Canada Serving Canada.

2003 G35 coupe driver side window rolls down on its own

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 2003 G35 coupe driver side window rolls down on its own

Do anyone have this problem? My car did this occasionally for 4-5 months now but due to summer time I have my window down often so I noticed it happen quite frequent lately. I would clicked the auto roll up and it will automatically go up and then roll down a few inches and stop there, sometimes just once but most of the time it will just keep doing it until I hold the button or take my key of the ignition.(While in parked of coz). I called the dealer they told me its something need to adjust so it's not going to be under my extended warranty, it's that true?

The following users liked this post:
J D (08-29-2021)
Old 07-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I've got the same problem. IIRC, it is the regulator that's off. Vic at Simone's told me he could try a reset but no guarantee it would work. That would cost about 1/2 -1/3 of replacing it. I just lift the switch part way up and the window will go to the top and stay there. There is a DIY thread for this problem on the forum, but I haven't tried it. A search might help.

J D (08-29-2021)
Old 07-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tried fixing this problem on my sedan this weekend by resetting the window motor. Didn't work for me so something else is wrong... I've seen some threads say that if the reset doesn't work then the whole motor needs to be replaced; I'm not sure, perhaps it's just some adjustment that needs to be done. Would love to hear from others who've tried the reset without success and what you did after.

I would of liked to have the auto function working, but I've gotten used to doing one window manually so as long as it still opens/closes it's not too bad.

J D (08-29-2021)
Old 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had mine to the same thing intermittantly... I think I'm just fat fingering the switch...

Old 07-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
I suggest you take a priest into your car to cleanse the ssshh out of it.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 AM
mine does it all the time....

Old 07-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by speeddream
I suggest you take a priest into your car to cleanse the ssshh out of it.
hahaha that's funny! Ooo I'm so scare now lol

Old 07-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by 350GT-DOT
Did you buy this vehicle new?? I had a evo previously that had the same issue and I know it may not relate to the G but perhaps the same concept. It so happened that I pulled the whole door down and noticed that the window that had the problem was somehow adjusted slightly higher in comparison with the other (perhaps previous work done and was not put together properly). So when I rolled the window up with the auto-roll-up.. it would max out and hit the very top of the door frame which allowed a safety feature to kick in and roll the window down a couple inches. So I was able to adjust the metal bar that was holding up the glass slightly lower. Never had the problem again. Perhaps that may be the issue I hope this helps.
I'm not sure what it is really, ask me about car parts and name..you will totally lost me. I've had the regulator and window(both side) replaced new in 2007 under warranty at the dealer due to some scratches on window. I still have the extended warranty until next yr, but I need to know what it is. Dealer told me its not cover and wants me to pay for "diagnostic fee" and the work .... I always think those guys just want to get $$ out of us, I don't trust them that's why I'm here trying to find some answers.... Does anyone have the problem and have it fixed??

Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by whatacar
Oh thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Talking about pulling the door down lol, I still can't figure it out how to roll the window "manually". I don't have any handle that I can roll manually, how do you do it
"G35fromTO" ???
And another silly question, my 03 Coupe if I hold my remote for 2-3 sec I can roll the windows down remotely. I did played with it a few times, maybe that cause it you think??

Old 07-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by NEVVRRL8
Talking about pulling the door down lol, I still can't figure it out how to roll the window "manually". I don't have any handle that I can roll manually, how do you do it
"G35fromTO" ???
And another silly question, my 03 Coupe if I hold my remote for 2-3 sec I can roll the windows down remotely. I did played with it a few times, maybe that cause it you think??
When they say manually, they are talking about *holding* the button to put the window up or down rather than the *auto -single click* feature of the window button.

Also your remote has nothing to do with you problem, keep using it

Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 AM
^What he said. My driver's side starting to rolldown after I auto-closed it a few months ago. Did the reset and its been perfect since.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by zeadlots
I've had mine to the same thing intermittantly... I think I'm just fat fingering the switch...
...I do that all the time.
For me, I think it's because the switch travel is very short before the 'click'

Old 07-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine does it all the time too. One touch up can't be used as a result.

A couple of times it's done it when I've gotten out of the car, ignition off. You have to turn around and look at the car to make window hasn't come down. Dealer has reset it about 6 times for me. I should have made them switch it out before warranty ended.

J D (08-29-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 G35 coupe driver side window rolls down on its own