Canada Serving Canada.

My review on Gordgee's Grounding Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My review on Gordgee's Grounding Kit

Here is my review on Gordon's 5AT 10 wires grounding system

I bought my '04 G35 coupe 5AT in stock form in year 2007 and I've been keeping her that way since.

Unlike most of members on this forum, I am not a real fan of modding cars as I believe there is a reason why manufacturers build cars the way they are. If a simple mod can really make a car go that much faster and smoother like it advertises, why didn't manufacture think of it during the R&D phase and just include the said component? Sure modded cars are eye candies, but I am not gonna spend my own money modding my car. This has always been my principle since I bought my first car.

Just about a month ago, I came across this thread on the forum and as I started reading it, I found that almost 99.99% of customers are satisfied with the result. So I said to myself

"there must be something going on here with this so-called grounding kit. A seller can crook 10 or 20 positive feedback without too much hassles or being caught. But over 30 pages of positive feedback? That cannot be true!!".

So I decided to give it a shot as I told myself "this will be my first and last mod to my G35".

So I contacted Gordon via email and ordered the most popular 10 wire grounding system for 5AT transmission. The transaction went smoothly and Gordon was also very responsive in all my emails. The package came to my doorstep exactly 5 days after I sent the payment. A lot faster than I expected.

Fast forward to this morning after I have all 10 wires installed on my car and the ECU reset.

The second I started my car, I know something was different but I still can't tell what it is. So I took it out for a spin and I realize my car shakes a lot less in the low rpm and the pickup speed is a lot stronger than before. I can also see that the technometer needle moves a lot faster, which I suppose means a good thing.

But honestly speaking, even until this point I still cannot convince myself completely and blame this "new feel" to simply placebo effect.

Then I switch from automatic to manumatic mode (or whatever it is called)

DAYUMM!!!! for a second I thought I was driving a dual-clutch transmission car (though I have never driven a dual clutch system car in my life). The difference is so obvious that I bet even my girlfriend can tell the difference immediately. No wonder everyone is giving out positive feedback on this product.

Before I had this kit installed, I never bothered using the manumatic mode since it always has this close-to-one-second delay when downshifting.

This morning, I used manumatic mode the entire way from car shop to my office and I am smiling as I am writing this review. It is really that much more fun now!.

Thank you, Gordon, for developing such amazing product.

I am sorry that I cannot provide a more technical review here as my knowledge to cars and modifying cars is extremely limited. But I do hope my experience from a noob's perspective can help clear some clouds, if anyone is having a second thought before buying this product.

Robin

Edit: Just a little suggestion here which is unrelated to the product itself. I know people say do not judge a book by its cover, but you may want to consider revamping your website. It looks quite sketchy in my opinion. I am not asking for an enterprise-level realtime transaction like tirerack.com .. but some flash or html 5 touch-up would be nice. just saying..

Last edited by Smartidiot; 05-17-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Where can I buy these.

Also did you reset the ECU yourself?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by fullvietFX
Where can I buy these.

You can PM Gord about the grounding Wires. He is a long time member of this site. Here is his info https://g35driver.com/forums/members/197-gordgee.html

Old 05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fullvietFX
Where can I buy these.

Yep, all I did was unplug the negative on the battery, wait for 1 min, and plug it back in.

Last edited by Smartidiot; 05-17-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
This makes me regret selling mine.....................

Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
i had one, never felt the difference though

Old 05-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
^ did you have Gord's?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
He had SxexcX or something like that

Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Smartidiot
Yep, all I did was unplug the negative on the battery, wait for 1 min, and plug it back in.
I didn't know you could reset the ECU like that. I thought you had to go through that long procedure. I'm definitely going to give these a try. How hard was the installation?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Installed a grouding kit on a G37 Coupe... felt no difference at all and did not unplug battery. When you unplug the battery, you are erasing the history and the car will relearn.. Maybe that's what you guys are noticing instead.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nogoodname
Installed a grouding kit on a G37 Coupe... felt no difference at all and did not unplug battery. When you unplug the battery, you are erasing the history and the car will relearn.. Maybe that's what you guys are noticing instead.
+1. I've had the battery out and noticed the car drove differently for a while until it adapted again. Both with G35x and G37S.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I have Gords kit I got it mostly because I changed a lot of wires and a few grounds when I did my tuck so I thought some additional grounding can't hurt.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when rewiring an engine or creating a harness I always check the voltage at each
ground location... before and after the mod... less is best and each system has a
different tolerance level

id be interested to see the test done before the extra ground wires are installed

On most forced induction engines, running the fuel pump and coils on heavier wires,
on both the 12v and grounds will yield a noticeable difference

Thinking out loud... older cars and cars that see alot of salt etc might benefit from
just installing new grounds or cleaning the old ones... its really amazing how much
a low voltage signal can be degraded by crappy grounds...

This mod probably takes the cleaned up and replaced grounds a step further as
manufactures are ruled by the bean counters... extra ground wire + extra labour x Y
amount of vehicles adds up pretty fast against the bottom line

its great to see ppl comming up with these mods !

Old 05-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Agree with your reasoning for grounding wire kits, makes good sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My review on Gordgee's Grounding Kit