Canada Serving Canada.

The sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Seems like a lot of money to spend for quicker throttle response.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by firepride
ya installed it quite a while ago and yes there a difference. But from the likes of it and from what i hear from ram and zeidek, seems like the sprint booster does wayyy better. I no the grounding kit works buh there boosting the sprint booster like its a mini turbo or sumtin lol. So untill i drive one with is in it, or get it myself, wont be able to compare
Yup, I would like to drive, or be in the passengers seat to see/hear for myself. Maybe at one of the next meets someone would be so kind.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Yup, I would like to drive, or be in the passengers seat to see/hear for myself. Maybe at one of the next meets someone would be so kind.
You should've asked me at the meet, I've have one in my coupe for about a year now. I can definitely say that the throttle response is greatly improved with no lag that cars with drive-by-wire typically exhibit.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
So Gordan do you recommend this over the grounding kit?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordon
You should've asked me at the meet, I've have one in my coupe for about a year now. I can definitely say that the throttle response is greatly improved with no lag that cars with drive-by-wire typically exhibit.
Now that I know ......
Thanks Gordon

Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by stclairwest
So Gordan do you recommend this over the grounding kit?
Actually I have both the grounding kit and the sprint booster. If anything the grounding kit appears to make the electronics on the car run smoother. The sprint booster makes the throttle respond quicker something that the grounding kit alone will not be able to achieve.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the end. I would recommend doing both. But if you are only able to do one, you'll probably feel more of a noticeable difference with the sprint booster.

When I bought the sprint booster about a year ago at the dent repair meet at Tires23, they didn't try to sell it to me, they just installed it in my car and told me to try it out and if I didn't like it they would remove it. After I went out for a little spin, I was sold It's been on the car ever since....

Just be aware that the sprint booster does not in any way add more HP, just removes the lag in the throttle response inherent in drive-by-wire throttles. With the quicker throttle response the car appears more responsive and livlier.

Hope this helps make your decision a little easier, if not try it out for yourself.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
i just tried the sprint booster and it really made a difference, it pushed me right in my seat, big noticable difference.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Need to try this outt

Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 AM
damn.. went to the timmies (kennedy/401) late so didn't have time to msg everyone. firepride, we'll meet up this weekend or something... I met up with Mister_C and let him try out my sprintbooster.... i hope it put a smile on his face by now... maybe someone else can give it a try after him ... gonna let him drive around with it for a couple of days to really feel the difference

I'm currently in the process of training myself to drive WITHOUT the sprintbooster + spacers and other mods, JUST so i can have that sweet feeling again when i finally put the sprintbooster back in.. (in about 1-2 weeks) ... yes.. its that big of a different.. especially if you have the power (via mods)

p.s: sprintbooster does reduce mileage though... and its because with the better response, you tend to push the car a bit more..

Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks t7n7. Had plenty of opportunity to have fun with the sprint booster on the way home! Yes there is a big difference in the way the car responds to the throttle now. It feels a lot more responsive and sporty. Half way home got off the 401 and took some back roads so I could put it in manual mode and try shifting at some different speeds. Again big difference in manual mode as well. It also made the manual mode shifts quicker and smoother too. Shifting up and down was smoother with this installed. I could see this adding a small amount of performance gains on the car. Without it installed even when I floored the car it still didn't get up and go as much as it does now. Not that it pulls harder just gets going a little quicker.

Overall I really like it! Will most likely try and get one. If a few people on here are thinking of getting one we should do a GROUP BUY!

Also I hope you made home ok last night! Since you posted up here I assume you made it!

Thanks again man!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
hehe, ya i made it home thanks to my buddy.. it was the gauges.. they do more then what we think! and thank you for the 3 attempts to reboost my car..

I think our "quick meet" went well, considering, you got to see the sprintbooster, the tint, projector, bumpers and experience some hardcore wiring down under the steering column lol....

I'll be able to install the sprintbooster a LIL faster now...

the groupbuy sounds great...

p.s: be careful in manual mode though... since your able to downshift to gear 1 at higher speeds, there is a chance of stalling your car or even jerking it enough for you to freak out... (without the sprintbooster, the car will not downshift from 2nd to 1st unless its safe.. but with the booster, anything goes)

i'm sure there are other people here that have had the sprintbooster for a much longer time, it doesn't help the other members if you don't let them know. not to mention, answering a few questions...

Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
haha I'm glad your car is all good now.

Ya that tint is so cool! If I manage to scrounge up some extra cash I would love to get some for my car.

And yes I noticed about the gears. Depending on what's going on sometimes the car will not downshift but with the sprint booster it downshifts as long as you tell it too. Much better for track use

Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I dont know about you guys but im sure mine can downshift to 1

Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm up for a group buy

Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by stclairwest
I dont know about you guys but im sure mine can downshift to 1
all cars will downshift to 1 but only when its safe. Say for exmaple ure in second and up around 6000 rpm and downshift, it wont come down

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The sprintbooster