Canada Serving Canada.

A little taste of heaven...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008 | 03:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by shabarivas
WOW I WISH I LIVED IN THE SNO... man.. my G sounds soooo sick when its cold outside... Cali winters + windows down = me
Oh yea.. im sure u'd love it.......

for 5 minutes, and then you'd run into your house for the next 5 months until the weather goes higher than -10C!!

Oh the other hand, i heard FI G's loves cold dry air, and you could actually see an increase of 40-60WHP because of it. Traction though on the other hand is another story.

Old 03-04-2008 | 03:53 PM
Calling for 10-12 here by Thursday and through the weekend. I hope they're right!

Old 03-04-2008 | 04:55 PM
With the thaw over the last little while I could actually see the G. No room in the garage, so it's been head to head with the elements. Took it to work today. Sure beats driving the Jeep or the Van. I even gave it a quick wash at the local pay and spray. Can hardly wait for better weather. It had been so long I forgot where some of the controls were. OFS I guess. Use it or loose it.

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:47 PM
Global warming are you kipping no one was talking about that when it was -50 with the WC. I few warm days and it all about global warming keep buying into the propaganda....crank that Bit*# up I am always a little cold anyways. PS 40-60hp is like -80hp with no traction I had my car out on Friday no traction until the top of 3rd gear minivans were kicking my A$$ stop light to stop light.

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:55 PM
|
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/weather/5.html

This doesn't mean every place on earth will just get warmer. Some areas that are now warm and dry may get cooler and wetter. As the earth's atmosphere and oceans adjust, weather patterns may be altered that create unexpected changes in temperature and precipitation.

when i said that, i didn't mean that because it got hot, global warming caused it. What i meant is that because of global warming, we are experiencing unexpected changes in temperature, going from -35C with the Wind chill to +12 is pretty drastic and unexpected to me no?

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:02 PM
Ya I am just cranky I had a few bad days at work however still not convinced 40 years ago didnt have unexpected weather changes as well.

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:10 PM
|
oh you are right, im sure it was happening 40 years ago, i just think that back then, the social and government involvement surrounding the environment wasn't such a big deal, i mean considering the HUUUGE engines they were using in their camaros, chevelles, gto's, it wasn't that important for them. But then again it was mostly the americans' so who knows!

oh btw, about having no traction, cant you slowly start in 2nd gear.I have no clue , i drive AUTO, but im just wondering if you have no traction, cant you do that? or will it stall?

Old 03-05-2008 | 11:42 AM
I took Monday off to enjoy the warm weather. Got both my G and Civic cleaned up and put away for the next week whiles this trashy weather continues to stomp us.

Old 03-05-2008 | 06:48 PM
Man; you guys have to stop rubbing it in. It was zero last week and it hasn't peaked since then. -17C right now... Only thing to look forward to is -1C on Saturday!!

Old 03-05-2008 | 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Yeah stop.

You're getting me worked up too, thinking about those flowing curves .

yes, c'mon spring.
Haha. I literally LOLed when I read that.

Old 03-05-2008 | 08:58 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
Haha. I literally LOLed when I read that.
Good stuff.

Just to make you choke now= it's 10 pm here and it's +8.

Old 03-05-2008 | 09:11 PM
Good stuff.

Just to make you choke now= it's 10 pm here and it's +8.
+8 You tease.

It was sunny here all day but only reached a high of -2. I'm so glad the weather has improved a bit here, I really missed going for my walks. I went out last night and 3 times today. Just love it, and so does my pal Meg .

Old 03-06-2008 | 09:30 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
+8 You tease.

It was sunny here all day but only reached a high of -2. I'm so glad the weather has improved a bit here, I really missed going for my walks. I went out last night and 3 times today. Just love it, and so does my pal Meg .
Nope, true. I actually was out washing the cars.

Our snow is pretty well gone now other than banks still left. It's +1 here now and sunny, heading for +6 today and tomorrow. Saturday will be +10 when we get rain while Ontario is due for a wallop.

Nice to get out for walks. Hope Meg is still able to get around okay.

I miss my hours and hours of running every week.

Old 03-06-2008 | 09:47 AM
Nope, true. I actually was out washing the cars.

Our snow is pretty well gone now other than banks still left. It's +1 here now and sunny, heading for +6 today and tomorrow. Saturday will be +10 when we get rain while Ontario is due for a wallop.

Nice to get out for walks. Hope Meg is still able to get around okay.

I miss my hours and hours of running every week
Thanks for asking Deane, Meg is actually doing pretty good for a doggie that is almost 16 years old. I have to keep her on the leash now because she can't hear any commands now when we are out for our walkies.

I bet you are really looking forward to doing your runs on dry safe turf again. How are your injuries doing anyway?

Old 03-06-2008 | 09:31 PM
Ah you guys really need to stop with the +C temp ; haha.

Today at University I had to park at the crappy snow filled parking lot and take a bus to campus and all I could see on the riverbanks and everything besides the streets was endless amounts of white snow with no sign of life anywhere near it. It sure does get you depressed (never too early to start using Prozac ). There was an article in the free press today about it seeming like the coldest year ever; at least I am not the only one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A little taste of heaven...