Canada Serving Canada.

Ontario speeding law change to Highway Act

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by pjames
who's more dangerous? a driver doing 130 on an empty highway, or someone changing lanes without indicating in heavy but flowing traffic, or cutting across 2 lanes without indicating?
While the driver cutting across two lanes may be dangerous to other drivers, he/she is easily avoided, and even if this causes an accident, it's only at 65 mph, or whatever your speed limit is. But at 130, even a tire blow out is deadly. Run into another car, and both cars will be pretty much demolished.

And I thought California was bad when it came to laws...

Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
While the driver cutting across two lanes may be dangerous to other drivers, he/she is easily avoided, and even if this causes an accident, it's only at 65 mph, or whatever your speed limit is. But at 130, even a tire blow out is deadly. Run into another car, and both cars will be pretty much demolished.

And I thought California was bad when it came to laws...
Thanks for dropping into the Canada section. Our speeds are posted in kilometers per hour like most of the world. That's what pjames was using. In case you don't know that is about 80 mph

Old 10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks for dropping into the Canada section. Our speeds are posted in kilometers per hour like most of the world. That's what pjames was using. In case you don't know that is about 80 mph
Oh, damn! Thanks for correcting me. That's what I get for dropping by a forum for another country!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Oh, damn! Thanks for correcting me. That's what I get for dropping by a forum for another country!
Hey, no problem.

We see it happen all the time. People take a wrong turn and end up on our doorstep.