Canada Serving Canada.

Vacation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Vacation

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Buffalo airport to fly to Florida for my first vacation in over 1 year. This is long over-due. I don't plan on taking anything down there with me that has any ties to my work. No bb, no laptop, nothing work related. I am going to try to avoid the daily paper, tv, radio etc. Just anything that might throw me off my vacation mode status.

A lot of people have their vacation spots and the fort lauderdale/miami area is mine. I was going there since I was a kid and now that I'm making my own coin I make it a regular event - though not so much lately. Between the daily viist to the track, beach and bar/rips - am fairly certain this vacation will make up for lost time.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Just got back from a Florida vacation; I also went newspaper-, BB- and Driver-free. Great way to go, enjoy!!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good plan. My last two vacations this year were both 'connected' and I really didn't 'get away' like I usually do. Next time no laptop and the phone will stay OFF.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Good stuff, have fun on your well deserved vacation. Do you ever visit Bayside when you are in the Miami area? I just love it there. Always some great live music to listen to and right on the water with some good restaurants.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from Miami as well. There for a day and half. Rest of the week was on a cruise with Carnival. The weather was great and we all had an awesome time.

Enjoy your vacation!

Old 10-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm heading to phoenix AZ for the christmas holidays, gonna go visit family there. I'll be on the lookut for AZ Gs

Old 10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Just got back yesterday. It was great and am already looking into going back very shortly. After I got back it's a little depressing to see no sunshine for a day and a half but what can you do.

re: Garnet and Bayside
Yes we went there this time. Not sure when was the last time you went but it went downhill big time. Just doesn't have the same vibe as it did before.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherOAKg
Just got back yesterday. It was great and am already looking into going back very shortly. After I got back it's a little depressing to see no sunshine for a day and a half but what can you do.

re: Garnet and Bayside
Yes we went there this time. Not sure when was the last time you went but it went downhill big time. Just doesn't have the same vibe as it did before.
Last time I was at Bayside was in 07. That's a shame that it's gone downhill. It's always been a great place to grab a bite to eat and listen to some live music along the water.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Have a blast and good on ya for cutting all ties as you head out the door. It's the only way to do it.

I used to be on call 24/7 to the point where I had to call in and out if I were going off the Island where I was stationed. It was ridiculous and it ruined many a getaway.

I grew up in the areas you're talking about in south Florida. Met my wife in high school in south Miami as a matter of fact, and used to ride my motorcycle up the coast to Ft Lauderdale, Daytona etc on the weekends when I was a teenager.

Good times.

Enjoy yourself and let us know how it was when you get back!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Have a blast and good on ya for cutting all ties as you head out the door. It's the only way to do it.

I used to be on call 24/7 to the point where I had to call in and out if I were going off the Island where I was stationed. It was ridiculous and it ruined many a getaway.

I grew up in the areas you're talking about in south Florida. Met my wife in high school in south Miami as a matter of fact, and used to ride my motorcycle up the coast to Ft Lauderdale, Daytona etc on the weekends when I was a teenager.

Good times.

Enjoy yourself and let us know how it was when you get back!
Well physically I am back.

Mentally won't be back until sometime tomarrow afternoon.