Canada Serving Canada.

Damn Weatherman!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2010 | 06:27 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
wow...that wind is really going to be nasty with the snow.
We go about 3cm in a gentle all day snow, but I'm sure our day is coming.

Old 01-01-2010 | 06:47 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
^ Sounds like you've had a pretty tame winter so far Ian. Hopefully it will continue for you guys. 2009 really sucked for us weather wise. The winter was brutal with a sh!tload of snow. The summer was the wettest on record and the fall was also very rainy. November was a very pleasant surprise though as it much warmer than normal. I even had the top down in the S2K a couple of times in November before I put it away. Hopefully 2010 will be a better year for us weather wise.

Old 01-02-2010 | 08:28 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Hope you're not being hammered Shane.

We got about 15cm and another 15 on the way although supposed to be mixed with rain today. High is for +3 later today, tonight and tomorrow. I think you're going to get something similar. Should be quite a mess.

The high winds later coincide with high tide so there is major risk of flooding and damage on the coastline. It's supposed to be bad on the Northumberland Strait and here on the east coast.

Cape Breton is going to see winds up to 160km.

This stuff is pretty well powder and something we don't often see. The snow blower just shot right through this light fluffy crap!

Old 01-02-2010 | 10:33 AM
|
Traveling Administrator
Enjoy the fluffy white stuff while it lasts I guess Deane. It's gonna be a mess later when it's mixed with rain.

Stay safe down there and hopefully the high winds won't cause too much trouble for us.

Old 01-20-2010 | 03:52 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
So on Monday the weatherman was calling for 10cms of snow. We didn't get a single flake. Today, they were calling for 2-4cms of snow. Guess what, I just got in from snowblowing the driveway and there is easily 25cms of snow down....maybe more.......and it's still snowing to beat hell. How the fvck can they be THAT wrong???

The thing that really pissed me off the most is that I always drive my wife and daughter on days when it's storming bad. Since they were only calling for 2-4cms today I didn't drive them this morning. Now it's damn blizzard outside and I'm worried as hell for her driving home. Arrrrggghh!!

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
wow...
They are often wrong, but it's hard to believe they could be THAT wrong.

.... is A. driving the G Shane?

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:12 PM
You know Shane, they havn't been to on the ball here either. They havn't really told us any more than we can figure out by just looking out the window.
If the Mrs is nervous and you're worried just pick them up and leave her car there overnight.

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:18 PM
^^^What Paul said.
We have been very lucky here with the weather this year.

Shane, you can always join us next month.

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:25 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
wow...
They are often wrong, but it's hard to believe they could be THAT wrong.

.... is A. driving the G Shane?
Yep, she drives the G every day.

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:29 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
You know Shane, they havn't been to on the ball here either. They havn't really told us any more than we can figure out by just looking out the window.
If the Mrs is nervous and you're worried just pick them up and leave her car there overnight.
She's not the one nervous, I am. lol

Got a call from her and she's now on her way home.

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:30 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
^^^What Paul said.
We have been very lucky here with the weather this year.

Shane, you can always join us next month.
Would LOVE to Wayne!!

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Yep, she drives the G every day.
lol... so that would be you picking them up in the S2K

Old 01-20-2010 | 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
She's not the one nervous, I am. lolGot a call from her and she's now on her way home.
Shane I was thinking about you and the worries with Annisa driving in the winter. I know you have the best snows on your G, but a few years back, I went through the same worries with Karen and her daily 60 mile trip 3 days a week during the winter. That is the exact reason why I bought our first G35X in 2005. Karen would come home during a snowfall and walk in the house with a big grin telling me no problem with that stuff and how she loved it. That was the start of our X cars.

You have your great summer play car (S2K), and the for winters an X (G35X or FX35) would make it just a bit more comfortable for your unexpected dumps of snow.

Old 01-20-2010 | 06:33 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
Shane I was thinking about you and the worries with Annisa driving in the winter. I know you have the best snows on your G, but a few years back, I went through the same worries with Karen and her daily 60 mile trip 3 days a week during the winter. That is the exact reason why I bought our first G35X in 2005. Karen would come home during a snowfall and walk in the house with a big grin telling me no problem with that stuff and how she loved it. That was the start of our X cars.

You have your great summer play car (S2K), and the for winters an X (G35X or FX35) would make it just a bit more comfortable for your unexpected dumps of snow.
Her and Ava arrived home safe and sound Wayne. I remember you having the same concerns for K back when she was working, so you can definitely relate. I just wish the weatherman could get this half way right as I would of definitely driven her to work this morning.

Regarding the AWD, I can pretty much guarantee that my next vehicle will be an AWD of some sort. The lease is up on the G this November so I'll be getting something new.......the question is what. The FX35 is by far my first choice, just not sure I want to spend $60k this time around. Maybe there will be a used 2 year old 09 come this fall for me.

Old 01-20-2010 | 08:35 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
^good to hear the drive home was uneventful.

AWD on good snows does add another notch of safety.

H won't drive ours because she is afraid of hurting my girl.....

So far I'm pleased with my "used" approach.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Damn Weatherman!!!!