Canada Serving Canada.

Any good paint shops?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any good paint shops?

My dad is looking into getting his car re-painted. We were quoted $1500 just for touch-up work (rock chips, scratches), but I think that's a little extreme. Anyone know any good shops in the GTA/Toronto area?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prochilo Bros on Toryork Drive, (finch and weston rd)

Old 06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It all depends on the job you want I'd start at 427 auto, get a quote, then go from there.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 PM
+1 on 427, they work on really high end cars too, i.e ferraris,, maseratis, etc.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Want a full paint job on the Nissan Armada. No special colour (although you never know...), but most likely going to stick with the stock silver colour. It's just that there are rock chips everywhere and they're starting to rust. We did get a quote from a shop for ~$2000 to repaint/refinish everything but the doors and roof. But I'm worried if the colour of the doors may stand out. Oh well, no harm in getting a quote for the whole vehicle at the shops you guys have recommended. Thanks!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by hullio
Want a full paint job on the Nissan Armada. No special colour (although you never know...), but most likely going to stick with the stock silver colour. It's just that there are rock chips everywhere and they're starting to rust. We did get a quote from a shop for ~$2000 to repaint/refinish everything but the doors and roof. But I'm worried if the colour of the doors may stand out. Oh well, no harm in getting a quote for the whole vehicle at the shops you guys have recommended. Thanks!
Get them to do some blending and you'll be fine.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 AM
you can try MS Auto there @ hwy 7 tel:905 910 6767 ask for Tom really nice guy and good pricing.

Just let him know that mike with the white G sent you

Old 06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by martino17_1998
+1 on 427, they work on really high end cars too, i.e ferraris,, maseratis, etc.
they worked on my moms 94 grand am and I have been to their shop many times. They do work on some nice rides but I wouldnt send my ferrari to a place that was also working on a grand am

If you want high end work and prices to go along with it go to Grand Touring Auto Body on Caledonia rd. Those guys only work on high end cars and they would probably turn you away with a ride valued under 80K but nothing is written in stone.

427 does decent work tough.

You can also check out castle auto collision on castlefield & dufferin they do good work, my buddy chris runs the shop you can ask for him and tell him Frank sent you. His cousin Steve built the motor in my camaro and Chris painted my 93 Prelude a while back.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Great shop in Vaughan (Weston & Langstaff) called International Automobile & Custom. They prepped and painted my KurumaZ and it turned out fantastic. They have a state of the art drive-in 'dust free' down draft paint booth. They can even match the factory orange peel! Trust me ive seen the cars in their shop before I decided to go with them. They are a little pricy (i think) but the colour match and quality is second to none.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggity
they worked on my moms 94 grand am and I have been to their shop many times. They do work on some nice rides but I wouldnt send my ferrari to a place that was also working on a grand am

If you want high end work and prices to go along with it go to Grand Touring Auto Body on Caledonia rd. Those guys only work on high end cars and they would probably turn you away with a ride valued under 80K but nothing is written in stone.

427 does decent work tough.

You can also check out castle auto collision on castlefield & dufferin they do good work, my buddy chris runs the shop you can ask for him and tell him Frank sent you. His cousin Steve built the motor in my camaro and Chris painted my 93 Prelude a while back.
I wouldn't send my Ferrari there either. 427 is a collision center. A good one, but still. I recommended them because it will be a good baseline price for a "reasonable" deal. I find them to offer the best prices (imo) for what I consider to be an above average job. There are definitely better places, like European, Vetteworks, etc.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GsgottaG
Great shop in Vaughan (Weston & Langstaff) called International Automobile & Custom. They prepped and painted my KurumaZ and it turned out fantastic. They have a state of the art drive-in 'dust free' down draft paint booth. They can even match the factory orange peel! Trust me ive seen the cars in their shop before I decided to go with them. They are a little pricy (i think) but the colour match and quality is second to none.
I need to get my front bumper touched up and repainted. Also need to paint my rear splash guards. I will do this in the spring. International Automobile & Custom in Vaughn seems like the place to go? I'm just basing it on GsgottaG's review.

I will get a price from 427 first as a reference.

I just want it done right the first time. I've seen some horrible repainted bumpers that clearly shows they cut corners everywhere. The paint usually falls off like flakes...

Can someone else vouch for International Automobile & Custom?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
They are more of a custom shop than a body/paint shop.
They do a little bit of everything.
I have had some mech work done there & they are OK.
JMO, but personally I would find someone that specializes in body & paint.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Redline Custom Workx Inc in rexdale... Painted roof, Rear diffuser and side mirrors .