Old 03-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hyper Voltage System-Recommended Mod

another angle of battery compartment

207924-hvs36s.JPG

Old 03-13-2004, 11:36 PM

Another angle showing HGS wires. Note that extra dark grey cable from the the +ve terminal is NOT an HGS wire - its a "Tsunami" cable used to power the extra amp in the trunk... I think.

207938-Hgs41s.JPG

Old 03-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jandc, most of your impressions are consistent with comments with the feedback I've received from GroundingGear™ with just the H-G install, especially with the smoothness and throttle response, even without and ECU reset. Though the brighter headlights have not previously been reported by G35 drivers, I've had several reports by drivers of other GroundingGear™ equipped cars about similar brightness improvements, especially with aftermarket bulbs. I'm still not sure why.
The circuitry and theory behind the Hyper-Voltage system should make a difference in the cars with particular high-current demands, especially with aftermarket stereo installs, etc. The more electrical mods to the car, the more difference you are likely to notice.

Too bad you were not able to do each mod separately to compare the differences. I'd like to see impressions with JUST the Hyper-Voltage system installed to see if it does as much as the H-G system in terms of a performance increase. A similar system is currently on the drawing-board by my R&D guys and I'm trying to decide if it's worth fully developing. The more empirical data and feedback about effectiveness of the Hyper-Voltage system, the better for everyone. Maybe you and duhprez can disconnect the H-G clusters where they attach to the engine and see how much difference each of the systems makes.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 03-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Duhprez, you've had your GroundingGear™ in your car since last July. How much do you think the Hyper-Voltage system improved your initial impressions over the hyper-grounds? Double? More? Less?

Things like this really excite me, just as how my first set of GroundingGear™ converted me from being a skeptic to a believer of 'alternative' mods!

Old 03-14-2004, 02:14 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Gord, As you know, I've had my Grounding Kit on for a about a year now and am very happy with the results. Quicker starting, smoother idling and driveability.
Now I have the HVS installed and it seems to accentuate all those benefits yielding even better starts, even smoother idling and drivebility, and more responsiveness.
I'm checking gas mileage for any change there and will report later. Can't tell about a change in power--- I fancy there's more, but can't say for sure.
Here's my install location:

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

208206-HVS install.jpg

Old 03-14-2004, 09:40 PM

Gordgee I'm going to leave everything unchanged for a while in order to determine if there really is an improvement to gas mileage. I suspect there will be a small gain since the idle is smoother.
After a few weeks I'll disconnect the lead HGS wire from the battery terminal to test the difference with just the HVS, if nobody has done so by then.

I did notice a"new" HVS being developed by Sun Automobile where the unit has some kind of extra grounding wires integrated (see pic). This means there is some synergy between the HVS and HGS as they have somewhat combined the two products into a stand alone system.

Oh and you're right about the aftermarket stereo installs - I forgot to mention that the HVS and HGS did not cause any distortion or interference noise with my aftermarket audio setup.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by jandc on 03/14/04 06:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

208414-hp_system.jpg

Old 03-14-2004, 10:02 PM

Gsedanman, about your install location, did you secure it there or does it move around? Also can you see the unit through the battery compartment lid opening? I can only see the light flashing red/green with my install location.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Shoot! Looks like they beat me to it! I figured if the HVS actually works, I'd combine my version with the GroundingGear™ system! It seemed like a natural combo as the ground to the battery is right there. Now chances are, it'll be patent pending as it'll be a unique application! Oh well.[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] At least this way I get a chance to see what others impression is about them. Mind you, according to GroundingGear™ theory, the connection to the battery negative is the least important of all the H-G connection points, and data collected thus far seems to bear this out. If any of you guys with the HVS and HGS systems installed want to do some dyno pulls, we'll see how it compares with the runs I should be making this week.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:49 AM

Gord,

I would agree with gsedanman about how the hyper voltage system accentuates the benefits of the hyper ground system. I definitely do feel the difference in adding the hyper voltage unit without having to reset my ECU. With reference to my initial observations and attempting to quantify the benefits derived from the hyper voltage unit, I would say the incremental performance enhancement is at least 50% over and above the hyper ground system.

