saturday and I have to say after the LCB, it looked pretty 'bare'; that is, no wax, no dirt. Then I applied the Ice and while it shined up very nicely and is VERY slick to the touch, it was not my typical 'wax' experience.

Does anyone (I'm looking at you, Shane) have any experience/information/opinions about these products?

So on Sunday we went to Sylvan Lake, I drove down a mile of dusty gravel road and got the car FILTHY. Damn. But it washed up nice. This weekend it's due for oil change and K&N cleaning so I'll probably give it another thorough cleaning on Sunday afternoon.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
interesting, I was thinking of buying the stuff' someone please chime in. BTW:

Old 06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
interesting, I was thinking of buying the stuff' someone please chime in. BTW:
You want the clean pic or the dirty one?? Can't have either cause I didn't take any. I'll attach a 'clean' one from a while back, anyway, just because.

Attached Thumbnails Iced G-856-cropped.jpg  

Last edited by Swivel; 06-08-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks, i want to see the turnout with these products because they're always on clearance at my local Shucks auto parts store

Old 06-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I've used the polish (not the clay bar) on all 3 of my cars. It seems to work pretty well. It almost feels like you're putting baby oil all over your car. The trick is to use very, very...and I mean very, very...little. The first time I used it I put too much on and had more difficulty buffing it off Just use a little bit at a time and it'll work pretty well. The great thing about this Ice polish is that you can pretty well use it over plastic and rubber too and does NOT leave any powdery residue. I find you don't have to buff as hard too. It makes the job of waxing so much faster! Not sure about the protective properties of this polish vs. real wax but it does keep my black cars looking good.

I also tried the Ice car wash that Costco has in the 4L format. I must say I am very impressed with the car wash product. Does not leave water marks.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by THE ONE
I also tried the Ice car wash that Costco has in the 4L format. I must say I am very impressed with the car wash product. Does not leave water marks.
Hmm, might have to try that stuff...though 4L is a lot! I have about 1L of Meguiar's and have washed my car 6-8 times without putting much of a dent in it. It's probably a year's supply!

Clarification - the 'clay bar' is actually a liquid, not an actual clay bar. Thought I'd try it, but since I have never used an actual clay bar, I can't compare.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
That polish will leave your car so smooth if someone leans on it they will slide right off it. I just clayed mine yesterday also and then used the Meguiar's tech wax.

Trending Topics

Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
So Partsource had a big sale last week and I stopped in and picked up some Rhino Ramps. But while I was there I noticed the Turtle Wax Ice products were on sale, so I picked up the 'liquid clay bar' and the polish. Did up my car with both last Saturday and I have to say after the LCB, it looked pretty 'bare'; that is, no wax, no dirt. Then I applied the Ice and while it shined up very nicely and is VERY slick to the touch, it was not my typical 'wax' experience.

Does anyone (I'm looking at you, Shane) have any experience/information/opinions about these products?

So on Sunday we went to Sylvan Lake, I drove down a mile of dusty gravel road and got the car FILTHY. Damn. But it washed up nice. This weekend it's due for oil change and K&N cleaning so I'll probably give it another thorough cleaning on Sunday afternoon.
Wayne, I don't have any personal experience with Turtle Wax Ice products, but I have certainly heard/read lots of good things about it. It seems most users are extremely happy with the results. Next time you slap a coat of TW Ice on your G take some pics.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I know diddly squat about this product, but had a ? about the LCB....

I thought the purpose of clay was to pickup, embed & isolate the particles from the paint.
With liquid wouldn't the particulate be swirling around on the paint while you work it?

Old 06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I know diddly squat about this product, but had a ? about the LCB....

I thought the purpose of clay was to pickup, embed & isolate the particles from the paint.
With liquid wouldn't the particulate be swirling around on the paint while you work it?
Good point, Ian, that's kinda why I posted up. I think "Liquid Clay Bar" may be just a marketing name for "we think it cleans real good, like a clay bar". I'm gonna try a clay as well, then I'll have some point of comparison.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Here is a couple of threads on the LCB over at Autopia. It has gotten mixed reviews. The Liquid Ice Wax is what I have heard lots of great things about.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...ht=liquid+clay
http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...ht=liquid+clay

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 06-11-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Shane, some interesting 'opinions' over there. Lots of skepticism from the people who haven't tried it, and some good reviews from people that have. Nice find!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, seemed positive from those that have used. It would certainly have to be a lot easier and faster than regular clay.