Canada Serving Canada.

Would someone be able to help RE: TPMS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 02:06 PM
|
Would someone be able to help RE: TPMS?

I had some suspension work done on the left front and I swapped the spare tire up to replace one of the front tires. Now, the TPM light flashes and stays on everytime I drive at 120 km/h+ for a while. It does go out if I drive slower for a while (e.g. below 120 km/h). Turning the car off does not remedy the situation as the light will flash again and stays on if the light was on right before I turned the car off. Driving me crazy!! Can someone help? And does anyone know if the spare is fully equipped with the TPM sensor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-10-2007 | 04:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
The spare (doughnut) is not equipped with TPMS....but now that the regular tire is back on, the warning light should stay off.

The dealer will have to 'Re-initialize' the TPMS system......If they did the suspension work, they should quibble about setting up the TPMS....

Also make sure tires pressures are reset to spec.

G/L
Colin

Old 07-10-2007 | 04:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by Msedanman
The spare (doughnut) is not equipped with TPMS....but now that the regular tire is back on, the warning light should stay off.

The dealer will have to 'Re-initialize' the TPMS system......If they did the suspension work, they should quibble about setting up the TPMS....

Also make sure tires pressures are reset to spec.

G/L
Colin
Thanks, Colin. Well, to clarify, I am actually riding on the spare now because the stock rim was bent. The spare is a full size complete with the alloy rim, so that's why I am wondering if it has the sensor in it. The problem is the dealer didn't perform the suspension work so I'm wondering if I can just bring it in and say "Ohhh for some reason, the TPM light is on" .. wonder if they'd fix it for me under warranty ....

Old 07-10-2007 | 05:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by indycase
Thanks, Colin. Well, to clarify, I am actually riding on the spare now because the stock rim was bent. The spare is a full size complete with the alloy rim, so that's why I am wondering if it has the sensor in it. The problem is the dealer didn't perform the suspension work so I'm wondering if I can just bring it in and say "Ohhh for some reason, the TPM light is on" .. wonder if they'd fix it for me under warranty ....
Not likely the spare has the TPMS.......unless you bought it that way....
If it doesn't have it, then that would be why the light comes on.
If you know the spare has TPMS then you could ask the dealer for some help and feign an unknown problem.....

C.

Old 07-11-2007 | 02:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Not likely the spare has the TPMS.......unless you bought it that way....
If it doesn't have it, then that would be why the light comes on.
If you know the spare has TPMS then you could ask the dealer for some help and feign an unknown problem.....

C.
Thanks, Colin.