Canada Serving Canada.

Ontario Speeding Ticket Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn everybody's getting caught. Well guess what? Next time i go down south....imma bring back some "RADARS"....they sell it at best buy in the states lol

Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^which are illegal lol but hey better that then getting cought with the new law, and i only say that cuz that law is fraud

Old 05-19-2009, 04:49 AM
why go all the way down there to buy one? You can buy them in Canada too.

If I'm not mistaken, the OP got a summons to court, not a ticket. Slightly different things. That is why there is no fine on the ticket.

If this was a normal ticket you could show up to court and talk to the prosecutor. They would mention whether or not they were willing to drop the the charge to something smaller. You could then agree to the smaller charge and plead guilty. Or if they say they are not wiling to drop the charge you would like to request disclosure. This would end up postponing the trial to another date. You have the right to see the evidence against you. So ask for it. Take the later court date and decide whether you want to come back and fight it, or stay out of the province.

But I'm not sure if this will work in your situation if they gave you a summons. I still think you have the right to see the evidence before they can proceed with a trial.

Last edited by knight_yyz; 05-19-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
radars r illlegal here.....by the law unless there in the back of a truck or trunk, sealed, and not operational, theresss a bigg fine and ticket. The guns the cops use can pick up if theres another radar looking for it or a jammer out there

Old 05-19-2009, 08:50 AM
thays why you keep a sealed envelope and by the time the cop comes to ur car you put it in the envelope with another address and the cop has no legal right to open it and on top of that the bell sti and other ones are completely non detectable and if you say cop upgrade their software so do radars. its just a matter of if you really want to spend big bucks on a radar cuz if it saves you from a speeding/racing ticket its hella worth it for 300 bucks no demerit and its a bylaw ticket lol.

canada is one of the few countries that doenst allow radars cuz the gov here wants more money best way to get that ---> Racing Law, which btw makes them so much money that last year they had a big amount of money in donations (i donated lol ) and this year they had one of their all time lows in donations and no cop station complained like they usually did in previous years, i wonder why they arent caring about donations anymore..

Last edited by zeidik; 05-19-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by zeidik
thays why you keep a sealed envelope and by the time the cop comes to ur car you put it in the envelope with another address and the cop has no legal right to open it and on top of that the bell sti and other ones are completely non detectable and if you say cop upgrade their software so do radars. its just a matter of if you really want to spend big bucks on a radar cuz if it saves you from a speeding/racing ticket its hella worth it for 300 bucks no demerit and its a bylaw ticket lol.

canada is one of the few countries that doenst allow radars cuz the gov here wants more money best way to get that ---> Racing Law, which btw makes them so much money that last year they had a big amount of money in donations (i donated lol ) and this year they had one of their all time lows in donations and no cop station complained like they usually did in previous years, i wonder why they arent caring about donations anymore..

ya exactly.....the government just wants money from the citizens. But since it's illegal in canada and no one ever uses it....i don't think the cop will have radar detectors. I guess if ur driving a tuned g or z....it's fun to have a radar and just jam the brakes everytime you hear the radar beep.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM
my friend has some nice system in his car, cost him about 1200$ US.... but he needs it cant go slow in a 650whp porche haha