Canada Serving Canada.

Regency Infiniti North Van took great care...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Thumbs up Regency Infiniti North Van took great care...

Eh guys.

It's not every day that I'm able to spread good news about a local dealership, but when I get the opportunity I embrace it.

I've been struggling with some ABS / VLC / Slip lights on the dash. The codes weren't specific enough to put a finger on any one thing. Even MonkeyNutz was left scratching their head as everything they could see in those systems was checking out. They suggested I take it to an Infiniti dealer for more detailed diagnostic assessment.

I did a true "hit and run" visit on Regency- I had about 45 minutes to spare between appointments and their service department took me in. Pretty soon after they pulled the car in one of their advisors came to me and asked about my tire sizes and how long I'd had that setup. I figured he was hinting that the tire sizes had something to do with the lights- but I dismissed that thought because I'd had that setup for about 3 years (and yes, 1 of those years was in the shop lol). and hadn't had the problem until more recently.

They went back to the drawing board but didn't have a chance to get right down to it before I had to leave. We agreed that I would bring the car in when I had more time and they sent me on my way.

I WAS going to head back but subsequently blew a tire (another story) whereby in the hunt for new tires I realized that my current setup WAS improper and that the fronts were in fact "taller" than the rear. Only by a SMALL margin- but that's all the computers need to throw a code. I'm not ENTIRELY certain that was it, but it's certainly a likely possibility.

The staff there was EXTREMELY polite and hospitable and kept me appraised of what was going on every step of the way. Most important, the price was almost over-generously fair and likely had something to do with the fact that they knew I'd be back...

...for something!

The following users liked this post:
Swivel (06-15-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Nice to hear a good dealership story once in a while!