Canada Serving Canada.

Coupe: First Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2003 | 10:29 PM
|
Coupe: First Service

Took my coupe in for an oil change after 3000km and almost 3 months. Had them fix the alignment, which helped reduce a minor pull to the right... apparently this is not an uncommon problem with coupes? Anyway, it's much better now.

Also had them replace a wiper blade (made it worse)... I also vow never to let them wash my car again! The interior was full of water marks and a few dirt stains *after* they washed it! Outside was little better... they replaced all the salt build up with water spots... Sigh, atleast it's above zero here for a day or two so I can wash it myself.

Anyway, just had to complain

On the positive side, it was nice and sunny and warm (read: +2) so I drove around with the windows open and the heater on full blast for awhile to listen to the engine.. sweet! People must have thought I was crazy.

Old 02-20-2003 | 10:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Re: Coupe: First Service

Naaaa, dude they were jealous as hell!!!!!!!![img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] . I too went for a little 'toot' with the windows down and the roof open.wow
Where was the service done? I think you told me you bought in Guelph. They should have been a lot more careful.[img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]
So I wonder what it is with Coupes that causes the pull to the right? Mine seems to be ok, but I'll watch more closely.
Wow you're not doing much driving either. I've done 900 klicks since Jan 7th!....... I feel like I've not been anywhere yet.
My gas mileage is still more like 20-22 in this weather (50/50 hwy/city) should improve but not as good as Sedan (preditably) {not as much fun either-[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]}
Good to hear from you, Pray for peace and sunshine [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
L8r

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red>

Old 02-22-2003 | 06:09 PM
Administrator

I'm actually quite impressed with the service at our local Infiniti dealer. They usually do a good job and do a nice job of cleaning the car including exterior wash, vacuuming the carpets, washing the all-season mats, wiping down the door sills.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 02-22-2003 | 06:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

I hear you on leaving the vehicle. Nobody, but nobody, is as careful as you are doing stuff on your car. Leaving the car is unavoidable sometimes, but I like doing my own maintenance and repairs when I can.
Gas mileage is predictably worse than the Sedan. So long as I can knock off about 26-28 on a trip (at 100-110 klicks) I'll be happy. This level of performance doesn't come cheap.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
COME ON SPRING hahahaha

Gord: I'll give 'em a call Monday.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/22/03 03:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-23-2003 | 07:07 PM

Im sure the dealer with also be happy to not to have to give you a free car wash.
It's funny how people can complain about something that is free!

Happy to hear how you are still happy with the car!

Old 02-24-2003 | 08:07 AM
|

Well, I was picking it up early, and they said they might not have time to wash it... so I told them don't bother with the car wash - it was snowy enough outside that by the time I got home it wouldn't have mattered.

But when I got there, they said they managed to squeeze it in... would have preferred they hadn't!