Canada Serving Canada.

G35 Turbo fitment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
G35 Turbo fitment

Well, I finally got my hands on a G35 for a week. This is all thanks to Aidan, and his trust in me.

Overall things went well, and as expected. The good news is that 90% of the kit fits right on to the G, the bad is the other 10%. As expected the charge piping going from the intercooler to the throdle body is not going to be the same as on the 350z. There is a ton of pictures, and you can see how things will shape up.

Over all it will be easy to adapt the kit to fit the G35. I was actually suprised to see that there is more room under there than on the 350z. There is a ton of room where the turbo sits, and it can actually sit a bit higher than on the Z.

If one was to have a built motor, the front crash bar would have to be removed in order to fit the larger (optional) turbo. This FMIC will support more power than a stock block can make.

Last edited by 350Z T; 01-24-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great!

So are you going to tack/weld all the piping in the correct spots, then make jigs for all the piping?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Karma
Looks great!

So are you going to tack/weld all the piping in the correct spots, then make jigs for all the piping?
Yes that is the plan. This setup I had made on the 350z and purposely only tacked, in case I need to change some things around on the G. That was not necessary.

I knew that the IC pipng to TB will have to be different, but that is no big deal at all.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice work! Curious what it would run all told to go tt on the G.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by GAU-8
Nice work! Curious what it would run all told to go tt on the G.
It depends what turbo you put in there...I just sent a kit down to Ohio and the guy is looking for 650whp. The 6262 Precision turbo will get him there.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd be happy with something that can stay inside the capabilities of the stock motor. T or TT fashion

Old 01-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Is the kit staying on the car?? Or simply test fit?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Is the kit staying on the car?? Or simply test fit?
Test fit for now, but will be going on in the spring.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The kit looks fantastic Sasha. After seeing these pictures, there's no way the car will be staying N/A. Did you run into any other problems or was it relatively straight forward?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by AidanP
The kit looks fantastic Sasha. After seeing these pictures, there's no way the car will be staying N/A. Did you run into any other problems or was it relatively straight forward?
No, no other problems. All went well, at first I was hesitant on removing your exhaust do to the rusty bolts. It wasn't too bad though, even the catalytic converters came off easy.

The car is back on the ground, so I am done with it, but it will stay in the garage until you pick it up.

Thanks again for letting me use it, I will make sure to compensate for that.

Now I need to come up with $4000 to buy 9 Osiris tuner licences....need to start selling shares..

Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully being able to market a kit for the G35 will be a step in that direction.

For those of you who are interested in this kit, I have nothing but great things to say about Sasha. He's extremely professional about his work. The minute you meet him in person it's obvious that he's a perfectionist and obviously takes a great deal of pride in his work. He's extremely knowledgeable about his work and stands behind its quality. For anyone who's interested in going F/I, this is a great alternative to any other marketed kit out there. I'd definitely recommend sending him an email, as he knows much more about his kit than most of the vendors that I've contacted about other kits.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by 350Z T

Now I need to come up with $4000 to buy 9 Osiris tuner licences....need to start selling shares..

Would you have the software to be able to shut off lights on the dash (CEL & VDC) with this?

Wouldn't COBB be a better option for long distance customers you could flash the tuner with a base tune and send it with the kit, or can Osiris be emailed?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Would you have the software to be able to shut off lights on the dash (CEL & VDC) with this?

Wouldn't COBB be a better option for long distance customers you could flash the tuner with a base tune and send it with the kit, or can Osiris be emailed?
I am still figuring out the details, and believe that osiris can be emailed. The reason I like Osiris is that it is end user tuneable (as is Cobb) but with more features. I did contact Cobb, but the customer service is very very slow, so I think that they are no longer on the list of potential EMS's.

I believe that you can erase any codes that may be giving you the CEL, and not have them come back. Not sure how it will work with the VDC, but will look in to that for you and PM you.

Now if we could only figure out how to get the TPMS light to go off I would be very happy.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Gord, it looks like it does all the things you want it to:

Straight from Osiris site:

* Up to 5 Maps on cruise control equipped vehicles
* Idle RPM
* Speed Limiter
* Electronic Throttle Control to achieve Wide Open Throttle at all speeds.
* Rev Limiter
* CEL / DTC disable
* AFR Targets
* Fuel Tuning
* Ignition Timing Advance
* Cam Phasing for equipped vehicles
* MAF transfer function
* Cranking Enrichment and Ignition Advance
* Injector Latency
* K Fuel Multiplier
* Intake Temp
* Calculated Load vs. RPM
* Minimum Effective Injector Pulse Width

Old 01-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Sounds good sorry to go OT, but if the cost isnt insane (not sure if it is the same as a full reflash) to shut off the lights. I will have to get you to do that for me if you go with Osiris.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Turbo fitment