Canada Serving Canada.

got a ticket today.... need help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a ticket today.... need help!!

I got pulled over today when driving alone on the high occuancy lane on 404going south bound.....

i just checked on the government website where it says the ticket is $110.00and worth of 3 points....

can anybody tell me what's my chance to get this ticket completedly off the record if i go through a ticketfighter???

and also.. is there any ticketfighter that guarantees to fight it off so that my insurance won't be affected at all..?!?

Last edited by Smartidiot; 10-24-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, you said "alone," but were you actually alone?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 PM
well. obviously i was driving alone.. that's how i got the ticket...

Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smartidiot
well. obviously i was driving alone.. that's how i got the ticket...
In my opinion, pay the ticket - you never should have been there and are guilty. Why waste the system's resources because you want to get off for something you did wrong?

Why do some people refuse to accept responsibility for their actions?????

$110 fine is not the end of the world. If you insurance is near the breaking point, maybe they're trying to tell you something? If this is your only fine, then don't worry about it - most insurance companies will turn a blind eye to the occasional ticket, unless they're looking for a reason to get rid of you.

Also, why did you have to check the government website for the price of the fine, didn't it list it on the ticket?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 AM
i dont think the cost of the ticket is really the issue, rather than the demerit points...when my friend got into some traffic trouble he was going to hire x-copper and they told him they would get him off the hook for his demerit points and drop his fine...their service charge was like $400 or so (it was a harsh ticket). what he did instead is have a friend show up in court on his date and say he is there to represent my friend because he is out of the province (or some excuse like that) and wishes to reschedule the court date to another time. they dropped all the charges except for the min ticket charge ($60 or something)

Old 10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
If it costs points. Fight it ASAP. If not, pay it or fight it yourself to drop the fines and save money.

My insurance got jacked to $7373 because of two tickets (6 demerit points in total). Now, I'm insured under "high-risk". I say avoid the high-risk as much as possible and get the demerit points off.
3 point is still a lot, another 3 demerit point ticket and BAM, you're going to pay a lot higher premiums.

Stay clean with insurance if you want to keep driving in Ontario...

Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by XuperXero
If it costs points. Fight it ASAP. If not, pay it or fight it yourself to drop the fines and save money.

My insurance got jacked to $7373 because of two tickets (6 demerit points in total). .........

Holly schit

Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 AM

My insurance got jacked to $7373 because of two tickets (6 demerit points in total). Now, I'm insured under "high-risk". I say avoid the high-risk as much as possible and get the demerit points off.
3 point is still a lot, another 3 demerit point ticket and BAM, you're going to pay a lot higher premiums.

Holy smokes...yeah i agree always fight it when there is demerit points. even if you have to pay a 3rd party like x-copper for representation or whatever they do it will be cheaper in the long run than having your premiums jacked up. the last thing we need in canada is higher premiums

Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Not to mention...
$7373/yr with me as OCCASSIONAL driver.

Switched to another insurance company a few days ago, facility insurance, but went down to $5800. Still sucks when I used to pay $1900/year. Pain in the *** to find the company, pain in the *** to keep this premium, this entire thing was a pain in the ***.

Learn from my mistakes. FIGHT THE DAMN TICKETS AND DONT LET INSURANCE COMPANY/GOVERNMENT SCAM YOU.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to mention...
$7373/yr with me as OCCASSIONAL driver.

Switched to another insurance company a few days ago, facility insurance, but went down to $5800. Still sucks when I used to pay $1900/year. Pain in the *** to find the company, pain in the *** to keep this premium, this entire thing was a pain in the ***.

Learn from my mistakes. FIGHT THE DAMN TICKETS AND DONT LET INSURANCE COMPANY/GOVERNMENT SCAM YOU.
What company were you with? I've currently got 6 demerits against me (2 - 30km/h over tickets - laser traps when speed went from 80-50 in both cases)

My insurance company lists them on my renewal, so they know about them, but my insurance did nothing bizarre like yours. Did you have accidents? You list being "occasional". The G is in your parent's name? How old are you?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I carpool to work with my friend and always see people getting pulled over on the 404 under that tunnel the carpool lane goes through to get to 401 West. There's sometimes 3-4 cars pulled over at a time, I don't know why people risk that, there's a good chance you're going to get caught and I don't the risk is worth saving a little bit of time. Worse than that is the morons that dart into the carpool lane without even looking who is coming down and on top of that don't even have a passenger with them, see that sh** all the time.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM
FYI, insurance companies do not care about demerit point for insurance purposes. The only thing they look at are the number of convictions, so as long as you are convicted regardless of whether they drop the points or not, if the insurance company pulls a driver's abstract on you they will see the offences for up to 3years.

The demerit points are merely there to address licensing.

If it is your first offence I wouldn't worry too much about it, you rolled the dice and lost, suck it up and pay for the ticket, it's pretty black and white.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you were the only occupant in the car, travelling in the HOV lane (assuming it was clearly delineated), then you deserve to be fined. you took a chance and you got caught. this is why we have laws and regulations governing motor vehicle use.

if you fight this in court the possibility exists for the judge to increase the fine amount if he feels you are wasting the court's time. unless you have some miraculous story, i predict you would be wasting time.

think twice before fighting it. make sure you have a legitimate and plausible excuse for why you were in the HOV lane. if you don't, do not contribute to the already-backlogged court system and take court time away from people with sincere defenses

Old 10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
well..the truth is.. i did drive alone on the high occupancy lane.. but believe or not i really didnt know it was the High occupancy lane until i got pulled over by the cop..

i rarely drove on 404 and even if i do. i usually take the regular lane to 401 west.. last night l saw that lane and the sign says it's gonig to 401 west so i just hopped on it without thinking too much...apprently if i paid a bit more attention to te diamond sigh on the road then i would've found out that its a HOV lane....

anwyays.. i haven't got any tickets/accidents in the past 5 years.. so i am just wondering if this would affecy my premium say if i get a conviction out of it ?..

and if it does, how much inscrease am i looking at annually?

thanks in advance for all the info.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Smartidiot
well..the truth is.. i did drive alone on the high occupancy lane.. but believe or not i really didnt know it was the High occupancy lane until i got pulled over by the cop..

i rarely drove on 404 and even if i do. i usually take the regular lane to 401 west.. last night l saw that lane and the sign says it's gonig to 401 west so i just hopped on it without thinking too much...apprently if i paid a bit more attention to te diamond sigh on the road then i would've found out that its a HOV lane....

anwyays.. i haven't got any tickets/accidents in the past 5 years.. so i am just wondering if this would affecy my premium say if i get a conviction out of it ?..

and if it does, how much inscrease am i looking at annually?

thanks in advance for all the info.
You may be looking at a surprisingly hefty increase...it is almost always worth it to fight it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a ticket today.... need help!!