Canada Serving Canada.

Installing Clear Corners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2003 | 11:16 PM
|
Installing Clear Corners

Hey guys,
I just received my clear corners from Japan. Toke less than 3 days. They make the car look awsome. I had problems installing the driver side one. The light bulb socket won't fit correctly. It wouldn't snap in tightly. So right now there is an opening on that side. I try pullling out the socket and replace it with the ones that came with the clear corners but i try pulling it for about 20 minutes and i got nowhere. it was stuck tight. I had no problem with the passanger side. I also change the light bulbs. Guess I try again this weekend when i got the time and a little bit warmer. Did anyone else got them and had problem with the damn light bulb socket?

Old 02-25-2003 | 11:33 PM
Re: Installing Clear Corners

Hey Aceit..
How much did you pay it for?

YNVMYG35

Old 02-25-2003 | 11:55 PM

Hi, Aceit:

How did you order them from Japan?
Do you mind sharing the info? I am sure many people wanna do it in this board as well... and a group deal might not be out ot the question if we know how to order...
Thank you for sharing...!

Btw, I thought someone in this board has already ordered a batch of them from Japan... what's the update on this? Anyone knows?

Old 02-26-2003 | 12:08 AM
|

Hey guy,
It cost me about $108 CAD, that's including shipping, credit charge and everything else. You just go to their website and fill in the form and they will email you back the next day with the estimate cost for everything and to see if you still want it. Don't believe they do group buys. I wouldn't wait for the guy down south. Don't think he is going to get it any cheaper and plus we will have to pay the inadditional cost of getting it to Canada. This way it is earier and quicker, it better than going through a middle person.

Old 02-26-2003 | 02:27 AM

Boooo...now I won't be the only one in Toronto with clear corners. It was good while it lasted.

AceIt > If anyone steals our clear corners we know that it's not either one of us ripping each other off. LOL

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-26-2003 | 04:19 AM

hmmm... $100+ dollars (CDN) sounds kinda steep...

btw, I remember not long ago cadillaccarl offered around $40US to make our OEM corners clear but we have to send them to him...

Now if I can get AceIt's OEM corners for under $10... ;-P

or...

Rumble: can you by any chance give us a detail instructions on how to make the OEM corners clear? I mean, what tools and materials as well as what kind of skill level do we need to accomplish this?

The more ppl have them the less chance you will have yours stolen~ :-)

Old 02-26-2003 | 06:41 AM

Please post some pics!!

Old 02-26-2003 | 07:32 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

AceIt > If anyone steals our clear corners we know that it's not either one of us ripping each other off. LOL

<hr></blockquote>

AceIt....Ahem, Ahem----doesn't that sound a little suspicious?

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red>

Old 02-26-2003 | 07:29 PM

SKYLINE_SDN > CadillacCarl did sell them for $40US, but nobody took up his offer. I don't know if he still wants to do them anymore. Yes you would have to send him your originals either after or before he makes your set depending on if he has one to make in advance. In terms of making them, I got CadillacCarl to hook me up with a pair. Making them takes machines and tools needed at Carl's work. I have no access to make the actual clear lense. The only thing you do yourself is split the amber cover from the backing. Then you have to spray the backing so that the corner will reflect (comes orange inside, stock). Then you attach the backing to Carl's clear lense. He was offering to do it all for $40US which is a good deal, just that nobody took his offer. Too bad!! [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

f2chow > Click my name and enter my registry for pictures of my clear corners.

gsedanman > I always got your back...why are you trying to imply something? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] LOL

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-26-2003 | 07:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Hey Rumble, hahaha all fun dude. I think Stalker might be planing something 'special' tho. HMMMMMMMM. Just make sure you've got my back, cuz he might try to stick a 4' wing on my butt. or something [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW when you put on your clear corners, did they go back on nice and tight or did they end up loose? Someone posted recently that had trouble making them fit like stock.
Also did you change the bulb in yours?
L8r dude.......

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/26/03 04:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-27-2003 | 10:36 AM

Hey, take it easy stallion, I am not going anywhere near anyone's butt

If mods are tastefully done, I would love to see it. There are only few things that I would've wanted to do on a G: Clear corner, tinting, side sill painting and the signaling mirror. Given my G is black, luckily, I didn't really have to paint the sidesill and tinting ( a black car with dark tinted windows is a pimp car IMO), clear corner, it's a 50/50, the stock amber one doesn't look too bad on a black. Plus, if I get the OEM signaling mirror cover, it's gonna be amber as well, so they'll match.

G35: Black with Willow/Canadian Premium Package.
Z3: Silver with Red leather interior.

Old 02-27-2003 | 12:36 PM

gsedanman > I know your joking...all in good fun right? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] The clear corners fit perfectly and snapped back in. Wasn't at all loose and yes, I did change the bulbs to superwhite. When I get my turn signal mirrors, I may change the bulbs to amber so they match.

stalker > I personally think the clear corners with amber bulbs would look MUCH better on a black car than the amber corners, but that's my opinion.

Next Toronto meet, I do not mind taking my clear corners off to let you guys test to see how they look on your cars. It'll give you a good idea of how nice they really look on your specific colour. Just don't drive away after I put them on for you. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] haha!!

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-27-2003 | 02:37 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Stalker-- I sent you a P/M
Rumble-- You even need to ask if I'm joking....of course! and I hope that everyone else knows that too! I was playing along. Was that so hard to see?
Peace bros
GSM

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red>