Canada Serving Canada.

New good mechanic's in Mississauga, details...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
glad u were happy with him. when i made the thread he did not have a business name, therefore i got flamed, i deleted the thread. he told me not to tell he works for the dealership, since the secret is out, yeah he is pretty good, naturally given his work environment. at least one person took my word and tried him. well i heard some stories about APH (regarding bad mechanic stuff they did on couple of people) i ll still go to him as long as he beats the prices of Simones. cause i have seen really young fellas working at Simones, servicing my car. by young im 28. it was bugging me. its not like the Steve's days there or the other person(cant remember the name) but again Simones is still a really reliable shop, but sometimes price and budgeting can shift u to alternative people.

anyways getting parts from Dave, and getting the service from Iggy will continue as long as the price is right and service is good as the last time. i got my window motor and oem brake rotors,spark plugs and oil change done with him. the labor was 200bucks. which seems pretty good to me.

Last edited by musti82; 05-13-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
this is gonna be slightly off topic but does anyone know if you install coilovers with camber kit and then install spacers afterwards...do you have to get an alignment again?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by musti82
glad u were happy with him. when i made the thread he did not have a business name, therefore i got flamed, i deleted the thread. he told me not to tell he works for the dealership, since the secret is out, yeah he is pretty good, naturally given his work environment. at least one person took my word and tried him. well i heard some stories about APH (regarding bad mechanic stuff they did on couple of people) i ll still go to him as long as he beats the prices of Simones. cause i have seen really young fellas working at Simones, servicing my car. by young im 28. it was bugging me. its not like the Steve's days there or the other person(cant remember the name) but again Simones is still a really reliable shop, but sometimes price and budgeting can shift u to alternative people.

anyways getting parts from Dave, and getting the service from Iggy will continue as long as the price is right and service is good as the last time. i got my window motor and oem brake rotors,spark plugs and oil change done with him. the labor was 200bucks. which seems pretty good to me.
quick question how much was it for the oem brake rotors and spark plugs and oil change come up to??

Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Spacers go on before alignment.

I am not bashing the guys work cause I haven't used him. Just because he works at the dealership doesn't really mean much. I just meant something they are more use to working on they probably have better pricing, but the coilover price was ridiculous.

Another thing you guys didn't mention is that the shop doesn't operate until 6pm. If you get a quote it doesn't hurt to call another shop and get their price.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Imperial1
this is gonna be slightly off topic but does anyone know if you install coilovers with camber kit and then install spacers afterwards...do you have to get an alignment again?
Anytime you touch your suspension you SHOULD get an alignment. Your tires will thank you.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by blaccG35
quick question how much was it for the oem brake rotors and spark plugs and oil change come up to??
if you are asking for labor: i got everything done on the same day, so window motor, brakes and rotors, oil change and plugs cost me 200 bucks. i thought it was a steal.

part price: 300bucks for oem rotors brake pad and shin, plugs were 15 bucks each, (x6)

BESIDES

I am not accusing anyone of anything, its just i have been writing here in this board for 3 years, when i previously create the thread people didnt even wait until i get the details done, and start bashing me and trying to lock the thread. I was honestly trying to help others about the guy so they can save couple of bucks like me. Well some people are just impatient spoiled brats. Anyways, its all past, i will always shop around for better price and service just like everyone else, i just put my 2 cents regarding the overall experience with these guys. For me it does matter when someone deals with similar cars 24/7 which also doesnt really guarantee quality work as we all know dealers sometimes screw us too. for now im cool with these guys.

Last edited by musti82; 05-13-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
^Awesome...

Your first thread was sh*t because you praised someone and you gave no details. Your asking why people couldn't wait before they started flaming you, why didn't you wait? Espcially until you got all the info and it would have created a proper thread about a shop.

Now after all of this you finally showed how much you paid, you should have done that from the start.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:54 AM
???????????????

anyways have a nice weekend!

Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually got an appointment tonight for my window motor replaced.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
If anyone is curious, was quoted 90$ for both belts (alternator and A/C) including parts.

I am also thinking of draining fluids....Oil, Tranny and differential and was quoted 115 for all 3 providing my own fluids.

If anyone knows a reputable mechanic that can do the above for cheaper please let me know. Thanks!