Canada Serving Canada.

Any Radar Detectors good for Canada?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Radar Detectors good for Canada?

Hi guys

Just got coup a few days ago and becuase I had switched from an SUV to one of these, i felt the road so much more that I didnt speed at all. Well I'm getting use to the speed now and the sound of the engine and muffler tease me to go faster.
I was wondering if any of you gents had any advice on how you watch your speed or if anyone has a radar dector, tell me if they work and if the current one was are invisible to the detector detectors the cops have.

thanks
Juke

Old 08-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Re: Any Radar Detectors good for Canada?

Dude of course radar detectors work. Im just trying to make sense of your message, its a little confuzing. Anyhow I strongly recommend purchasing the Valentine One, its #1 as far as I know. You would probably have to pick one up from the States. It should have VG2 Technology which does not allow for Police to detect them. Enjoy your new G35coupe, its a great car!

Old 08-22-2004, 07:56 PM

Hey
thanks for the info.
Well what I meant by the detector detectors are the devices cops have to detect peoples detectors! I know thats sounds messed up but i heard they do infact have them and poor models are picked up easily by the cops and so they pull you over and spank you.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The V-1 is virtually invisible to the VG2 radar detector detector used most widely by North American police forces. And yes, some cheaper detectors, especially the older or cheaper BELs can easily be detected by the VG2. They'll even set off other radar detectors!

90% of the time, when I show a Ka band hit coming from behind showing on my V-1, I look in my rear veiw mirror and the car that's just pulled up behind me has a cheap BEL stuck on his window. I'm sure it's not just BELs, but they seem to be one of the most popular of the older models and discounted heavily.

Like most detectors, the V-1 is not invisible to the new Spectre radar detector detector. I've heard that Ontario is now trialing at least one. Valentine is working on this as well as a few other upgrades with its newest version yet to come.

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>