Canada Serving Canada.

unadvertised sale at canadian tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011 | 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by redpearl99
I dont have the racing jack. I thought u already had one, no?

if ur too slammed then just roll up on 3 2x8 boards then put a normal jack under the front jack point
lmao yea i do. i still gonna go up on some wood before i can use it though....i dreadd jacking up the car, i wonder what blain goes threw to get his in the air LMAO

Old 02-26-2011 | 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Travellin007
I worked at a factory that built big mother trucks for construction and mining industries, working in the methods engineering department for the assembly shop.
Once upon a time we had problems with stuff being loose or over torqued. We brought in some high tech analyzing equipment to evaluate the situation (using washers that electronically measured the compression). The end result of the study is that there is no way you can accurately torque with an impact wrench. We went to hydraulic drive torque wrenches (mind you, some of the torques we used were upwards of 1,000 ft. lbs. and then some) and calibrated manual wrenches for the lower end torques. Problem was solved.
The other lesson learned: never used teflon coated hardware.
Just thought to share this.
I agree with the above, when I worked at a large Nuclear Complex sometimes we would use a piece of equipment called Biach Stud Tensioner. It would preload the studs to the proper load and then you would just spin the nuts on. Straight impact torque wrenches were never consisitently accurate,