Canada Serving Canada.

Any canuck importing a G37?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any canuck importing a G37?

Just wondering if any of you canucks are importing a G37 from the US?
Its already a given that you'll save tons of $$, but because its a 2008 model its yet to show up on RIV's list of admissibile vehicles (http://www.riv.ca)... wondering if anyone else is coming across this hurdle~~

Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Comatose
Just wondering if any of you canucks are importing a G37 from the US?
Its already a given that you'll save tons of $$, but because its a 2008 model its yet to show up on RIV's list of admissibile vehicles (http://www.riv.ca)... wondering if anyone else is coming across this hurdle~~
I just finsihed importing a 2003 G35 all the way from Florida. But I also know the rules about importing a brand new car.

Becarefull importing a car bought straight from the dealership in the states and driving it over to Canada. Nissan North America issued a memo to Canadian dealerships (not exactly enforced at all canadian dealerships...yet) that a car bought in the US has to been serviced AT LEAST once within the first 6 months at an American dealership before it can be serviced in a Canadian dealership.
IE/ it's has to be serviced at least once in the states before you can import it and have INfiniti Canada recognize and honor the warranty.

But not ALL dealerships here are enforcing it.

My suggestion, wait until the suckers that bought the car brand new realize the can't afford it and have to sell it (within 6-12 months).

Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I just finsihed importing a 2003 G35 all the way from Florida. But I also know the rules about importing a brand new car.

Becarefull importing a car bought straight from the dealership in the states and driving it over to Canada. Nissan North America issued a memo to Canadian dealerships (not exactly enforced at all canadian dealerships...yet) that a car bought in the US has to been serviced AT LEAST once within the first 6 months at an American dealership before it can be serviced in a Canadian dealership.
IE/ it's has to be serviced at least once in the states before you can import it and have INfiniti Canada recognize and honor the warranty.

But not ALL dealerships here are enforcing it.

My suggestion, wait until the suckers that bought the car brand new realize the can't afford it and have to sell it (within 6-12 months).

That's a strange and vague rule. Big deal. Have the oil changed on your new car and consider it serviced by the new dealer before importing.

I wouldn't count on lots of "suckers" that can't afford a G in the first year. There are probably a few that just change their mind on the car.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Mike (remsleep1) just recently purchased a new 07 G35 Sedan from a US dealership. He should be able to answer any questions you may have.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Mike (remsleep1) just recently purchased a new 07 G35 Sedan from a US dealership. He should be able to answer any questions you may have.
LOL.. I like that;
Comatose, talk to remsleep.