Canada Serving Canada.

Leather crack TSB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather crack TSB

I went to Doner Infiniti (Newmarket) to see if they could fix the cracking leather seat TSB and they said that they can fix it but I have to buy the part as it's not a recall, just a TSB. And that they would do it if I was still under warranty.

I was under the impression that TSBs was honoured whether or not I was under warranty or not.

They're quoting me under $2000 to replace the leather seat trim! Plus labour!

Has anyone had this TSB done to their coupe and was all covered? Parts and labour? And if so which dealership was it done? I'm getting mixed information on it and couldn't really see anything under search results in the Canadian section.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tsb's are simply technical support bulletins. usually if there are recurring problems with a car... the manufacturer will push a tsb so that all tech's are up to speed on a problem so that it is easier for them to diagnose and fix. tsb's are only covered under the regular warranty period because they aren't related to a safety concern.

recalls are safety oriented. that's why they are still fixed after warranty.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
tsb's are simply technical support bulletins. usually if there are recurring problems with a car... the manufacturer will push a tsb so that all tech's are up to speed on a problem so that it is easier for them to diagnose and fix. tsb's are only covered under the regular warranty period because they aren't related to a safety concern.

recalls are safety oriented. that's why they are still fixed after warranty.
A TSB covered the repair of my brakes. I would call faulty brakes a saftey issue. The car is under warranty though.

Is it me or does $2k + labour seem like a pretty high price?
For example, here is a company that does leather seats - under $1k - http://www.leatherseats.com/default.asp

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 02-16-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: found leather seat company example
Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I had my driver's side seat replaced - just the part you sit on.

My car was still under warranty when I took it into Markham Infiniti during the summer last year.

They ordered the parts (the leather seat you sit on, with a new heating element, I think), called me when the parts arrived, drop my car off the next morning and was done by close of business the same day.

I recall the bill coming out to just short of $2000 for everything, because I had to sign that one to show the work was done (didn't pull out my wallet, obviously and I was shocked at the $ amount just for that bottom seat part)... and the second receipt I signed indicated $0, since it was under warranty.

If you're still under warranty, get it done!
Parts and Labour shouldn't cost you a thing.

Good luck!

Old 02-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
If you plan to fix the leather, I'd go with a good auto upholstery shop rather than OE parts.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks all!

InTgr8r: Know of one in the area? The crack is not really noticeable as of yet although I read it could get worse and get noticeable. I suppose it can just be patched up as a preventative and still wouldn't be noticeable.

Thx

Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
TSB will be fixed for free if under warranty. if not, you have to buy the parts.

did you try Alta infiniti in woodbridge? i find that doner is pretty bad at services for us.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DOUS

InTgr8r: Know of one in the area?

Thx
Would love to know of a place as well. I just want to bring the bum cushion to it's original condition, right now the foam has kind of compressed. Don't really care much for the look of the seat, just want the comfort of a new one.

TIA!