Gord, like you, initially I was skeptical about the HVS. But after having it on for about two weeks now and with the HGS, I'm a firm believer in the performance enhancing benefits of the HVS.

gsedanman, jandc - Nice job on your installs. Did both of you use more than double sided tape to secure the hyper voltage unit to the chassis? I couldn't get enough of a flat surface to enable a secure mount. I used double sided tape on the bottom to avoid a metal surface to metal surface contact and then used nylon cable ties to secure it in place (see above photo). This HVS is not able move or jiggle unless I physically tug on it using force.

G35 Coupe 6MT Brilliant Silver
Tinted Windows
7 -Wire Hyper Ground System
Hyper Voltage System
Complete Front-end Clear Bra

208526-Hypervoltage1.JPG

Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
O.F. Administrator

Jandc,... My unit doesn't move at all, so I left it unsecured. Seems fine that way but if I detect any movement, I'll secure it with some ties and perhaps pad the back side.
The flashing led is visible from the battery opening n/p.
Colin

Old 03-15-2004, 11:56 AM
O.F. Administrator

Duhprez, I've left the unit as stand alone for now. It's solid in there and very tight, but if I detect any movement, I'll secure it with some ties. That particular location isn't very flat, so I left the double sticky off for now.
C.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:10 AM

Hi there, It seems like everybody is constantly making additions and "soupin" up their G35coupes! My car is a Lease and unfortunately I cannot do much, especially because I don't intend on keeping it after 4 years. Anyhow, this HVS, will it not void the warranty? And is this Jerry guy an individual or staff member from an Infiniti Dealership? Does this add on really make a difference? Like damn, Im considering on installing it! I am curious to know how many of you are installing or planning on installing this?

Old 03-16-2004, 11:44 AM

Soup'in up or customizing our G35's is just a way to maximize our ownership experience of this fine piece of automotive engineering (even if it is on a lease). Adding the HVS is like adding the Hyper Ground System - it's a passive modification and won't void the warranty. In addition, the HVS is easy to install and de-install. In fact, you can take it with you and have it installed on your next vehicle as it's a general application unit and not vehicle specific. So I can understand about installing mods that make sense for you.

Jerry is the service manager at Yorkville Infiniti as well as being a car enthusiast, he knows his stuff and it's not only limited to Infiniti's. Jerry's always glad to help anyone looking for advice - give him a call and mention that you're from the G35 Driver Forum.

It looks like the HVS is gaining more interest from it's initial introduction. This is exactly the same with the hyper ground system. Lots of apprehension at first and now it looks like it's a mandatory mod for those who want to get the most out of their G35 (sedans and coupes). And besides, it's inexpensive and easy to add.

Since Jerry works with Infiniti's everyday, he's test drove my coupe with the Hyper Ground System and Hyper Voltage System. In comparison to the stock G35, there is definitely a difference and increase in performance with the mods.

Hope this helps. If you're still unsure, why don't you drop by one of the upcoming G35 meets and speak to some of the other owners to get input from their own experience. Everyone is happy to share and provide insight.

G35 Coupe 6MT Brilliant Silver
Tinted Windows
7 -Wire Hyper Ground System
Hyper Voltage System
Aluminum Pedals
Complete Front-end Clear Bra

Old 03-17-2004, 07:21 AM

Hey guys, I just happened to have a few copy of a few performance magazines lying around (Option Fans) and it introduces the products from SUN that is very popular in HK and Japan.

Nology Hot InaZamam = HVS
Nology Hot Earth = HGS (I think)
Nology Hot wires = performance spark plug wires that claim to be 300 times stronger than normal

I think the HVS is pretty cool but I am just thinking where does the HGS links to??
For grounding I am kind of leaning towards GroundingGear because its connections points links to places like transmissions, ECU (under development) ..............

I also think the spark plug wires might be useful but I am thinking if we really need it since our cars are brand new.

Anyone want to give some comments?
I might scan them later to let you guys have a peek of what I am talking about.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper Voltage System-Recommended Mod