Canada Serving Canada.

Oh Man the repairs are killing me!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have two friends who are mechanics. I buy parts they charge me dirt and a pint. Seriously though all cars are money pits!

Old 10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shawn87
Dude... count yourself lucky. In 11 months, I spent over 5000 on 'necessary' repairs for my G AND I got most of my parts for cheap from that Dave guy on the cheap parts thread I started. This is one of the main reasons I sold, because I found the quality wasnt what i expected, and after a while the thrill of driving was over shadowed with the next fear of the next repair bill. I didnt beat my car, I always kept it in mint condition. What a headache.

Good luck!
So true, did you decide on a car yet?
What were the big items that brought you up to $5K?

I've been lucky so far, the G has been holding up... after fixing both compression rods, window motor and swapping a double din cause stock radio went crazy... I'm so happy I don't have a rev-up motor because of oil issues...

Old 10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by netcbc
So true, did you decide on a car yet?
What were the big items that brought you up to $5K?

I've been lucky so far, the G has been holding up... after fixing both compression rods, window motor and swapping a double din cause stock radio went crazy... I'm so happy I don't have a rev-up motor because of oil issues...
Nope: Currently on a 6 month medical suspension so driving isnt an issue anymore, or choosing a new car, which sucks.

The day after I bought my G, the HID balast blew. Then I had to change upper control arms and compression rods. Then I had my Brembos changed, which led to ABS problems. After extensive diagnositics I had the wheel bearings changed out to fix the porblem. There were some other things that happened I used to have a list but i cant remember the rest.

Expenses not included on the 5 Gs, the stereo was going so I dropped a JDM double din kit with remote start and alarm that ran me $3500 bucks. Two sets of tires (Toyo T1Rs for Volks and all season set for stock rims).

I clearly remember with the list including my stereo my tally was at $7800... so dumb. When I look back at how much that car cost me, i could have bought a brand new luxury car for the same price, with warranty. The G, no matter how much I loved it, was just one headache after another... hence why i only own it for 11 months.

The guy who bought it was one lucky sob because I had changed pretty much every possible operating component that could have gone on her.
I wonder if he joined the forum...?

Old 10-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ wow insane, well I put in Basics and SPC camber kit front/back so that should save the OEM parts some life. DD I could've lived with but I wanted to do it anyway, how ironic the hands free law had recently come in, I'm using the bluetooth thing all the time now. If I didn't have the G paid off I'd be thinking of alternatives right about now.

How much did you sell your volks for? I'm comtemplating selling my le37 and getting a set of oem 19s......