Canada Serving Canada.

The Wife Got Stopped Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008 | 07:30 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
The Wife Got Stopped Today

LOL, Anissa got pulled aside at a routine road block today in Saint John with her Mother and Ava in the car. I recently got the registration renewed but haven't applied the registration sticker to the plate yet since the G has been a complete mess with all of the crappy weather. I do have the current registration and registration stickers in the glove compartment though. The officer asked Anissa to see the registration and also asked her why we have no front plate. She simply answered "I have no idea, my husband took it off." Not to mention my 35% tint on the front windows aren't legal either. She got off with no warnings and no tickets. I swear if that was me, I would of gotten a ticket......guaranteed.

It's just a matter of time before I get a ticket, however that's the game I play and will simply pay it if/when the time happens.

Old 01-12-2008 | 07:44 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Kudos to Anissa. You're probably right about a ticket with you driving the car. Now there's a double standard if we ever did see one!

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:10 PM
Good stuff Anissa got away scott free . I bet it was a bit tense for a few minutes for her.

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:16 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
I got pulled over for the same reason once.

He asked me for the registration and I handed to him not knowing what's going on.
He unfolds it and sees my stickers taped with scotch to the registration.

He's like......Do you know what should you do with this? (pointing at the stickers)

I started laughing and so did the cop.
He gave the registration back to me I stepped out of the car and put the stickers on the plate.

He told me to have a good day and left smiling.

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:30 PM
Lucky you

Old 01-14-2008 | 02:01 PM
Good story, Shane, although I noted how she threw you under the bus for the front plates.

Old 01-14-2008 | 03:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LOL, Anissa got pulled aside at a routine road block today in Saint John with her Mother and Ava in the car. I recently got the registration renewed but haven't applied the registration sticker to the plate yet since the G has been a complete mess with all of the crappy weather. I do have the current registration and registration stickers in the glove compartment though. The officer asked Anissa to see the registration and also asked her why we have no front plate. She simply answered "I have no idea, my husband took it off." Not to mention my 35% tint on the front windows aren't legal either. She got off with no warnings and no tickets. I swear if that was me, I would of gotten a ticket......guaranteed.

It's just a matter of time before I get a ticket, however that's the game I play and will simply pay it if/when the time happens.
Amazing how they can get away with things that we couldn't

Old 01-14-2008 | 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Amazing how they can get away with things that we couldn't
except my wife got the last speeding ticket .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................and I won't let her forget it

Old 01-14-2008 | 03:32 PM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
damn I wish I had that luck damn women get what they want lol

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:03 AM
You have 35% tint on front window? Wow... must be hard to see at night.

But kudo's on getting away without front plates and lack of registration AND 35% tint on front window.

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:07 AM
not trying to jack your thread, i got pulled over today! i was an idiot, going 80 on a 55. the officier gave me a ticket and let me go instead of suspending my license.

Old 01-15-2008 | 03:46 AM
lol... I really wonder what's up with Americans butting into our Canadian threads? Laws and society is completely different from ours!

Old 01-15-2008 | 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by XuperXero
You have 35% tint on front window? Wow... must be hard to see at night.

But kudo's on getting away without front plates and lack of registration AND 35% tint on front window.
David , he meant his front side windows are 35%, his windshield is clear. In New Brunswick you are not supposed to tint the front side windows.

Old 01-15-2008 | 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by badassflip
not trying to jack your thread, i got pulled over today! i was an idiot, going 80 on a 55. the officier gave me a ticket and let me go instead of suspending my license.
What's that gonna cost you?

Old 01-15-2008 | 07:55 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Originally Posted by XuperXero
lol... I really wonder what's up with Americans butting into our Canadian threads? Laws and society is completely different from ours!
Usually I post in threads like this, because I hit "get new posts" then just click on a thread tittle and not even realize what section it is in. Basically thats how I got myself into this thread .

And your wife is lucky she go away, not sure about the Canada, but in the US and no reg. is a bit fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Wife Got Stopped Today