Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nissan recall

Anyone see any more details on this?

Nissan is recalling 2.14 million vehicles worldwide
October 28, 2010

Nissan is recalling 2.14 million vehicles worldwide including the popular March and Mycra subcompacts for an ignition problem that may stall the engine - its third-largest recall ever.

No accidents have been reported that are suspected of being caused by the defect, according to Yokohama-based Nissan Motor Co. The recall affects cars in the the United States, Europe and Japan.

A problem was found in an ignition-system part called the relay for vehicles produced from August 2003 through July 2006, including small cars like the March, Cube and Note, and about a dozen other models, such as the Tiida sedan, Titan pickup and Infiniti QX56 luxury model.

In extreme cases, the engine will stall and won't be able to start, said Nissan spokesman Mitsuru Yonekawa.

Of the recalled vehicles, nearly 835,000 were produced in Japan, 762,000 in North America, and 354,000 in Europe.

Nissan, did not disclose a cost for the recall, but it may be relatively cheap requiring just a half hour to fix.

The cars were produced in Japan, the U.S., Great Britain, Spain, China and Taiwan.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
found this too.

CTV.ca News Staff

Date: Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 7:38 AM ET

Nissan is recalling more than two million vehicles that may have an ignition problem, including its subcompact March and Mycra models.

The Japanese automaker says that selected Nissan vehicles produced from August 2003 to July 2006 may have a relay problem that could cause the engine to stall. In extreme cases, the problem may prevent a vehicle from starting, said Nissan spokesperson Mitsuru Yonekawa.

Nissan March, Cube and Note models are part of the recall involving more than a dozen members of the Nissan car family. The Tilda sedan, Titan pickup and Infiniti QX56 luxury model are also included in the recall.

Nissan says the problem can be fixed in about a half hour. The automaker did not disclose how much it will cost the company to repair the recalled vehicles from around the world.

In total, the recall affects 2.14 million vehicles made in Japan, North America and Europe.

With files from The Associated Press

Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
heard a quick blurb on the radio this a.m. ...not much else.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Yes I was reading about that tonight. Apparently many Nissan and Infiniti models from 03 to 2006.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of those models I've never heard of before.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:17 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wgmg35
Some of those models I've never heard of before.
According to what I heard, a lot of those vehicles are Japan only, but many affected are here too.

Someone posted recently about their car suddenly stopping while driving, but I forget who that was. (musti???)
He would be interested in this recall.

C.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
According to what I heard, a lot of those vehicles are Japan only, but many affected are here too.

Someone posted recently about their car suddenly stopping while driving, but I forget who that was. (musti???)
He would be interested in this recall.

C.
hey
yeah it was me, when i was reading this, i thought maybe this was the reason , because when i initially had the problem i took it to Simones, they could not find it, he advised me to go to Infiniti dealer, even the dealer did not get any error messages on ECU, overall i was worried since we could not find out the real reason.

should i call infiniti dealer for the recall or nissan?

thanks guys for the thread!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The North American vehicles recalled include:

• 2004-06 Nissan Armada SUV
• 2004-06 Nissan Titan pickup
• 2004-06 Infiniti QX56 SUV
• 2005-06 Nissan Frontier pickup
• 2005-06 Nissan Pathfinder SUV
• 2005-06 Nissan Xterra SUV

Models elsewhere include Nissan's Cube, March, Mycra and Note small cars and the Tilda sedan.

Nissan said owners will be notified in December, when dealers have parts, and the repair takes about a half hour. The owner should not wait until then, however, if the vehicle begins to show run abnormally.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...n-recall_N.htm

Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so this doesn't apply to G35? i'm just looking at the list Silver Fox provided.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The North American vehicles recalled include:

• 2004-06 Nissan Armada SUV
• 2004-06 Nissan Titan pickup
• 2004-06 Infiniti QX56 SUV
• 2005-06 Nissan Frontier pickup
• 2005-06 Nissan Pathfinder SUV
• 2005-06 Nissan Xterra SUV

Models elsewhere include Nissan's Cube, March, Mycra and Note small cars and the Tilda sedan.

Nissan said owners will be notified in December, when dealers have parts, and the repair takes about a half hour. The owner should not wait until then, however, if the vehicle begins to show run abnormally.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...n-recall_N.htm

Old 10-29-2010, 11:27 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by musti82
hey
yeah it was me, when i was reading this, i thought maybe this was the reason , because when i initially had the problem i took it to Simones, they could not find it, he advised me to go to Infiniti dealer, even the dealer did not get any error messages on ECU, overall i was worried since we could not find out the real reason.

should i call infiniti dealer for the recall or nissan?

thanks guys for the thread!
Musti,
What I'm wondering is whether the fault would generate a code. If it does generate one then you know your issue isn't related, but if it doesn't you might inquire as to whether your car exhibits similar symptoms and could be checked for that particular fault.
Just a thought, and worth an inquiry.

Colin.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Musti,
What I'm wondering is whether the fault would generate a code. If it does generate one then you know your issue isn't related, but if it doesn't you might inquire as to whether your car exhibits similar symptoms and could be checked for that particular fault.
Just a thought, and worth an inquiry.

Colin.
Hi Colin,

the list does not include g35s the symptoms does resemble my experience. (quick summary: my car shut down in the middle of the road, when everything was running smoothly, almost as if i intentionally turn off the ignition!) You are right about the codes!

I called Nissan all they are telling is we are going to let you if you were affected, I called Infiniti they are saying the same thing. If g35s were included i could assume i will be called, but i dont think they would, im gonna learn exactly what the problem is and take my car to Vic(Simones) maybe he can look into it, they say its an oxidation on the contacts of ignition relay.