Canada Serving Canada.

Freakin' Hail!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahahahahahahah my comment was removed!!!!!!!!! its because i said a BMW blocked my to leave me in out in the hail so another bmw to go there. i think its because he has a bmw and he knows how bmw drives can be like and he doesnt want to admit it. its ok you can delete this comment too

Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by zeidik
hahahahahahahah my comment was removed!!!!!!!!! its because i said a BMW blocked my to leave me in out in the hail so another bmw to go there. i think its because he has a bmw and he knows how bmw drives can be like and he doesnt want to admit it. its ok you can delete this comment too
wut?
nothing was removed.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like our paint our sheet metal is soft /week/what ever you want to call it.. had the G covered park next to my 08 pont. The G got 17 dings the pont. had no dings and was not covered..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
wut?
nothing was removed.
Post #19 zeidik. Still there. Now, get back on your meds!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh lol sorry haha my friend said he couldnt find my post so i didnt look and thought it was removed lol myyy bad

Old 05-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by BB_Sam
Thanks for this Gordon. I'll call Thilan Monday morning and see about getting an estimate.
Well, the shocking news --> I have 120 dents from the hail
I prefer to do the paintless dent removal because the thought of having the whole car painted is disturbing -- if I sold the car, wouldn't someone think the car was in a major accident if they knew it had been repainted?

This sure sucks....

Last edited by BB_Sam; 06-13-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by BB_Sam
Well, the shocking news --> I have 120 dents from the hail Estimate to repair the car is $2,000!

I prefer to do the paintless dent removal because the thought of having the whole car painted is disturbing -- if I sold the car, wouldn't someone think the car was in a major accident if they knew it had been repainted?

This sure sucks....
Hi Brad,

For an estimate of that size you should look into making the insurance claim and paying the deductable. That sucks...

Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^+1....
That really sucks Brad.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the condolences all.

Decided I have to claim this under my insurance. I was away last week so I haven't done anything yet.

Earlier today, I was "showing off" the damage to a friend and he pointed out that I have a hairline "S" shaped crack on the inside of each headlight (i.e. one on each side). I did a search on the Forum and found that others have had this problem and it was covered under warranty. My G is a 2003 so I doubt it's still covered under warranty -- any chance this type of crack was caused by the hail? I honestly never noticed this before. Maybe i could claim it under the same loss? Thoughts? Feelings? opinions?

Don't mean to change the topic of this thread but it is somewhat related to the original hail damage.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Brad,

Was just talking to one of my friends who works in the insurance industry and it is conceiveable that the damage to your headlights could be a result of the hail as well. I would say give it a try, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain....

Good Luck

Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Gordon
Hi Brad,

Was just talking to one of my friends who works in the insurance industry and it is conceiveable that the damage to your headlights could be a result of the hail as well. I would say give it a try, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain....

Good Luck
Yeah, I called the Infiniti dealership and was told that the headlights are somewhat sensitive to shocks/hits and they also thought it was plausible that the damage could have been caused by the hail. I will try to claim it and hope for the best. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I put in my insurance claim. Now I have to make a choice -- to have the car repaired through the paintless dent removal or the old fashioned way where they have to repaint the car (since there are 120 dents all over the place, the whole car would have to be repainted).

Here's why I'm even considering repainting the car (see photo), my coupe has a trim along the side doors. I did not remove it when I bought the car since it would likely have left a discoloured line from the trim removal. If I have to repaint the car anyway, now would be a good time to remove the trim.

Anyone think it's worth having the car repainted? or should I just leave the trim and go with the paintless dent removal?

Attached Thumbnails Freakin' Hail!!!!!-g35coupe.jpg  
Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi Brad,

I would suggest getting the paintless dent removal done.

Contact Kevin (aka Picus) to take a look at your car to see if there anything that can be done if you remove the trim and there is discolouration.

That's my .02

Old 06-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If it costs you the same, I'd have the whole car painted with a really good quality paint and hard clearcoat. Include in the price at least two hours by Kevin to do a new car prep to the paint and he'll go over it to make sure the shop did as required. He'll also be able to tell you which paint and clearcoat to use. Just my two cents.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I may try to get them to take off the trim first and see if there's any discolouration and then decide about repainting.

The good news out of this whole thing is that apparently I had coverage on my auto policy called a "disappearing deductible" which reduces the deductible I have to pay by 20% for each year I am claims free. My deductible was $1,000 but i have been claims free for over 5 years so the insurance company said my deductible is ZERO! So, all repairs and the car rental I will need during the repair period will be free!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Freakin' Hail!!!!!