Canada Serving Canada.

PIAA Super Rozza or Chrome Infiniti M45 or Volk GT-V/GTF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIAA Super Rozza or Chrome Infiniti M45 or Volk GT-V/GTF

Just was wondering what you guys would prefer and why.

I am kinda stuck between the Infiniti M45 Rims, the PIAA Super Rozza and the Volk GT-V/GT-F.

I like the M45 Rims but the lip is very small and it is 8.5 all around. The price is also good; at around $900 for a set of 4 chrome. Only vehicle I have seen them on is Joker's IP G35; and it looks quite sick. I am not sure if this is expected with chrome (only available) or if it is expected to look nice on a DG G35C at all;haha. The PIAA Super Rozza are my ideal pick; but the price (2600-2800 lowest quote) for a cast wheel; I am not to positive on. The Volk more or less is what I like since the stems are forged along with the lip (face is still cast); but the design is not as attractive as the PIAA or the M45 Rims. Price for them is probably about right (3-4k).

So I am not sure what to pick; do you guys think the quality/appeal difference of the PIAA qualify why it cost twice as much as the M45 Rims?

Old 03-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Tough call.. wheels are a very personal choice.
Keep in mind with the PIAA, it's not a normal cast.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You're the one who has to make the decision considering your finances, personal preferences, priorities etc. You've obviously thought it through well.

G/L

Old 03-15-2008, 03:59 PM
BMC
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
Just was wondering what you guys would prefer and why.

I am kinda stuck between the Infiniti M45 Rims, the PIAA Super Rozza and the Volk GT-V/GT-F.

I like the M45 Rims but the lip is very small and it is 8.5 all around. The price is also good; at around $900 for a set of 4 chrome. Only vehicle I have seen them on is Joker's IP G35; and it looks quite sick. I am not sure if this is expected with chrome (only available) or if it is expected to look nice on a DG G35C at all;haha. The PIAA Super Rozza are my ideal pick; but the price (2600-2800 lowest quote) for a cast wheel; I am not to positive on. The Volk more or less is what I like since the stems are forged along with the lip (face is still cast); but the design is not as attractive as the PIAA or the M45 Rims. Price for them is probably about right (3-4k).

So I am not sure what to pick; do you guys think the quality/appeal difference of the PIAA qualify why it cost twice as much as the M45 Rims?
FWIW, Since I'll be selling my Z soon, I'll also be getting rid of my Super Rozza's plus rubber in the next month or so, once I can find some time to take pics etc. Right now my stock setup is on my Z, and the wheels are just sitting in my garage. I'll come up with a Market Place posting next month.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ they won't last long

Old 03-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Rated M

^yeah.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:44 PM
I love the PIAA Super Rozza's, defintely love them. On the other hand you can never go wrong with volks. Tough call.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the input you guys. I really love the deep lip on the PIAA Super Rozza; and SBC definately is one of the nicest coats to get on it.

But I am thinking this is a real good bargain:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/4-OEM-19-CHROME-INFINITY-M45-G35-NISSAN-WHEELS-RIMS_W0QQitemZ220208743564QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43959QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Probably will be around $1600 shipped to my house. M35/M45 Rims are hard to come by; so just wanted to make sure I make the right decision before I bid on them.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
If finances permit go with Volks you wont regret it the quality shows. If you want a deep lip think of the GT-S I was looking at GT-V until I saw the larger lip of the GT-S. I have personally never been a big fan of PIAA super rossa. M45 rims if buget is the issue I would take them and spend the extra $$$$ on suspention upgrades. Be sure you are going to happy with the wheels you are going to choose its the most drastic apperence mod you will make on your car. My old GT-S to give you something to think about.

