Canada Serving Canada.

Markham Infiniti Sucks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Markham Infiniti Sucks!

So I went by Markham Infiniti to see if the technicians can take a look at my powertrain. I had a complaint about 2nd to 3rd gear shift and my clutch pedal is very stiff. So after the service manager gave me a hard time, he agreed to get a technician to take it for a spin. He mentioned to me that if its a clutch issue, they don't cover any of it under my powertrain warranty, but I thought that was weird because I know of a few guys that have got their tranmission, clutch plate replaced except for the flywheel, and he said no thats not possible.

Besides that he told me that the car has never been taken into the dealer to get any warranty work done, and I said sure as far as I know. He was basically implying that I did this to my car. I service my car all of the time and take car of it. I have had the car since February and driven it about 10K.

So a young technician takes my car for a spin, about 10km and came back and said he didn't notice any gear trouble but noticed the stiff clutch, and that was it. Then they recommended that I have the clutch assmebly replaced but not under warranty. I was pretty pissed off and told the service manager that their service was sh*t and I walked out.

I need to know if the clutch is covered under the powertrain warranty, are they right or wrong? Where can I take my car assessed right and treated fairly?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The clutch is considered a wear item and is not covered under warranty.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
But you are right, Markham Infiniti is sh*t. They have scratched my interior and left a few bolts loose in multiple occasions. One of them was from replacing a power window assembly, and the tech forgot to tighten it. I called Customer Service to complained about it. I wouldn't take my car there.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you taken the time to review your owners manual and warranty information?

The clutch is covered for 72 months or 110,000 kms if it is for a warrantable defect and rendered unusable due to a failure of a covered component. If replacement is required due to wear and tear it is not covered.

With all of the double talk and wear mention it appears you'll have a hard time getting coverage, although there are some on here that have.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Hoss, if it's not too far of a travel for you I would try Oakville Infiniti, a lot of people have good service there, Guelph Infiniti is another shop where people have been pleased with the service.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^Another is Doner in Newmarket, they always treated me good.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes I was thinking about going to Oakville Infiniti, the car was actually leased from there, I will go there and check it out, thanks

Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I wasn't too impressed with Markham Infiniti when I was there. Didn't get any service work done though.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Go to Oakville Infiniti. A few months ago, I made an appointment with Markham to check my clutch, but when they told me over the phone that they have never worked on a Gcoupe before, it sent red flags.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Cnkboy
Go to Oakville Infiniti. A few months ago, I made an appointment with Markham to check my clutch, but when they told me over the phone that they have never worked on a Gcoupe before, it sent red flags.
Unbelievable, where were their Infinti technicians

Old 08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arthur, are you experiencing any 2nd to 3rd gear grind?

I had that issue with my transmission and got it replaced under warranty. As part of the transmission warranty replacement, Nissan mandates that the clutch disc (friction plate) must be replaced which they cover, however all of the other components of the clutch are not covered.

Basically if its a clutch issue, you are more than likely going to have to pay for it yourself.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
i don't mean to revive this old thread, but i have another story for markham infiniti:

https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...ml#post5568186

Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 PM
^ So your saying it would be in our best interest to give Markham Infiniti a go for all our service, sales and parts needs?

Old 12-08-2011, 12:21 PM
delete

Last edited by BillStevens; 02-24-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: delete
Old 12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Markham infiniti's bill stephens = scammer

Hello Readers,

Please accept this as a formal apology and retractment of all the negative things that have been said about Markham Infiniti and GM Bill Stephen on this forum under this username. They are a standup organization in the business of selling and repairing cars honestly. They DO NOT scam clients and DO NOT make false promises. The comments regarding gouging customers with fraudulent repairs and not honoring warranty issues were also FALSE. Bill Stephen is an honest GM and DOES NOT lie to his clients. I also would like to apologize to the current and future customers of this dealership, as well as Bill's family for any concern you may have experienced after reading the erroneous posts. You can rest assured you are in good hands with Bill Stephen and his staff at Markham Infiniti. I hope my error in judgement can remind others that in the age of electronic communications, your voice can be heard by a very wide audience and as such, your posts should be honest, respectful, and with class. I am saddened that these posts did not meet any of that criteria. Please accept this retractment as the comments made were false and not at all representative of Markham Infiniti nor Bill Stephen. They have built a strong business on good values and integrity. My sincerest apologies for the damage caused.

Thank you

Last edited by BillStevens; 02-24-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: retractment

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Markham Infiniti Sucks!