Canada Serving Canada.

Any experience with franchised garage (canadian tire, speedy...etc)

Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
If we are sharing Canadian Tire horror stories. I was gone away for work and wife had issues with her car (a Neon) over heating. So she took it to CT they changed the water pump and timing belt. After that the car wouldn't run so it sat at CT till I got home and could move it, while sitting there for a week a wheel and tire got stolen . So when I got home and took it to a real mechanic he took a look and said the timing is set wrong and all of the valves are bent with the timing right it ran but like $hit due to the bent valves I went to CT and tried to get compensation. They were about to pay me for the timing belt job but I got greedy and said you also ruined the valves so I want you to pay for a used head and the install on that as well. Then they wanted to see the car again, so I brought it in again then they told me the timing was right.....no $hit I have a bill right here for the new timing job. From there the greasy mechanic started to get mouthy about how he set it right blah blah blah. I asked how come I had to trailer it out of there. They told me it came in with bent valves......I asked why would you put a new water pump and timing belt on it and not say anything about the bent valves......they gave it back to my wife not even saying your car barely runs. She paid and went out to drive away and that is when she found out it was f#%ked. The mechanic was a mouthy arrogant greasy ball that is lucky he had witnesses around. Because my eye brow was starting to twitch due to the rage I was holding in. I wouldn't let those high school drop outs change my windshield wipers. I wrote letters to CT head office I never even got a reply

Old 03-13-2011, 12:26 AM
I knew a guy that apprenticed to be a mechanic at CT he said the stuff he saw go down there......he said no way should anyone even go to CT for anything and he worked there

Old 03-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Well good thing I didn't go with my gut and let them install my turbo

Old 03-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
So many Crappy Tire Horror Stories Some scary stuff goin on.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
I wouldn't let those high school drop outs change my windshield wipers. I wrote letters to CT head office I never even got a reply
Wow, that is pretty unbelieveable. What poor customer service. They ruin the engine then wont take any steps to correct their actions. Good thing I will only go there for out of country inspection.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by bomberman447
Wow, that is pretty unbelieveable. What poor customer service. They ruin the engine then wont take any steps to correct their actions. Good thing I will only go there for out of country inspection.
Seriously head office didnt even reply i went for my out of country even that made me nervous as hell. Then they wanted to do the work no chance in hell it was only belts and rear brake pads but they would have fvcked that up some how i am sure.