Attached Thumbnails PIAA Super Rozza or Chrome Infiniti M45 or Volk GT-V/GTF-copy-random-036.jpg  
Old 03-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
If finances permit go with Volks you wont regret it the quality shows. If you want a deep lip think of the GT-S I was looking at GT-V until I saw the larger lip of the GT-S. I have personally never been a big fan of PIAA super rossa. M45 rims if buget is the issue I would take them and spend the extra $$$$ on suspention upgrades. Be sure you are going to happy with the wheels you are going to choose its the most drastic apperence mod you will make on your car. My old GT-S to give you something to think about.
Thanks; only thing about the GT-S is that I am not a fan on the spoke design; but the lip is ridicously deep; that is quite sick. Looks really great on your car too.

My budget for modifications I have alotted for myself this year are:
$3000-$3800 for Rims
$1200 Tires
$1600 for Kuruma Z front Bumper
$800-$1000 Upgraded Sound System

With the M45 Rims; I allow myself an extra $2000 of spending money; which as you said; will probably go toward new set of lowering springs, Stillen Exhaust, and a G Tube/Stillen CAI, and I don't need to wait for summer to get my bumper installed... Sure becomes even more difficult when I factor in the economic cost of the Volks/PIAA; .

How much do you think a set of GT-V in Mercury Silver will run me? None of the sponsors gave me a really fixed price on my350z; and I will be calling Forged on Monday for the GT-F to see how much those will run me. I have a feeling $3800 won't cut it either; haha.

Last edited by Asad_A203; 03-15-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by BMC
FWIW, Since I'll be selling my Z soon, I'll also be getting rid of my Super Rozza's plus rubber in the next month or so, once I can find some time to take pics etc. Right now my stock setup is on my Z, and the wheels are just sitting in my garage. I'll come up with a Market Place posting next month.
Ha, Don't post in the market place!! You can just PM me . J/k; but if you are selling your PIAA Super Rozza; please let me know when you get the pictures up. I am trying to get my cousin to go check out some $2000 PIAA Super Rozzas in NJ from a my350Z member; just shows how bad I want these rims. Too bad I missed the promotion at upgrademotoring for a set of 4 for $1800.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Rated M

Ha, Don't post in the market place!! You can just PM me . J/k; but if you are selling your PIAA Super Rozza; please let me know when you get the pictures up. I am trying to get my cousin to go check out some $2000 PIAA Super Rozzas in NJ from a my350Z member; just shows how bad I want these rims. Too bad I missed the promotion at upgrademotoring for a set of 4 for $1800.
Asad, just click on his user name and go to his web page to see them on the car and the condition it's in. Assuming the price works for you both, that will seal the deal.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Asad, just click on his user name and go to his web page to see them on the car and the condition it's in. Assuming the price works for you both, that will seal the deal.
Thanks for that; might have overlooked that. The rims on his Z look very mint. PM sent!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 PM
BMC
Thanks for that; might have overlooked that. The rims on his Z look very mint. PM sent!
I love my G35 driver gang. I haven't even formally put them up for sale and everyone is helping me to facilitate a transaction anyway. Thanks guys. ha ha ha

Volks are great wheels too. It was a pain in the **** for me to get my wheels from over the border, what with the additional customs/duty charges etc. and I probably would have gone with a set of Volk SF Winnings for my Z but I wasn't willing to wait forever for the specific offset that I wanted.

I replied to your msg, Asad. You can email me at riderbmc@shaw.ca - I'm not a big fan of using PM's.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by BMC
I love my G35 driver gang. I haven't even formally put them up for sale and everyone is helping me to facilitate a transaction anyway. Thanks guys. ha ha ha

Volks are great wheels too. It was a pain in the **** for me to get my wheels from over the border, what with the additional customs/duty charges etc. and I probably would have gone with a set of Volk SF Winnings for my Z but I wasn't willing to wait forever for the specific offset that I wanted.

I replied to your msg, Asad. You can email me at riderbmc@shaw.ca - I'm not a big fan of using PM's.
Anytime Joel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PIAA Super Rozza or Chrome Infiniti M45 or Volk GT-V/GTF