Canada Serving Canada.

Good Tint Shop in GTA?

Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Tint Shop in GTA?

Before I begin- I have searched and read the countless other threads on the topic but I mean places change, opinions change, new ones pop up, etc. so thought I'd start a newer thread.

I have a black g coupe and am looking to get it slightly tinted (max probably 30-35%). Everyone keeps saying ceramic is better so probably will go that route.

What are the good shops in and around the GTA? Don't mind paying a bit more for a quality job. Also one that knows how to work the dot matrix in the rear windows properly.

And would you guys recommend say 35% all around the car? Or dark in the rear/back and lighter up front? Does that look awkward? Plus I don't want to go dark at all and mess up night vision.

Any comments/tips would be appreciated.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.audioheaven.ca/

I did 35% on the sides of my sedan, and 20% on the rear. I wouldn't go any darker if you care about night vision (and you should).

Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i can vouch for Thornhill Tints.......owner Richard is a good guy, and they did a good job on mine.....

i got 20% all around for my coupe.....it does get difficult to see at night, especially with two side windows versus four in a sedan.....but cosmetically, it looks great though!

35% is a bit light cosmetically.....but ensures quality night vision.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
350zed - Are those ceramic or metallic tints? Probably just the picture but those look pretty dark for 35%! I'd still like to be able to see inside the car somewhat.

G35DG - How were Thornhill Tints on the dot matrix? Did you have any issues?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
There was a bit of dot matrix uneveness.......not overly noticeable.....

the owner at Thornhill Tints was nice enough to tell me to go back the week after, and they would press it down more.......but since it wasn't too noticeable, i was too lazy to go back......

Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
audio heaven is probably the best ive heard of local

Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
i've also heard good things about FX Auto Tints......they're slightly more expensive though.....

but i can't personally vouch for them since i've never been there before.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Trimline of Metrowest did my IP Coupe last summer. I went with 35%; I had 20% on my last car and it was a bit too dark for my liking. Trimline did a good job - the dot matrix isn't perfect but it isnt noticeable unless you're looking specifically for something to complain about.

http://www.trimlineinc.ca/

Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Zed
http://www.audioheaven.ca/

I did 35% on the sides of my sedan, and 20% on the rear. I wouldn't go any darker if you care about night vision (and you should).

That does not look like 35% tbh, although its probably just lighting.

anyways, i went to http://auto-links.ca/ and they did a good job, very clean and professional garage too, you can watch TV in the waiting area while they do it as well.

i went 15% tint all around. i think its the perfect percentage. people cant really see inside the car, and you can see out just fine in a well lit area
only very rearely do i have to pull down my windows to see better, only in residential areas with low lighting

Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Exceptional
That does not look like 35% tbh, although its probably just lighting.

anyways, i went to http://auto-links.ca/ and they did a good job, very clean and professional garage too, you can watch TV in the waiting area while they do it as well.

i went 15% tint all around. i think its the perfect percentage. people cant really see inside the car, and you can see out just fine in a well lit area
only very rearely do i have to pull down my windows to see better, only in residential areas with low lighting
It is 35%, and it is the lighting that makes it look darker.

I wouldn't go any darker, unless you like (a) not seeing at night, and (b) seeing this a lot...

Old 09-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have had everything done at Audio Heaven, great work and usually has a great price.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Zed
It is 35%, and it is the lighting that makes it look darker.

I wouldn't go any darker, unless you like (a) not seeing at night, and (b) seeing this a lot...

my car is "murdered out" black rims and black 15% tint all around
never been pulled over

anyways, 15% i love because of the privacy it offers. most people cant see in
after being at 15% and driving a non tinted car it felt terrible lol

Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 AM
I had mine done at Autolinks (turn down your volume before clicking http://www.auto-links.ca/) - lifetime warranty of their premium tints. Very professional and courteous service - I ended up getting 15% all around (don't like the staggered look, 35% was too light) and its been 6 months without any problems from the police (GTA).

Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Try I- Tint
Don knows his stuff and always working with high end cars.... when my G was done a bentley was coming after me to get tints

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
+1 ITINT.Ca, Dom is awesome, just make sure ur cars washed before u go there, and he only uses LLUMAR tint film for 200$ cash, i did a review on them, i highly recommend them

www.itint.ca

mention the g35driver.com club as he wants more business from all car clubs, just share your experience there from start to finish, he'll knock off 15-20$ off a windsheild strip.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good Tint Shop in GTA?