G37 First Drive From Canadian Driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:09 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Techuinang - that's great, I'm sure you're going to love the new G37
It sounds like you're the marketing target for this car.

Despite what my preferences are;
I think Infiniti has done the right thing with the car to move the car more mainstream & attract a larger clientele.
I think there are a lot more people out there with needs & wants like Techuinang than hard edged enthusiasts.
I agree. I like the way you've described the differences in clientèle and probably lean the way you're talking too. It's consistent with what other luxury premium brands do. Hopefully for the "harder edged enthusiasts' Nissan will have some updated product soon to offer, a step below the GTR.

Just had a look at the G37 sport in BO. My humble brief impressions from just looking at the car from outside:

I don't see any difference seeing it in person versus in pictures which was a bit of a disappointment. It's definitely an evolution from the first generation with more modern lines softer silhouette, bulkier bigger looking front end though. The rear quarter has strong shades of the new Alty coupe but just looks a bit awkward. I think the BO actually hides some of the lines of the car which I'm not sure is a good thing.

The car still looks muscular but more refined, luxurious looking, and not as sporty as the first generation. Those calipers and rotors are very impressive looking. The rotors are huge and the calipers really jump out too. The wheel gap, wheel well fitment is a bit better with the 19 OE's. The offsets on the wheels are an improvement from the wimpy OE specs on previous generations (like I have) although the new 19" wheels look heavy and luxurious to me rather than sport. (Good job on staying consistent with the rest of the car)
From looking through the window the interior is lovely just like the '07 sedan. Expensive, comfortable, modern and all the toys. No complaints there.

Overall IMHO it's the kind of car that looks nice and expensive but blends in more with the crowd. For the 51.6K on the window there is a lot of car literally and figuratively. Now I need to drive the car and really see what it's all about. From what we've read it's much more refined, quiet, smooth and luxurious.

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:46 AM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Techuinang
Garnet, might sound like a stupid question, but on your nav in your new sedan, when you drive, do you see your position in real time? Like for example, is the green arrow moving as you're driving? If so, I might have to get this feature.
Yep, it sure does.

Old 08-16-2007 | 02:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
I agree. I like the way you've described the differences in clientèle and probably lean the way you're talking too. It's consistent with what other luxury premium brands do. Hopefully for the "harder edged enthusiasts' Nissan will have some updated product soon to offer, a step below the GTR.

Just had a look at the G37 sport in BO. My humble brief impressions from just looking at the car from outside:

I don't see any difference seeing it in person versus in pictures which was a bit of a disappointment. It's definitely an evolution from the first generation with more modern lines softer silhouette, bulkier bigger looking front end though. The rear quarter has strong shades of the new Alty coupe but just looks a bit awkward. I think the BO actually hides some of the lines of the car which I'm not sure is a good thing.

The car still looks muscular but more refined, luxurious looking, and not as sporty as the first generation. Those calipers and rotors are very impressive looking. The rotors are huge and the calipers really jump out too. The wheel gap, wheel well fitment is a bit better with the 19 OE's. The offsets on the wheels are an improvement from the wimpy OE specs on previous generations (like I have) although the new 19" wheels look heavy and luxurious to me rather than sport. (Good job on staying consistent with the rest of the car)
From looking through the window the interior is lovely just like the '07 sedan. Expensive, comfortable, modern and all the toys. No complaints there.

Overall IMHO it's the kind of car that looks nice and expensive but blends in more with the crowd. For the 51.6K on the window there is a lot of car literally and figuratively. Now I need to drive the car and really see what it's all about. From what we've read it's much more refined, quiet, smooth and luxurious.
Nice report.....
I had a call from my contact to go see it, but have resisted so far.

Old 08-16-2007 | 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Yep, it sure does.
Damn you, I was hoping I could skip this option, now I want it for sure. Thanks

Old 08-16-2007 | 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
I actually agree with that, from the pictures, the rear is the weak side of this car, the tail lamp reminds me of the Maxima. I would've like to see the G35 sedan tail or even the Altima tail be ported into this car.

I just got a call from the 2 dealerships in O-Town, one received 2 today (already spoken for last I heard) while the other dealership will get theirs tomorow and will put it in the showroom. I'll try to go see it during the week-end.

Old 08-16-2007 | 03:12 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Techuinang
Damn you, I was hoping I could skip this option, now I want it for sure. Thanks
You'll want the Navi option for the MB, CF slot and voice activation anyways.

Old 08-16-2007 | 04:26 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Nice report.....
I had a call from my contact to go see it, but have resisted so far.
Thanks.

My dealer hasn't made contact here yet but I'm expecting it. It's the only G37 I could see on the premises so they probably don't have a tester yet.

I know I overused that one word but that's what I kept thinking when I saw it.